Ramsey Speaks Out On Islam

On the topic of Sharia, I think a quote from General Charles James Napier in India on the custom of Sati is relevant:

Keeping government out of religion and religion out of government as a general rule is a Good Thing. Yes, it may sting when it's ruled that a courtrooms can't have bible quotes on the walls, but that same precedent that keeps Christianity out of the courts today will keep Islam out of the courts tomorrow. And while it may seem like a victory to have Christian prayer protected in the schools, understand it opens the way for every other religion to practice as well. How are you going to feel if your grand kids are made to sit through Fajr (the islamic dawn prayer) being played over the schools intercom system each morning before the Pledge of Allegiance? Secular government is a Good Thing.

I haven't seen faith move mountains, but I've see what it does to skyscrapers.

*stands and applauds*

Very well said - much better than I could have said it. Thank you. And I'm a Christian.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt that this will hurt him. It may pick up some votes from fence-sitters. For one, he's right. There are issues that need to be addressed. Second, most conservatives are tired of our government taking a stand about freedom from religion (except Islam, gloabal warming, or other politically-correct groups), and want our government to truly guarantee freedom OF religion.

When was the last time you heard a modern day Christian recognised leader preach that we need to kill people of other faiths? 0r start a holy war on unbelievers? Other than a few rare extremists like that Baptist Church in Kansas that is after soldiers and gays, there are very few. And when they do, they are soundly ostracized by all others of that religion. Now look at the Muslims on the other hand. Even here in this country, many, perhaps even most of their leaders and organizations support and preach violence, hatred and kill the infidels. When was the last time you heard an outcry against that by other Muslim leaders.

I would strongly recommend that you read a book by Brigitte Gabriel, They Must Be Stopped. If you are not already aware of reality and Muslims, it might open your eyes.

Lastly, our country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. It was never meant to be free of religion. Some of our forefathers came here to escape a national government (England) imposed religion. Many of the original colonies, and even states, had state religions. No one saw anything wrong with that at all. The lack of moral convictions in our country and government is leading us down the path to destruction. If we even survive it, we will be taken over by violence like in Mexico, and or, violence like in the middle east. Both factions are using our freedoms against us to protect themselves and change us. Fundamental change is right. People here better wise up soon.

Ramsey may have made a political mistake that will cause him damage by his statements, but I think he was right, and I apprciate his honesty. If he gets the party nomination, he will get my vote. His stance on the Feds, 2nd Amendment issues and now this are all things I support.

Guest TnRebel

OK let take this from the start , In IMHO, he did NOT call Muslim a cult , he is saying what ever YOU want to call it . as in passing . and No matter what you call it, they cross the line when they bring " Sharia Law" into the United States .

"But you cross the line when they start trying to bring Sharia law into the United States," he said. "Now you could even argue whether being a Muslim is actually a religion, or is it a nationality, a way of life or cult, whatever you want to call it? We do protect our religions, but at the same time, this is something that we are going to have to face."

Islamophobia--the fear that some crazed towel head has a bomb strapped to his body while cruising the local mall. Or is it the fear that some crazed towel head will try to cut off my head if I don't believe in his religion?

Islamophobia--the fear that some crazed towel head has a bomb strapped to his body while cruising the local mall. Or is it the fear that some crazed towel head will try to cut off my head if I don't believe in his religion?

Uh ... this, whatever it is, has nothing do to with the discussion.

Gets old. Disagree with Islam - Islamaphobia. Disagree with homosexuality - homophobia, Disagree with the President - racist, and on and on and on it goes. Argue facts and figures, not t-shirt sentiments. :squint:

BTW - I would say 15754 Islamic terrorist attacks just since 9/11 is hard to call insignificant. In June alone there were 180 "Jihad" claimed attacks in 19 different countries with 601 dead and 833 critically injured. Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Guest Letereat!

Id like to see them try to enforce their Sharia law on just one American citizen. Our state Dept. is bringing these folks to our shores in droves via Organizations Like "Bridge Refugee Service" under the umbrella of the Episcopal Church and other groups. Damn Libs!!

Guest Boogieman

Still voting for Ron. He makes a good point with what he said even if some were offended by it. The same comments could be made about any of the other religions due to the variey of off shoots many have. Practice whatever you want to, just dont think that this freedom gives you leave to violate the law of the land.

Guest Letereat!

