Walmart: Ammo Sale and Bingo

D3vo

Mrs. D3vo gave the green light to purchase a Taurus Raging Bull .44 magnum w/ an 8" barrel for my birthday.

So for the first time I was looking to price .44 magnum. I had complete sticker shock when compared with my usual 9mm and .40

So last night I was at Wal-mart when the clouds parted (it was at night), the sun shined down on a box of WWB .44 for 17.89

I thought "Jackpot", only to find the box was in the wrong location on the ammo shelf when it rang up 32.00

So the guys behind the counter (who usually work in electronics) said "Lets see if we can get a price override." I thought .44 magnum for 1/2 price would be legendary. :rolleyes:

Well that's what happened. So nice job guys from Electronics.

I almost forgot I won our game of Wal-mart Bingo.

If you don't know what it is then Google it. :up:

MartBingo1.jpg

Edited by D3vo
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda like stealing?

As you knew it was in the wrong space.

Id not call that a win. I would have bought it like that.

First you don't know me and I don't know you, but you making an awful lot of assumptions.

Did you read that I had just started pricing .44 when I found this value?

Did you read the part when it rang up 32.00 and I was surprised?

Did you read the employees offered the price override?

Any part of this you witness personally?

I realize the internet offers a certain amount of anonymity to judge people, but it's really not nice. :popcorn:

Guest Glock23ForMe

Honestly, FWIW, If I see something on the shelf at the Good 'Ole Wal-Mart, and think, "Wow, That's Cheap" I pick it up and buy it and then get to the register and tell them, "That's not what the shelf says."

Go You, D3vo, make them accountable.

I hate it when something is on sale there and you get to the register and it's more expensive.

Story: Coke's were on sale for $0.98 for a 2 Liter. When we checked out they rang up $1. I fought over 2-2 Liters at $0.98 until I got them for what the shelf says. Bottom Line, one person, not a big deal, but if they sell 500,000 of them all over the country in one day that's $10,000. Stick it to them.

I am not judging I am stating facts from your post.

You seen the ammo was in the wrong location. Thus the price for that slot did not match the item.

Knowing this you accepted the employee’s change with a price override.

One thing I did assume was your statement about the employee was from electronics. This makes it sound like since it was not his area he didn’t know what he was doing. This the prices override.

No the ammo was not ON SALE just wrong location.

Call it what you like but it was wrong and stealing!

Its easier to defend snap judgments than to apologize for them.

Have we not learned anything from the Reloaders Bench and SRHEC threads.

Two more facts you should have since you were not there.

I did not ask for the override, but happy to accept it

It took a manager to override. No one was taken advantage of which is a major focus of your argument.

Furthermore I don't expect you will apologize although I believe you should.

That's amazing thing about emails and forum posts you assume you know what "jackpot" was in reference to. You think its "I am going to screw Walmart when it was simple excitement to see cheaper prices in another brand. Read through my posts They indicate I am just entering the .44 market. There was no malice. Again people are making a lot of assumptions here. I am not defending myself as to prove a point. You shouldn't call someone to the woodshed on the details from a simple post.

I may be going against the grain here but I am assuming D3VO did not know the price was 32.00 till they rang up and was not trying to slight Wal-Mart at all. I've had it happen to me before where I went to get something and it comes up different and if you make a shocked face or whatnot the cashier will normally ask what is wrong and if you say it said it was cheaper then they will ask where and what it was priced at and get it overrode. this is also coming from someone who worked retail like that for 3 years. also, who the hell can read anything on the price stickers other than the price? on a side note i got to academy sports every week after church as a time killer till places open for lunch and i dont think they know how to stock stuff up in the correct places. i saw 50 dollar AR slings in a 3 dollar spot and this wasnt just a misplaced single item the entire rack was filled with them. i could have been a prick and bought them all and gotten 300 dollars worth of slings for 18 bucks but that time i knew they were wrong was able to read what the sticker was actually priced for.

