Guest Big-A

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC57 mentions the Bersa Thunder. I came close to buying one. It's a very nice gun and a great value (saw it in Cookeville for $259), but after comparing it for size with the Taurus 709 9mm, they are almost identical in size. The 709 may be a little thinner. The 709 is more expensive, but with the same 7+1 capacity, the more powerful/cheaper/easier to find 9mm ammo, I've decided to save my pennies a bit longer and get a 709. Still would like a Bersa Thunder some day!

If you are going to buy a 380 go with the keltec and spend the extra money on ammo. I've handled all the ones you mentioned and liked the Taurus least. After comparing Ruger and Keltec I saw no reason to buy a copy of the original just because it said Ruger. I've now shot close to a thousand rounds through the Keltec with no problems.

When I bought my TCP at a Knoxville gun show about 3 months ago, the best price I found on a KelTec was $239. I found my TCP for $269. I think I saw them last weekend for $259. Considering you get an extra magazine with the TCP and a belt pouch, I think it makes them comparable in price. But, the bottom line is to pick them up, look at the fit/finish, see which feels best in your hand, and make your decision based on that. I don't think you can go wrong with TCP, LCP, or KelTec. (Don't you think if KelTec called it a "KCP" it would have made it easier to discuss... or incredibly confusing?!)

I'd go SigP238 if affodable, then Rgr LCP or Kel-tec. Haven't heard great thing about the Diamondback. Haven't heard much of anything on the Taurus.

FWIW - I carry a Kel-tec P3AT and a Taurus PT709 (9mm). I LOVE my kel-tec because it is SO easy to carry with any clothing. However, the PT709 is even more comfortable to wear on the hip - just rides better on me anyway, and almost as easy to carry an other way. Both are great guns and carry very well. CrimsonTace is making lasers for both guns as well.

Thanks everyone im narrowing it down to a Taurus or LCP. The trigger felt really good on the taurus and the lcp has a lil better finish than the kel tec and the slide locks back. Taurus has a life time warranty and i cant afford a sig. Do you get to put more than 1 bullet in your firearm ccw710 ?

I have the p238 and the dimondback. I love both. I really like the db for carrying in my back pocket more than the sig.

The db I've only put a few hundred rounds through. As long as you use good ammo you shouldn't have a problem. Although mine does not like the spree gold dots. Doesn't cycle well with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guest mustangdave

Have a Kel-tec P3A-T and a Bersa 380CC. both are the wifes...the Bersa was her initial primary gun. I got her the Kel-tec last christmas...she was wanting "smaller". Both are good at what they're designed to do. Me personally I'd love to have the Sig 238.

Thanks everyone im narrowing it down to a Taurus or LCP. The trigger felt really good on the taurus and the lcp has a lil better finish than the kel tec and the slide locks back. Taurus has a life time warranty and i cant afford a sig. Do you get to put more than 1 bullet in your firearm ccw710 ?

The kel tec also has lifetime warrenty. If you don't abuse the gun, they have been known to rebuild one from the ground up (give you a new gun, effectively). Very very good service.

If taurus has a lifetime and the trigger felt good to you, go with it. The LCP, if I remember it rigt, just has a 1 year (?).

If you were asking (it didnt make sense) the sig holds 6+1 and stays open so you can do a rapid mag swap, release, ready to fire.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Why has no one said a thing about the walther PK380, That's what's I was thinking of get myself for Christmas

I did at least mention it in passing. I had a First Edition that I ended up trading away for the simple reason that I was being offered more than I paid for it and I was really wanting the Limited Edition Sig that I got. I have every intention of getting another one in the future.

But they are a bit bigger than most of the others that folks seem to like for pocket guns. I think you would do just fine in buying one for your own Christmas present. I really enjoyed the bit bigger size when shooting mine at the range, it seemed to fit my hands very well and it was a lot of fun to shoot that gun and it was very accurate.

The biggest plus I saw in it was the 8 round mag when most 380's are only 6. The biggest negative was that they require a little tool to break it down for cleaning, that however is not much of a negative so long as one keeps the tool with their cleaning supplies.

I am really hoping that they start to make them in some of the many finishes that are available for the P22. But the last I checked it was still either stainless over black or black over black, I would love to have an OD, dark earth or Camo pattern on one of them.

I WILL have another at some point though. They are still very light weight but I just found the frame size to be a bit much for me to carry in a pocket, I know some folks do carry them and even bigger guns as a pocket gun, I just want another one mostly just to shoot at the range, I really did enjoy that thing and had it not been that I really badly wanted the Sig I would still have it. I had to make a move when I had the chance and did not have enough cash to cover what I wanted at the time.