Yep. Im believe in freedom to worship any way you choose, but when u try to make those beliefs legally binding to a society at large we got issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue here is not whether a religion is trying to impose its own code of legality on us. The real issue is that we want our religion and not theirs to impose its religious laws on the legal system. The Christian church long ago left its arena of saving souls to seek political power. When I hear a candidate telling me he is a â€Bible believing Christian†or hear uproar over removing the Ten Commandment tablets out of a court room I can sense the same influence as I do from mention of Islamic Law. American religions already believe that they should control politics and thereby the lives of all Americans.

Christ believed that the church should give the individual a moral and spiritual compass to live their own lives by. That compass would dictate, within the individual, the ability to make the right political and legal decisions. Our churches and their leaders have by passed that system and now act directly in politics. When the Religion speaks in support of a specific political organization and not just general issues, it leaves religion and enters politics.

With this religious-politics marriage we now expect to control the political overtones of a “new†religion, Islam. We made the system and they are simply using it.

The position of The Constitution of the United States is clear. Tolerance for all religions, in the religious context. It promises to not abridge religious freedom. It says nothing about allowing or abridging strictly political or legal actions by a religious group.

All religions should stay out of the political arena. As a born again Christian I would want my representatives to enact laws that do not work evil. But I do not want them to copy their laws from those of the various religions. Make laws with a Christian conscience, but not Christian Laws!

We do need safeguards against imposition of Sheria Law . But we equally need safeguards against so-called Judeo-Christian Law. (Most of the really strict parts of Sheria Law are simply re-writes of the Old Testament Laws, many no longer followed by those of the Jewish faith, for being too harsh btw.)

Limit religion’s part in politics and then allow tolerance of religious beliefs IAW the U.S. Constitution.

The issue here is not whether a religion is trying to impose its own code of legality on us. The real issue is that we want our religion and not theirs to impose its religious laws on the legal system. The Christian church long ago left its arena of saving souls to seek political power. When I hear a candidate telling me he is a ”Bible believing Christian” or hear uproar over removing the Ten Commandment tablets out of a court room I can sense the same influence as I do from mention of Islamic Law. American religions already believe that they should control politics and thereby the lives of all Americans.

Christ believed that the church should give the individual a moral and spiritual compass to live their own lives by. That compass would dictate, within the individual, the ability to make the right political and legal decisions. Our churches and their leaders have by passed that system and now act directly in politics. When the Religion speaks in support of a specific political organization and not just general issues, it leaves religion and enters politics.

With this religious-politics marriage we now expect to control the political overtones of a “new” religion, Islam. We made the system and they are simply using it.

The position of The Constitution of the United States is clear. Tolerance for all religions, in the religious context. It promises to not abridge religious freedom. It says nothing about allowing or abridging strictly political or legal actions by a religious group.

All religions should stay out of the political arena. As a born again Christian I would want my representatives to enact laws that do not work evil. But I do not want them to copy their laws from those of the various religions. Make laws with a Christian conscience, but not Christian Laws!

We do need safeguards against imposition of Sheria Law . But we equally need safeguards against so-called Judeo-Christian Law. (Most of the really strict parts of Sheria Law are simply re-writes of the Old Testament Laws, many no longer followed by those of the Jewish faith, for being too harsh btw.)

Limit religion’s part in politics and then allow tolerance of religious beliefs IAW the U.S. Constitution.

Uh close, but way off. American law IS rooted heavily in Judeo-Christian ethics, beliefs, and practices. The idea you can separate one's beliefs and politics is naive. They are one in the same. If a person doesn't live by what thy believe then they don't really believe it. ;) Our system of law has a very clear influence on life liberty and freedom. Sharia law also has a very clear influence. I'll take ours anytime and will fight against any semblance of Sharia any day. Even if you claim agnosticism or atheism, logically you would champion Judeo-Christian law. Anything else would have you killed. Think about it. Besides, the original intent of the Constitution was never to ban religion from politics but rather limit governments role IN religion. In fact it is very clear that the original intent was a heavy influence in Judeo-Christian values as the guiding principle in interpretation. The more we loose that concept, the more we will loose the Constitution. This is essentially the liberal strategy.

• Administrator
Judging all Muslim's by the actions of jihadists is no different from judging all Baptists by the actions of Westboro Baptist.

Sorry, but have either Southern or Westboro Baptists flown passenger jets full of terrified innocent people into buildings full of terrified innocent people?

Guest RevScottie
Sorry, but have either Southern or Westboro Baptists flown passenger jets full of terrified innocent people into buildings full of terrified innocent people?

Maybe not but there have been abortion clinics bombed in the name of Jesus which is extremist Christian terrorism.

Guest HvyMtl

"Sorry, but have either Southern or Westboro Baptists flown passenger jets full of terrified innocent people into buildings full of terrified innocent people?"

