New to handguns

I'm fairly new to TN, coming up on two years in the Knoxville area. Moved here after grad school. Just bought my first handgun, S&W 642 .38 Special about a month ago, also bought the girlfriend the same but with the pink grips she just had to have. I have totally caught the bug too, my list of "next gun" is a mile long now. I have learned a ton from this forum!!! Put almost 300 rounds through the little workhorse already. I have already taken a CCW class, last Saturday, and I'm applying for my permit this afternoon.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TGO!

300 rounds out of a snubbie? You're a real man! But you have chosen a worthy, reliable, sufficient weapon. That's a great gun.

Take care.

Oh, and lose that Notre Lame avatar. Don't make me smack you.:)

...still have to love 'em even when they suck. :D

You're telling me, a die-hard Vanderbilt fan?:D

I could teach a college-accredited class on Loyalty in the Midst of Perpetual Suck Infinity

Go Commode-Dores!

Try being a Cowboys fan too lol

Worse here even...Redskins fan.

Of course, we beat your boys, so my year is complete! The rest is just gravy!

Back on topic...great choice on the 642!

Thank everybody I have really enjoyed the gun so far. Looking to add to the collection in the near future... Ruger LCP, Ruger Sp101 .357 (3 in barrel), Kahr PM9 and Glock 26. Not all at one time, but over the next year or so.

Thank everybody I have really enjoyed the gun so far. Looking to add to the collection in the near future... Ruger LCP, Ruger Sp101 .357 (3 in barrel), Kahr PM9 and Glock 26. Not all at one time, but over the next year or so.

You're on the right track, man. I've owned all of those but the 26.

All great choices. Add a Glock 19 for good measure and you'll rule the world!

Welcome to the forum fellow Knox couty resident.

Unlike some others here, I can live with the ND Irish thingee but will not tolerate Gators! :D

So you're OK in my book!

Again Welcome and er... um... " air in yer bra" or something lrishee like that. :cool:

LOL

GO VOLS!