Looks like we're leaving TN..

Guest Arko

Yup. Sadly, it's true.

We're moving to Maryland.

We tried to make a go of it in Tennessee, and love it here, but Tennessee never really loved us back from an economic standpoint.

Both myself and my wife have been laid off several times and just can't find stable work here.

My side business, being perceived as a luxury never gained traction either, despite the popularity of my blog. Timing sucked with the economy in general, then everyone being affected by the flood. No hard feelings there. We understand the economy is still tough.

We've made some great friends here, and will miss them. I also have some great online friends.

In the meantime, I need to MAKE IT to Maryland first! The new job, consistent with industry practice of late does not offer relocation, and I need to move fast. I probably won't be on much in the next week, while I try to hustle for some cash.

I may have some guns or sale too. At the least is an American Classic, .45 in 1911. email me if you're interested.

For anybody that want to keep in touch off TGO, email me at: jwpetronella@gmail.com

My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PlayWithYourFoodNashville

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good riddance to ya.

Just kidding. :D

Sorry things haven't worked out for you here in the motherland and wish you the best.

Check Maryland laws before hauling any guns up there. They are, uh...strict.

Thanks man. Me too! My career field is very narrow, and nobody will give me a shot at anything different, so off to follow the money..

Yeah..I can bring/possess the guns, but CC is "may" issue, which translates to: "not until you know someone important and/or pay a lawyer to push it"

Hate to see ya go. Best of luck. And ya know - you could stick around after the move. There's no requirement to live in TN to participate here!

I kinda forget that! Like I assumed I was booted once I cross the state line!

Guest HvyMtl

Arko, I too understand the issue of unemployment, and have, too, come to the realization Tennessee may not have employment for me. I am gonna fight it for as long as I can...

Sorry you had to go North. Be glad you are south of the Mason Dixon line :D

You might not even have to change the location on your profile. It just depends on how you define "near Nashville"... :D

Good point!

Arko, I too understand the issue of unemployment, and have, too, come to the realization Tennessee may not have employment for me. I am gonna fight it for as long as I can...

Sorry you had to go North. Be glad you are south of the Mason Dixon line :rofl:

No kidding! Being a former PRNY prisoner, err..resident even Maryland looks free!

Depending on a bunch of factors, like commute, etc, i may even consider settling in VA and just working in MD.

Guest TargetShooter84

Sorry you had to go North. Be glad you are south of the Mason Dixon line :D

Agreed with him here for my situation too.

Good luck with the damned Yankees :rofl:

Agreed with him here for my situation too.

Good luck with the damned Yankees :D

I've been here a few years now, so I can SOUND Tennessee. THAT will really mess with them!

If so, then good luck catching crabs Arko.

I know how you must feel though, even though I haven't lost my job yet. After what took place today it's looking like my last big customer in this area isn't going to be around much longer, which will pretty much mean my company has run it's course. I went to work there right out of school and have worked my way pretty much to the top over the last 14 years. At least I pretty much have experience in just about every aspect of a business now, so hopefully something else will come around. If not though I'll be heading further south.

Dang. Sorry you have to go man, we never even got to shoot!

I know!

Good luck Arko. I understand a lot of your pain.

You have probably explained before but why Maryland? Are you a crab fisherman? ;)

Just the first company that has followed all the way through. I've sent resumes EVERYWHERE. I wanted to stay near Nash, or at least in TN..hell, at least the south or west, but beggars can't be choosers. It will actually end up being a good position, but I'm sweatin' making it out there.

If so, then good luck catching crabs Arko.

I know how you must feel though, even though I haven't lost my job yet. After what took place today it's looking like my last big customer in this area isn't going to be around much longer, which will pretty much mean my company has run it's course. I went to work there right out of school and have worked my way pretty much to the top over the last 14 years. At least I pretty much have experience in just about every aspect of a business now, so hopefully something else will come around. If not though I'll be heading further south.

Sorry to hear it man. It's been a perfect storm economically. My new employer has several years of work lined up, but even that seems like a hollow promise these days.

Good point!

No kidding! Being a former PRNY prisoner, err..resident even Maryland looks free!

Depending on a bunch of factors, like commute, etc, i may even consider settling in VA and just working in MD.

VA's gun laws are much better than Maryland's. Good luck. Stick around.

I do have to say that I don't think this is totally Obama's fault, because I was seeing alot of businesses closing or moving before his time. However, it should be noted that it's awful strange that the year before he was elected was the biggest and absolute best year my company has ever had, and now this year is the worst.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Godspeed my friend....

A close friend who lives in FL is from MD and just the other day arrived there for a vacation, she said it was early evening and it was only 60 degrees and felt wonderful. There are lots of beautiful spots out on the banks and such there, I do hope you enjoy and do not freeze plum' up come winter.

Do keep the Tennessee speak to keep them confused and the idea of living in VA sounds like the right plan to me.

The best of luck to ya and as KB4 said there is no need to leave the site......they do have computers up yonder ont dey?

• Administrator

Arko, I hate that it didn't work out for you in Tennessee. To ease the transition a little, I'm going to gift you with a 1-month Benefactor membership so that you can perhaps move some of your surplus firearms and make it a little easier to rustle up some cash.

Good luck to you and yours.

Guest Bronker
...To ease the transition a little, I'm going to gift you with a 1-month Benefactor membership so that you can perhaps move some of your surplus firearms and make it a little easier to rustle up some cash...

Classy, there. ;)