Thank You Sportsman Channel, I won!!

A week ago I got a confirmation email from The Sportsman Channel that I am a Grand Prize Finalist. I was skeptical, but I distinctly remembered entering the "Be A Handguns HotShot" contest (The Sportsman Channel | Enter to Win to be a Handguns Hotshot!).

I looked up their site, verified that the email was actually coming from their Director of Communications. I had to give them my middle name and DOB for a background check. Apparently they don't wanna trust just any idiot to shoot with.

I've been pretty excited all week, but tried not to get worked up, in case there was a catch or something. Well, today I got word that I was officially 1 of the 6 winners.

I got an all expenses paid trip to a training class put on by Aaron Roberts, host of The Sporting Channel's show, "Handguns." If you click the link above, it tells the other goodies that are included too.

It's pretty cool to me, b/c my son & I watch the show every week. Plus, I never win anything. I have always wanted to take a training class and now I get to do it for free!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats, very cool. I am sure it will be near a trip of a lifetime.

Wear a shirt that says " I heart Mike.357" :up:

In the last 15 years I've only spent 2 nights away from home and that was work related. I'm pretty excited that my trip is for a fun training class this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The class starts tomorrow, so I got to our hotel a day early to get settled in. On my way out for supper, I ran into Aaron Roberts in the elevator and introduced myself. He called my room later and invited me to his room to talk about the class.

Wow, he is an impressive person. I learned a LOT in that hour alone, so I can only imagine how much I'll get out of the class. I cannot wait!

Sounds like things are off to a great start. I hope this experience will be a positive and lasting memory for you.

Don't travel much? Just remember: (1) wear flip flops in the shower; (2) don't lay on the bedspread or decorative pillows; (3) don't drink coffee from the pot in your room; (4) and wash your hands after touching the TV remote control :D

Sounds like things are off to a great start. I hope this experience will be a positive and lasting memory for you.

Don't travel much? Just remember: (1) wear flip flops in the shower; (2) don't lay on the bedspread or decorative pillows; (3) don't drink coffee from the pot in your room; (4) and wash your hands after touching the TV remote control :D

you forgot one:

5) don't let the bed bugs bite.