IWB leather holsters

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

I know, they are like potato chips, you can't have just one, with that being said and and new to carry, what are the most comfy holsters iwb out there? I am asking for open and honest opinions, being that you all have helped me out so much already!

Thanks all!

Hope everyone came out ok with the storm! God Bless

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossbreed is by far the most comfortable IWB holster. Not a lot of bling bling. It works and works very well. I have tried many other popular brands - trust me, the supertuck is the bomb for IWB. Crossbreed will even give you a trial period. The MTAC is a close 2nd - but I never change out the bodies on the MTAC - which was the only reason I purchased it.

Bullard Dual Carry is great but I wanted one with standard leather belt loops, ordered a TT Gunleather and forgot about it for six months, love it.

tt1.jpg

Note that TT (Tim Thurner) also sells some that are available immediately under the Occidental Leather brand; his design but made by some one else, but they look like same quality.

- OS

My favorite are by AKJ Concealco.

AJKC.jpg

I've been attracted to those, they look really comfy and effective. Not a bad turn around either.

Note that they sell a more pedestrian model with no sweat shield area both from their site and also on eBay under the moniker of "greatponies", where it's $20 or so cheaper.

- OS

Guest nashvegas

I got one of my VMII's on the Sig forum, and another by doing a google search for "WTS Milt Sparks"... found a listing from a little local rag in Phoenix. A Federal agent had ordered one for a P226, and during the wait ended up trading his 226, so I ended up buying it for $100.

Elite Deal Seeker is a great search tool... searches firearm forums:

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?searchword=Milt+Sparks&category=gunstuff&ageupperlimit=28&function=Search

I've been attracted to those, they look really comfy and effective. Not a bad turn around either.

Note that they sell a more pedestrian model with no sweat shield area both from their site and also on eBay under the moniker of "greatponies", where it's $20 or so cheaper.

- OS

I"m pleased with mine for my J frame, although I can't say I've worn it alot just because I use a kramer pocket holster

I don't own a full leather iwb, but if you like the idea of the hybrid holsters, I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the options between the Comp-Tac MTAC, Spartan, or Crossbreed Supertuck, or Tucker's The Answer. I have the Comp-Tac Spartan, their MTAC, and Tucker's The Answer. So far, there is no comparison in comfort to The Answer. It is by far the most comfortable IWB I have come across to date. It is a little pricey, but it is worth it IMO.

If your into custom leather, it's really hard to beat Milt Sparks, Del Fatti, 5 Shot Leather or Tucker Gunleather. But, wait times are insane. I've been waiting for my 5 Shot Leather since March. Got a call a few weeks ago that it was going to ship the next week, ....but apparently it's still in queue. Placed an order with Sparks a while back and decided to forget about it. When it shows up it'll be a surprise. TT Gunleather and Bullard also have their following, but not as large of a following as Sparks. I'd say they have great stuff, but a bit lower on the "perfection" scale compared to the big 3 I listed. That's my opinion. Your mileage may vary. They all seem to have their own style as you will see from their websites.

Edited by tt0511
added info
Guest buttonhook

crossbreed......but not full leather. too bad the op is not left handed....:) that new PPS would look good in the crossbreed

Edited by buttonhook

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and love it. I have a Kholster and like it as well, though the Kholster is more cheaply made and therefore priced more cheaply, as well. I have a High Noon Split Decision and closing argument which are excellent, as well.

The one I wear the most lately though is the Galco SkyOps for my Sig 226 because it removes so easily. I go in and out of places (Courts) where guns aren't allowed and the Skyops is comfortable but easy to put on and take off.

Experimentation in the only thing that can tell you what works best for you.