No, but a Former U. S. Soldier, Bronze Star recipient, who was raised Catholic sure did a number on a Federal building out in Oklahoma...

Gonna hold that against all American Catholics?

"Uh close, but way off. American law IS rooted heavily in Judeo-Christian ethics, beliefs, and practices. The idea you can separate one's beliefs and politics is naive. They are one in the same. If a person doesn't live by what thy believe then they don't really believe it. :) Our system of law has a very clear influence on life liberty and freedom. Sharia law also has a very clear influence. I'll take ours anytime and will fight against any semblance of Sharia any day. Even if you claim agnosticism or atheism, logically you would champion Judeo-Christian law. Anything else would have you killed. Think about it. Besides, the original intent of the Constitution was never to ban religion from politics but rather limit governments role IN religion. In fact it is very clear that the original intent was a heavy influence in Judeo-Christian values as the guiding principle in interpretation. The more we loose that concept, the more we will loose the Constitution. This is essentially the liberal strategy. "

The idea that America was founded by Fundamentalist Christians and that the Constitution and American law was founded on the Bible is a religious myth, spread by the organized church to make it appear that we live in a Christian theocracy. Our government was founded by Deists and men who took their roots out of the Enlightenment period. The law is base on Anglo-Saxon law (pagans!) and Roman Law . Trying to show similarities between the Ten Commandments and the Constitution is an exercise in futility. All of the common principles shared are also shared by all of the major world religions. There is no Judeo-Christian commonality either. When it comes to religion you are either a Jew or a Christian, you can't be both or half one and half the other. The two religions split asunder by the end of the 3rd Century C.E. When the framers of those documents spoke of GOD they spoke of a universal creator not a specific religion's concept of god. I am a Christian but I am not an ostrich, we lie and manipulate the truth and history with the best of them. In the process we lose contact with Yeshua bar Miriam's original message, we stop being Christians and start being politicians. Christ was crucified by politicians, and probably would be today.

"Uh close, but way off. American law IS rooted heavily in Judeo-Christian ethics, beliefs, and practices. The idea you can separate one's beliefs and politics is naive. They are one in the same. If a person doesn't live by what thy believe then they don't really believe it. :) Our system of law has a very clear influence on life liberty and freedom. Sharia law also has a very clear influence. I'll take ours anytime and will fight against any semblance of Sharia any day. Even if you claim agnosticism or atheism, logically you would champion Judeo-Christian law. Anything else would have you killed. Think about it. Besides, the original intent of the Constitution was never to ban religion from politics but rather limit governments role IN religion. In fact it is very clear that the original intent was a heavy influence in Judeo-Christian values as the guiding principle in interpretation. The more we loose that concept, the more we will loose the Constitution. This is essentially the liberal strategy. "

The idea that America was founded by Fundamentalist Christians and that the Constitution and American law was founded on the Bible is a religious myth, spread by the organized church to make it appear that we live in a Christian theocracy. Our government was founded by Deists and men who took their roots out of the Enlightenment period. The law is base on Anglo-Saxon law (pagans!) and Roman Law . Trying to show similarities between the Ten Commandments and the Constitution is an exercise in futility. All of the common principles shared are also shared by all of the major world religions. There is no Judeo-Christian commonality either. When it comes to religion you are either a Jew or a Christian, you can't be both or half one and half the other. The two religions split asunder by the end of the 3rd Century C.E. When the framers of those documents spoke of GOD they spoke of a universal creator not a specific religion's concept of god. I am a Christian but I am not an ostrich, we lie and manipulate the truth and history with the best of them. In the process we lose contact with Yeshua bar Miriam's original message, we stop being Christians and start being politicians. Christ was crucified by politicians, and probably would be today.

Rewriting history are we? Just because people have perverted some truths doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water. As to your duality issue, its like saying what i do as an individual has no impact on my marriage. I can guarantee you it does. I find it interesting you are more concerned with criticizing christian short comings than the muslims who are actively attacking the world with terrorism.

...I find it interesting you are more concerned with criticizing christian short comings than the muslims who are actively attacking the world with terrorism.

When the Catholic Church (which WAS Christianity) was same age as Islam is now, it had much the same purpose.

It determined heads of state in Europe and sent armies to conquest the infidels. And let's not forget those charming little Inquisition centuries.

What eventually defanged the political and bellicose nature of Mother Church, of course, was all the sects that came out of the Protestant Reformation, eventually affecting overall Christendom.

Since there are already signs of more Islamic splinter sects, perhaps it will morph into a kinder, gentler religion, as did Christianity, but I admit in this crowded and divided world, I don't think there's time to wait.

- OS