New Dan Wesson CBOB pics

Guest Plainsman

Guest Plainsman

Finally got around to getting some pictures of my new Dan Wesson CBOB. I'll give Hero Gear a shout out for the help and service. I did experience a loose ejector after the first trip to the range, but Jeff at Hero fixed that up for me. I've got no other complaints, and its a very accurate 1911 with a great trigger. Its amazing how much the bobtail does for carry.

SN852652.jpg

SN852659.jpg

SN852653.jpg

SN852657.jpg

SN852655.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me

I always here of these with loose ejectors. It seems like every time I see one of these the first thing the guy says is it had a loose ejector but it's fixed now. If I dropped $1300 on a gun and it had a loose anything after one shoot I would be pissed.

I always here of these with loose ejectors. It seems like every time I see one of these the first thing the guy says is it had a loose ejector but it's fixed now. If I dropped $1300 on a gun and it had a loose anything after one shoot I would be pissed.

:up:

Guest Plainsman

Well, I too had always heard that the ejector on a 1911 should be as solid as a rock, with no movement. I looked at my Springfield and noticed that it was very solid and thought that something was wrong with the CBOB. I can replace or repair most parts on a 1911, but I've heard that the ejector was one of the projects that a home tinkerer may could mess up. Since I didn't want to risk any damage to the frame or slide, I decided to just take it back to Jeff at Hero to have him take a look at it. He told me that although it was loose, the roll pin was still present and that it wouldn't come off or anything. He basically said that if I left it alone, it would continue to work just fine (the ejector worked perfectly during the trip to the range). But me being the perfectionist type, I went ahead and had him install a new Ed Brown ejector. Its now solid as a rock, which in my opinion it should have been in the first place.

I emailed Dan Wesson before taking it back to Hero to get their response to the problem. Initially, I was unaware that the ejector pin was a roll pin and thought that the pin had not been installed or something. This is what I got....

The ejector pin is a roll pin. This is why you can see through the hole. We did not blend the extractor nor the ejector to the frame or slide on that model to cut costs to both us and you.

Keith Lawton

Operations Manager

Dan Wesson Firearms

So, basically he's telling me the same thing that Jeff told me: Although its loose, it will work fine.

I agree completely that no $1300 1911 should have a loose anything. Especially with the slide to frame fitting that is fit so well. But, its something that I had to deal with that was fixable and now I'm over it. If I wasn't so retentive in my cleaning process, I would have probably never noticed it. My CBOB was made in 2006, and hopefully the models newer are now fitted with a better ejector and extractor.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. The trigger is outstanding and all other fit and finish are excellent. The bobtail feels so good in the hand. I"ll get a range report the next time I get out...