Do you have a passport?

Do you have a Passport?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Passport?

• Yes, Full Passport
    • Yes, Passport Card
    • No

I sent mine for renewal a few days ago. They returned it, as it was 5 days over the renewal time and I've got to reapply for a new one. The post office then took the invalid one as ID when applying for a new one. More delay and an additional $25. That's the federal government at it's best!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one. Posting from Beijing, right now.

I'm in Beijing for one more night, if you get this and want to have a drink send me a PM.

After that Shanghai till Thursday then back home...

I am in Beijing about once a month, always at the Landmark (w/ the Hard Rock).

Oh and I have two, duel citizenship. No, not China.

We made our first driving trip into central Mexico last year to see my wife's family, and our whole family had to have passports.

Passports - good. Driving through Mexico - bad.

Don't have one, but keeping meaning to get it...figure it would be easier to already have it then try to get one quickly.

Went to TX earlier this year and was very close to the border...might have been fun to have crossed just for fun, but couldn't of course...or couldn't have got back in...lol

If you don't have one I would suggest getting the book and card at the same time. Cheaper than separate and the card is supposed to make it a bit faster at the places it is good for.

If you don't have one I would suggest getting the book and card at the same time. Cheaper than separate and the card is supposed to make it a bit faster at the places it is good for.

I wouldn’t waste my money on both. I am aware of no reason to have both.

I went through customs quicker in Canada using a passport than I did using a DL.

What makes you think having a card would be any quicker than a full passport?

:confused:

I wouldn’t waste my money on both. I am aware of no reason to have both.

I went through customs quicker in Canada using a passport than I did using a DL.

What makes you think having a card would be any quicker than a full passport?

:confused:

My understanding is the card has a RFID chip which is suppose to make scanning it easier than having to inspect the book.

Also I didn't think you could your DL anymore unless it was an enhanced DL...meaning one with a RFID chip.

I admit...I don't know for sure on any of this.

Guest Synghyn

Yep, I've needed it for work for a good number of years now. It doesn't get much of a workout, but I travel out of the States a couple of times a year on average. Renewed it a couple years ago (you guys just made me check :meh:), I got till 2016 on it.

Syn

I have a chip and bar code on my passport for globle entry which means I dont have to wait in line,I swipe my passport and scan my finger prints and Im in.

Going to start working on my FM3.