Sarah Palin's Alaska

DaveTN

• Admin Team

As Oscar Wilde said, "She's the kind of thing you like if you like that kind of thing."

Personally, I can't wait for her to exit the national stage. I think that she is a fine person, and probably would have been a great govenor of Alaska had she stuck around. However, I think she is terribly damaging to the overall national dialogue, and is the polar opposite of what we need in a Commander-in-Chief.

The biggest problem that confronts our national politic right now, is a liberal agenda being allowed to proceed intellectually unchecked. The current administration is getting away with proposing and implementing policies that were not just doomed from the start, but have been proven wrong multiple times in the past. I mean, seriously...should there really be any debate over Keynesian monetary policy. There is loads of data proving that Government spending can't grow an economy historically, and simply going out with a lot more money isn't going to make it work this time. Keynes vs. Hayek was decided decades ago. You can debate whether or not Hayek was right, but the last 6 decades of data proves that Keynes was certainly wrong.

The GOP's biggest problem is that they can't seem to produce anyone to offer an honest intellectual counter to Obama's policies. And, this will eventually hurt if not destroy the GOP. Sure, they have a majority in the House at this point, and a much smaller disadvantage in the Senate. But, if they are going to hold onto that, they have to win the trust of the American public. Opposition to the administration is a start, but it isn't a solutioin. At some point, they have to offer viable alternatives.

My problem with Govenor Palin is that I don't believe she is capable of this level of dialogue on her own, and I haven't seen her surrounding herself with people who can proffer these kind of solutions. She seems to be riding her celebrity status to further her ambition right now, but she will doom the GOP's chances at the Oval Office if they are stupid enough to run with her.

--Note, that the above comment considers the GOP inside a political vacuum if you will, and does not take into account the innate ability of the DNC to screw up any good thing they have going.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest malbolja
Going to be honest here, Sarah Palin is a joke. She'd be nowhere if it hadn't been for John McCain

I'm not a Palin fanboy but I see it the exact opposite: McCain is a joke and would have lost by a massive landslide if he hadn't chosen Palin for his VP. I hope we can come up with a stronger candidate for POTUS in '12, but if she gets the nod, I'll vote for her - and I did not and would not ever vote for McCain.

You're damned right I'd love to see her as President. I'm only sorry I missed her show.

There will always be those who say someone can't win this or that race, but so far,

Mrs. Palin has been very successful in politics. I doubt she is worried whether she can

win or not. I think she is more focused on achieving other goals, at the moment.

Just by some of the comments on here tells me she is succeeding.

Succeeding at what? She certainly gets everybody's attention (so did baloon boy). She is certainly making herself rich. She certainly inspires someone that's as far to the right as you. We can even ignore the fact that she ain't smart enough. She simply has too much baggage. Negatives win elections these days, and palin would be a gift the the Dems. A significant number of the republican leaders know it. They don't even have to dig into her past.

The left just HATES successful, conservative women, which is proven by the non-stop personal attacks on Palin. They can't debate her on the issues, so they go for the personal insult every time.

I'm not really the left, but can't they find a conservative woman that ain't Betty Boop? She quit her job as Governor.

I don’t think the Republicans will run Palin and I don’t think the intent of this show was to help her do that.

The Republicans have a win next election if they have someone to decent to run. I don’t think that person should be Palin, but I think her standing on stage and giving her support to whoever does run will be worth a lot of votes.

That Bear fight was great.;)

I don’t think the Republicans will run Palin and I don’t think the intent of this show was to help her do that.

The Republicans have a win next election if they have someone to decent to run. I don’t think that person should be Palin, but I think her standing on stage and giving her support to whoever does run will be worth a lot of votes.

That Bear fight was great.;)

She has already been worth a lot of votes, and I expect it to continue. If there one thing the Republicans excell at, it's unity. I don't see how the 'going rogue" thing is gonna fly with them.

I wanted to like Palin. I really did. Then, she opened her mouth........

She certainly does know how to cater to her "constituents".

Please expand. I must have missed

something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Succeeding at what? She certainly gets everybody's attention (so did baloon boy). She is certainly making herself rich. She certainly inspires someone that's as far to the right as you. We can even ignore the fact that she ain't smart enough. She simply has too much baggage. Negatives win elections these days, and palin would be a gift the the Dems. A significant number of the republican leaders know it. They don't even have to dig into her past.

I imagine her baggage is American

Tourister, Mike. I agree with you

that she would be a gift to the Dems.

So, why are they scared to death of

her? I think she would beat Hillary

hands down. As to whether she is

smart enough, you should be a bit

more specific as to her intelligence.

She would do as well or better than

most modern day presidents. It's

amazing you think she can be

beautiful without being intelligent.

The Alaskan governorship situation

is only a problem to those who don't

wish to accept her explanation and

how it would cost Alaska for purely

political reasons. I think she took

the ethical high road. And I don't

really care what Rove thinks of her,

either.

And yes, I may be to the RIGHT side

of the political spectrum, but the

other side is the WRONG side.

The Alaskan governorship situation

is only a problem to those who don't

wish to accept her explanation and

how it would cost Alaska for purely

political reasons. I think she took

the ethical high road. And I don't

really care what Rove thinks of her,

either.

100% agree :D

It was good. The fishing, bears and landscapes were nice. I think I'd want to go hunting up there.

Alaska is a beautiful state. She was ok. I don't know who wrote the script but it wasn't what I expected.

She does have bigger cyunes than McCain. :D

I like Palin, although as other have said she just does not "look" presidential to me. (Whatever that means)

In fact the only person I saw the last election who looked presidential to me was Fred Thompson. I only wish he had really ran instead of his halfhearted attempt.

Guest Guy N. Cognito
Maybe the"cartoon network" crowd

doesn't like her, but I doubt that

really matters :D

You're right......they're smarter than her typical fan. ;)

Maybe the"cartoon network" crowd

doesn't like her, but I doubt that

really matters ;)

You're comparing the Cartoon network crowd to the freaks of nature network crowd?

?m=02&d=20090930&t=2&i=11776123&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2009-09-30T103520Z_01_BTRE58S1FK600_RTROPTP_0_US-KATE

dugi.jpg

Need I say more?

Edited by strickj
Guest Guy N. Cognito
Please expand. I must have missed

something.

Even with the best handlers the republican party could muster, she wad incapable of speaking intelligently. She stumbled on the simplest of questions. She's as elegant as a factory worker in a $10,000 suit. She's worse than Obama: all talking points and rhetoric without the public speaking skills to sell it to anyone but an extremist voter.

Other than that, she's great.

My prediction: she will make a run in 2012, drop out early and start her own Glen Beck type show. She should do very well in that environment.