• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. The feller at G&L said it's taking 120 days with the cencus going on. I don't believe that, but it's always nice to expect a long time and it happen quicker.

That is a lie. Everyone recently is getting theirs in about 3 weeks.

When I turned in my application on 4/13 the guy at the DMV said it would take 4 months. LOL.. way to not get my hopes up! I went home that night and registered on the TAPS website to get my prints and there was the following notice:

*Please Note Fingerprint Processing Delay for April/May 2010

The Federal Government will be screening all of its 2010 Census workers for a criminal history during the last week of April into the first week of May. Anyone who is required to submit noncriminal justice fingerprints to TBI for employment screenings should expect a delay in fingerprint processing. The processing should be back to normal by mid- May.

So I was hoping I'd gotten mine in soon enough. Apprears I did since my permit came today. 2 1/2 weeks since I submitted by prints. I wonder though if folks who submitted at the end of April/beginning of May might be delayed a bit though. There are ALOT of temporary census workers and they DO all have to submit to printing/background checks soooo...

Good luck!

well i had my application turned in registered with TAPS via phone and fingerprinted on 4/12 and still nothing. yall getting yours before me is making me depressed lol

Ehh.. don't sweat it. Maybe it'll come tomorrow. :) Just relax, grab some snacks :) and a cold drink ;) and it'll be here before you know it.

The wife and I are into the wait as well. 2 weeks since printing and it appears the average wait is 4 - 4 1/2 weeks now. We shall see. :D

And see we did....the results are in! 2 weeks and 2 days! We received our HCP's in yesterdays mail. We figured the FBI processing pause would cause a delay but apparently not.

• 2 weeks later...