What's your favorite movie/TV quote or catch phrase?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many good writters, TV shows and movies out there it is hard to pick and narrow down.

Like many things I have trouble picking a favorite. He is a godo one from the last episode of the TV show Jericho. With out the entire scene it might not mean as much but anyone that watched it should enjoy it.

TV show Jericho

unnamed pilot from Texas 'Cause I think I just declared war on Cheyenne"

Guest buttonhook

+100000000000

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I use this ALL the time in general conv. I just replace "mr. madision" with mr./mrs. whatever it is

Edited by buttonhook
Guest coldblackwind

"Man, you've got balls that clank!" -Beyond the law

"Don't let me smell fear on you, fear is for the enemy. Fear, and bullets. Lots of f$&?@#g bullets." -Death Sentence

"Now if I'm not back in an hour, I want you to take my ship...and come rescue me" -Serenity

"I pity the fool!" -The A-team

Young Frankenstein

Dr. Frankenstein: "Igor, help me with the bags"

Igor: "Sure doctor, you get the blonde and I'll get the one in the turbin"

Dr Frankenstein: "Didn't that hump used to be over there"

Igor: "What hump?"

Major Payne

Major: "Hello Betty!"

Major to young boy: "You want me to tell you about the little engine that could?" "TOOT, TOOT"

Dr. Sam Loomis: I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*.

Guest Revelator

The Godfather Part 1

If Clemenza finds a way to plant that gun I'll kill them both. It's nothing personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

The Godfather Part 2

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

Bull Durham:

And don't try and strike everybody out. Strikeouts are fascist. Throw some ground balls, it's more democratic.

Heat

Nate: What happened out there?

Neil: Don't ask.

More Heat

Chris: I think Charlene's gonna leave me.

Neil: Why?

Chris: Not enough steaks in the freezer.

And again...

Chris: The bank is worth the stretch. We should take it down.

Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Hudson: F**kin’ A..!

Aliens

Bluto: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Otter: "Germans?"

Boon: "Forget it. He's rolling."

Animal House

Edited by JPS
  • Moderators
Here's a good one from the movie The Town.

"I need your help. I can't tell you what it is and you can't ask me about it later, but we're gonna hurt some people."

"Whose car we takin?"

I loved this line in an outsanding movie.

• Moderators

Oh, and to stay on topic.

From "The Sandlot"

Ham Porter: Hey, you want a s'more?

Smalls: Some more of what?

Ham Porter: No, do you want a s'more?

Smalls: I haven't had anything yet... so how can I have some more of nothing?

Ham Porter: You're killing me, Smalls! These are s'mores stuff. Okay, pay attention. First you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. Then, you roast the mallow. When the mallow's flaming, you stick it on the chocolate. Then you cover it with the other end. Then, you stuff it.