It's about time for another Mexican-American war isn't it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TGO David,

Sometimes you and I are on the same page.

We have to many sheep. I think we need to take a bigger slice of Mexico next time. We need more Beach Front Property

After fully reading that. It is time to take that entire lake. That is one way to get the Pirates off of it.

Once it is Legal, it will kill the import market.

Well, once it is legal, and they try to import non taxed drugs the feds will be more pissed then ever and really crack down on the illegal imported drugs. Then the probably really will be solved.

I am afraid that it wont happen, at least not soon. We have become a nation of weaklings with our leaders way too concerned about being popular and politically correct, and too unconcerned about doing the right thing. Whether it be the supposed war on terror that has pretty much ceased to exist or protecting our citizens and our borders, they just won't engage. Sooner or later, the tide of immigrants, both legal and illegal (and their offspring) will be such that they will be able to dominate our political scene even more than they do now. The people who maintain that Islam is a peaceful religion, and that illegal immigrants only want to do the jobs that Americans won't do, and turn a blind eye to the lawlessness spilling across our southern border, are the TRUE enemy of America. Things arent likely to change as long as we tolerate them.

Guest Halfpint
FOXNews.com - 911 Tape Released in Mexican Pirate Attack on U.S. Couple

This stuff is getting old. Their government is almost as corrupt as our own [see what I just did there?] so I don't put much faith in the idea that the US will ever cough up the balls to actually do anything about it.

Hmm... it wouldn't be the first time the military got to play in Central/South America. The Corps even has a book, the Small Wars Manual, written the last time all this went on (google "Banana Wars"). Personally, I think this is what the Marine Reserve and Army National Guard should be used for -- I'd much rather deploy to Mexico or Colombia than Afghanistan. At least in Central/South America, the majority of those who hate us DON'T hate us for the simple fact that we're Christians, capitalists, a democracy instead of a theocracy, or just Americans.

Guest db99wj
Hmm... it wouldn't be the first time the military got to play in Central/South America. The Corps even has a book, the Small Wars Manual, written the last time all this went on (google "Banana Wars"). Personally, I think this is what the Marine Reserve and Army National Guard should be used for -- I'd much rather deploy to Mexico or Colombia than Afghanistan. At least in Central/South America, the majority of those who hate us DON'T hate us for the simple fact that we're Christians, capitalists, a democracy instead of a theocracy, or just Americans.

I agree, we need to concentrate on our own border wars.

In a side note, I had that thought did the wife off her hubby and blame it on pirates, well evidently law enforcement was also thinking this, but I heard the story line, not the story, that a witness has made a statement that proves that pirates did in fact kill him.

Guest 6.8 AR
I am afraid that it wont happen, at least not soon. We have become a nation of weaklings with our leaders way too concerned about being popular and politically correct, and too unconcerned about doing the right thing. Whether it be the supposed war on terror that has pretty much ceased to exist or protecting our citizens and our borders, they just won't engage. Sooner or later, the tide of immigrants, both legal and illegal (and their offspring) will be such that they will be able to dominate our political scene even more than they do now. The people who maintain that Islam is a peaceful religion, and that illegal immigrants only want to do the jobs that Americans won't do, and turn a blind eye to the lawlessness spilling across our southern border, are the TRUE enemy of America. Things arent likely to change as long as we tolerate them.

Well said!

Guest db99wj
I agree, we need to concentrate on our own border wars.

In a side note, I had that thought did the wife off her hubby and blame it on pirates, well evidently law enforcement was also thinking this, but I heard the story line, not the story, that a witness has made a statement that proves that pirates did in fact kill him.

Hard to find any info on a witness but I did find this:

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr, in Texas, said: "There is no doubt in my mind that Tiffany is saying the truth." He also said there was a witness who saw Mrs Hartley being chased by men in a boat.

Wife-of-man-killed-by-Mexican-pirates-defends-her-story.htmlhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/mexico/8047515/Wife-of-man-killed-by-Mexican-pirates-defends-her-story.html

Guest db99wj
How far is it from shore to shore?

Depends. Go to bing maps or other and look up Falcon Reservoir and you will see. It is south of Laredo TX. Zapata is where she hit shore and called for help which is the north part of the lake. She said they were about 6 miles from the Texas shore when he was shot.