New Sig P290

JeffsSig

Sig has a new small 9mm that will be out soon (within the next year)

P290-detail-hero.jpg

Caliber 9mm Action Type DAO Trigger Pull DAO N/A Overall Length 5.5 in Overall Height 3.9 in Overall Width 0.9 (1.1 in with slide catch lever) Barrel Length 2.9 in Sight Radius 4.3 in Weight w/Mag 20.5 oz Mag Capacity 6 - 8 Rounds Sights SIGLITE® or Contrast Sights Frame Material Black Polymer w/removable plates Frame Finish Black polymer Slide Finish Nitron® or natural stainless Accessory Rail Built-in for optional laser CA Compliant No MA Compliant No

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a slightly beefed up 9mm P238 type. But I can see how this might be really attractive to a Sig fan currently toting a P239. Of course I also hope for a Glock to make a 9mm single stack & a 5 inch barreled 45ACP single stack... The more pistols available the better:)

Guest Sgt. Joe
I'm excited about this as well. Will probably be out of my price range but ya never know.

Nope seems very reasonable:)

Take this with a grain of salt, but a guy on another board said MSRP is 530 for Nitron and 550 for the two tone.

Heres the link......SIG SAUER® P290

"MSRP: P290 Nitron, 9mm, SIGLITE NS, 6-rd. mag. $530.00

P290 Two-Tone, 9mm, SIGLITE NS, 6-rd. mag. $550.00"

No mention of integrated laser though. But since my store never sells for MSRP this thing could well be very affordable.

Nice looking pistol. Hope its Walther PPS size.

Nope....1/2" longer than the 238 and the same height, a mighty small 9:)

This thing has got my interest peaked too, super small but a couple more and bigger rounds than the 238 and made in America to boot.:D

I simply can not keep up, everytime I think I am good for awhile they make something else with my name on it, first Ruger and the SR40 and now this.;)

Since it also has slip on grip panels I think the Stainless with some wood inserts will be my choice. Stainless and wood is a disease I have. I would think that Sig spent a great deal of time designing this thing and that it will be well recieved. After all it is a SIG:D

Was going to start a new thread until I noticed someone already brought this up. I will remove some items and just post what I was going to say here instead.

Originally saw a thread started on sigforum about a member that saw it at a trade show, looks like they have it on their site officially now. Here is some info gathered both from sig's site, speculation, and the forum member that was at the trade show.

-hammer fired dao

-trigger pull has not been confirmed but the sig reps at the show were alluding to some sort of fancy mechanism to lighten it so more of a dak style pull

-current model 9mm only, not confirmed of any other calibers in future

-capacity 6-8, so probably 6+1 for flush magazine and 8+1 for extended mag (9 shots of 9mm not bad imo for single stack pocket pistol)

-interchangeable grip plates, in future these can be customizable from factory (for a fee of course)

-micro laser option from factory (if you find the thread on sigforum you can see a 290 with this mounted and imo is very ugly - mounts in front of the triggerguard and very blocky looking, may have better aftermarket options further down the road)

I think someone found a different article that was like a sig press release that quoted msrp around 500-550, so obvious some shopping online or at various gun stores probably looking at actual price in the $400 range. If this gun is built right I have a feeling they will be selling like hot cakes - I have been looking at getting a pocket pistol but didn't really want a .380 if I could avoid it and didn't want to pay the hefty amount for a good kahr which is still striker fired. I am probably going to start putting some money aside and let these get out in the market & see what people think before buying one.

My absolute dream carry gun would be slightly larger than the typical pocket pistol, (kahr cw9 size maybe?) da/sa, single stack with 9mm/40/45/357sig options, decocker at a bare minimum & a manual safety if it could be integrated properly, but I think this sig is as close as I will get anytime soon.