What position do you all find it most comfortable with a IWB holster?

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

So with all of the experience out there, what position 12 O'clock all the way around is the most comfortable for you? Especially if you know you are going to do some driving?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3:00-4:00... CompTac Minotaur MTac, USP compact.

On very long drives, like to Florida... I sometimes use my old fobus paddle holster. Mainly becuase for a paddle it's easy to get on and off and if it starts to bug me I can attach it to my driver's side door down low by the cup holder (Expedition). Where you keep maps and crap. It just happens to fit there really well by luck.

It depends on which gun I'm carrying but usually around 4:00. I have one holster for my FS M&P that is designed for 4:00-5:00 range which conceals better but is not as comfortable while driving.

If I know I'm going to be driving or sitting a bunch I will wear my 642 on my ankle.

None.

Just to throw it out for your consideration, there are those of us who have discovered that we really can't comfortably carry IWB in any position. Honestly, even my NAA mini bugs the crap out of me in an IWB holster. I mention that only because if you can't seem to find a comfortable position you may have to consider that, for you, there isn't one. I think that most folks probably can carry IWB comfortably or at least get used to it enough to tolerate it. My mom and wife both actually prefer IWB to OWB but not me. Luckily for me, I can conceal pretty well carrying OWB.

I carry cross-draw when driving, use a 3-slot owb holster, that way I can also use it at 4 o'clock too. Never iwb, that's for them swivel- hipped young fellers.

Guest Tn.Mitch
I carry at the 4 o'clock position where the barrel can tuck into the hollow of my butt cheek. I carry my handguns in my own IWB holsters that I make so I can adjust the cant to what I like best.

Bet that keeps the barrel from rustin" :(

CTAC, XD40 at 3:00. Sometimes I will move it up to around 2:00-2:30 so that it is more easily accessible (so that is out of the way of the seat-belt) when I'm working in less than ideal locations. I go on property inspections in some shady areas. There are a few areas that I carry it in my lap.....just kidding....sort of! At 3:00 I can carry all day long without any issue, and to me, it is very comfortable. I don't even realize it is there most of the time.

J frame revolver in the pocket is the most comfortable that I have found. But limited on number of shots.

when I carry a semi-auto MTAC at 4 is what I like best on IWB. And a klydex holster OWB at 4 o'clock.