Guest Straight Shooter

If that WalMart is like ours now, that ammo is behind a locked glass case, and the EMPLOYEE'S put it there. THAT IS THEIR MISTAKE. D3vo did not know the actual price, and it was incumbent upon WALMART to honor the price. No wrong doing at all on his part.

As Ive said a couple times on here before...some of yall would argue with GOD.

SHUT-UP already.

Guest db99wj

Who's to say they were running a great clearance deal. And that ammo Is behind the counter, I would assume that's the price. No harm no foul, score!

My walmart has most the ammo behind glass behind the counter as well. I don't know the price of .44 either. I have a feeling I am about to learn the price of .45 all to well though.

As Ive said a couple times on here before...some of yall would argue with GOD.

SHUT-UP already.

Bill & Hillary Clinton and Al Gore all die in a plane crash. Upon reaching the gates of Heaven, they're met by God. God looks down from his throne at Al Gore and asks, "Who are you?" Al Gore replies, "I'm Al Gore, I was Vice President of the Unite d States." God thinks for a second and says, "Very commendable. You may take the chair to my immediate left" Looking at Bill Clinton, God asks who HE is. "I was Bill Clinton, PRESIDENT of the United States." "Very good," says God. "You may take the chair to my right." Looking at Hillary, he asks, "And who are YOU?" "I'm Hillary Clinton, and YOU'RE in MY chair!!"

enjoy

So last night I was at Wal-mart when the clouds parted (it was at night), the sun shined down on a box of WWB .44 for 17.89

I thought "Jackpot", only to find the box was in the wrong location on the ammo shelf when it rang up 32.00

JeffSig...what part of that post says "you knew it was in the wrong space" ?

Seems pretty clear to me that D3vo thought it was 17.98 until it rang up higher. Does anyone know if Wal-Mart offers remedial reading comprehension lessons, or are those kept in the wrong space?

I am surpised they sold it for the price you claim. Certainly they had no obligation to do so.

And as well I see you doing nothing wrong but I am not so sure I want a clerk like that working for me.

it's a moral dilemna alright

With the hard time I had with walmart on a recent car battery issue, I probably would not have any a problem with it.

I had a car battery less then a year old, by the date on the battery, Made in Nov 09 and the returns lady would not take it back because I didn't have my receipt. and there wasn't a manager I could talk with above her that Sunday evening.

I went home, could not find the receipt, looked up my credit card bill on line and new I had made a wal mart purchase for the right amount in Early Nov 09, i went back on another day(a few weeks later) ready to argue my point and demand the main manger by name. If they gave me any trouble, I was going to point to the 3 year warranty on the battery sticker that says bring to wal mart and free testing at all wal marts. The lady (different lady) ask me ask me how I had paid for it, I told them with a credit card, they told me to go get another and they looked it up by the Serial number and I walked out with a new battery.

BTW, the battery had a DEAD cell and would not take charge. I sucked up my pride and had advance auto test it for me, I also have my own batter charger I had triec. It had me so mad at walmart between the first and second visit had they made a mistake in my favor I would have been all over it up to the price of the battery and not felt any grief, as they should have done me right the first time I went in. I am still off by it and most likely won't buy another battery from them again.

I generally tend to avoid Walmart for vehicle service. I was checking out in a local Walmart about 4 or 5 years ago and heard the following conversation between the young man checking me out and the manager:

Manager: "Hey, when you finish checking these folks out, I need you to run back there to automotive. There's a customer that needs new tires put on their car and [forget the emplyee's name] called in sick."

Cashier: "I don't know how to put tires on a car. I can barely check my own car's oil level."

Manager: "It'll be okay. You'll figure it out."

;)

I don't use walmart for the work, I normally just by the batteries there as they are much cheaper, I know get what you pay for, with a 3 year warranty. In years past they always just go by the date on the battery. Once I traded batteries right as they died though warranties. Battery 1, died before warranty, traded it for battery 2, got a couple more years it died, battery 3 , so , but aht wasn't the case here.