Show this weekend @ Expo Center

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely Saturday. I want to go mill about in front of 70below's table, block the crowds and keep them from seeing what he has. :D

70below is going to have a table?

I am wanting to mill about and drool over some 1911's(among other things i'm sure).... :D

Most likely Saturday. I want to go mill about in front of 70below's table, block the crowds and keep them from seeing what he has. :D

Yeah, me too, plus his squeeze is gonna be there, sounds like it's down to the wire to talk them out of something too serious. :D

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84

honestly, I stay away from chilhowee park because I'm just not too fond of the area surrounding it.

Expo is more easier to get there for me. But I've been to a gun show at the Chilhowee, it just depends on what weekend you go, sometimes its big turn out, sometimes its not. Its a hit or miss, same with the Expo too.

Id think the Expo would be a big hit because of the holidays....

its got better lighting than the zoo. easer to set up and take down.the security sucks their shirts say kcso but thats not knox county sherifs office it is knox county saftey officer a private security company .the next one that tells me he is going to arrest me better do it . if we would all report them to the state dept of commerce and insurance they would lose there license . as a vender at gunshows all over the south and ok and tx those are the inept at their jobs as well as having such contempt of others rights.just my 2 cents worth if you come in come on over say hello

I swore I would not go to another show for a long time because they are becoming all the same but I may hit this one. I am looking for some Wolf primers, SRM and LP.

As far as the security they are still going to be stealing from people as always. Walk in with a loaded mag if you don't believe me, they will empty your mag in front of you then laugh as they point at the signs. What they don't realize is that they are breaking the law. When this happened to me earlier this year I spoke to LE, detectives and all said the security were stealing. Because they are security they are working on behalf of the property owner, a private party. There is no sign in the world that allows one private party to steal another private party's property. At some point someone is going to sue the Expo Center, their security as well as RK Shows over this.

It is going to be the same, the old security guy is going to be walking around outside threatening to take people to jail for selling their guns outside. He is going to be grabbing people and muscling them around. He is able to get away with it because people, including me, don't call him on it. And honestly if something happened to me legally I would probably loose my clearances. It is those clearances that will let me work if I ever get well enough to go back to work. Even an arrest without a conviction could cost them and I am just not willing to stand my ground on it, at least not now.

Dolomite

...As far as the security they are still going to be stealing from people as always....
....the security sucks their shirts say kcso but thats not knox county sherifs office it is knox county saftey officer a private security company ....

What's up with that? I thought you found they really were from the county sheriff's office? Or retired auxiliary or some damn thing?

- OS

Sheriff's officer or not, they can't seize property without due process. It doesn't matter if it is a 15 cent round or a 15 thousand dollar car. There are rules that must be followed. To me running around threatening to have people arrested when they are doing nothing against the law is a form of intimidation.

I think what needs to happen is if they are still up to their same antics is we ALL call the show promoter, the Expo Center as well as the state and complain. Enough people complain about it often enough and something is bound to change.

Dolomite

Guest RevScottie

The problem is you have to have something specific to complain about. If you have actually had one on one problems with the security staff by all means contact the show promoter. If we ALL call and they ask us what problem we had my answer would have to be I really didn't have a problem but these guys on the internet said...

I have contacted the show promoter. He made sure what was taken from me was replaced and I thanked him for it but the ammo that was taken from me is a drop in the bucket. He has also said that after every Expo show he gets a lot of calls complaining about the security there. I suspect that the sales at the Expo Center have gone down since they quite using KCSO deputies a few years ago. It would hard to tell because of the recession but I have spoke to several strangers at the show and they have said it will be there last out there. I like the Expo Center, the light is a lot better than Chilhowee but honestly if I do go this weekend it will be the last on the current contract.

If you want to see what I am talking about first hand do one of two things. Either enter with ammunition, whether loose or in magazine, or stand outside with a gun in hand like you are selling it. Either of these actions will get you some attention and then threats from the security if you quesiton them. They have grabbed people for nothing more than trying to talk to them. They make sure to treat the customers with no respect yet if you don't give them the upmost respect they make sure to threaten or actually grab you like some little kid. It doesn't even have to be physical to be assault.

TCA

39-13-101. Assault. —

(a) A person commits assault who:

(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;

(2) Intentionally or knowingly causes another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury; or

(3) Intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another and a reasonable person would regard the contact as extremely offensive or provocative.

Using this criteria the white haired guy has assaulted quite a few people not including the times he has actaully grabbed customers.

Dolomite

the problem as i see is thst they, being the security co officers are impresnating police officers by stating they are deputys

Are you sure they are not?

I can find no type listing for anything similar to KCSO as far a Security/Guard service, "Knox County Safety ... " whatever...

What is the actual name of the security guard company that you say they are?

- OS

its got better lighting than the zoo. easer to set up and take down.the security sucks their shirts say kcso but thats not knox county sherifs office it is knox county saftey officer a private security company .the next one that tells me he is going to arrest me better do it . if we would all report them to the state dept of commerce and insurance they would lose there license . as a vender at gunshows all over the south and ok and tx those are the inept at their jobs as well as having such contempt of others rights.just my 2 cents worth if you come in come on over say hello

David, tell us how you really feel........