Which are you more afraid of?

Links2k

Whch are you more afraid of? Crack head or Meth head  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Whch are you more afraid of? Crack head or Meth head

• Crack heads are thieves and hustlers
    • Meth heads are violent and scary
    • Both are equally dangerous

I was just wondering which piece of scum makes you more nervous a crackhead or a meth head? I am more suspect of the meth head. From what I have read they (meth addicts) appear to be more violent. My opinion of crackheads is that they are simply hustlers for their smoke.

That being said I feel that the crack dealer trumps them both. Lots of people have lost their lives dealing with these guys.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the two choices offered meth heads.

In actuality I am more concerned with the presciption pill addicts. Violence over pills is all the rage now in East TN.

We recently had a guy over near the U of M kill his relatives with a ax over pills and a debit card.

I vote neither because the chances of encountering either are pretty slim if you pay attention to where you go and choose your friends wisely. Over 90% of crime victims know the offender in some way. As long as you don't run around with drug addicts, don't frequent areas where drug addicts visit, and stay aware of your surroundings, chances are that you will never face one in a criminal event. Regardless, if you do encounter one by happenstance it will be when they are not high and they are looking for a chance to get some cash to pay for their next fix, so the characteristics of the drug high are pretty meaningless. If I had to pick one of the two, I'd say the meth head because they tend to get pretty paranoid after they have been high for an extended period of time so if you do run across one, they may flip out thinking you are the boogy man.

addicts of any kind are dangerous. whether pill head, meth head, or alcoholic, all are equally dangerous in their own rite. Having said that, I would be more concerned about the pill addicts. I know first hand what they will do to obtain their fix and it seems in ET most home invasions are those seeking drugs. The drug store where my elderly parents get their RX's was robbed several weeks ago. perp waited outside for some older person to exit and them robbed them of the drugs. As the economy worsens, (and it will worsen), this will become a much more common event.

I'm more afraid of the latino gangs in Nashville, not from first hand experience...just what I read, and watch, and hear...the black gangs(not a race thing...just an easier way to lump...bloods,crips, and those types) fight amongst themselves for the most part, but the mexicans, are ruthless and dont care. I fear the most the thugs that have to do a right of passage to get in or stay in. I know a couple of meth heads, hell have a recovering one in my (distant)family, I also know a couple of coke heads/potheads that dabble in crack...and I am not afraid of them, though I stay far away and dont socialize with them. The common thug that pulls a robbery or home invasion or carjacking IMO isnt even a junkie but someone that likes cash, is bored, and is showing off to his other bangers.

Given though I carry for a reason, and am not biased...the world is crazy, Their all dangerous.

Edited by Ghooge2008
I vote neither because the chances of encountering either are pretty slim if you pay attention to where you go and choose your friends wisely. Over 90% of crime victims know the offender in some way. As long as you don't run around with drug addicts, don't frequent areas where drug addicts visit, and stay aware of your surroundings, chances are that you will never face one in a criminal event. Regardless, if you do encounter one by happenstance it will be when they are not high and they are looking for a chance to get some cash to pay for their next fix, so the characteristics of the drug high are pretty meaningless. If I had to pick one of the two, I'd say the meth head because they tend to get pretty paranoid after they have been high for an extended period of time so if you do run across one, they may flip out thinking you are the boogy man.

Some folks don't have the luxury of staying away from areas they frequent. I have had several friends robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight around my office over the years. Nobody knew the thugs. Don't know if they were drug addicts, or plain old thugs. Meth heads are probably scarier on a daily basis. But when they run out, and are forced to do something about it, they get a lot closer to equally dangerous. Cocaine withdrawall is pretty ugly.

well I can't believe you went there.........let's hope the ladies of the forum miss that remark!!!

:D I know it.

Are you trying to get me in trouble or instigate something. :)

In all seriousness, I have ran into a few that I would have welcomed a confrontation from a crack or meth-head any day of the week.

Guest Broomhead

Well, I asked this question to my wife. She said Methhead. I said exactly because your Mom is a crackhead. We both laughed because it is was true.

I will give the woman credit though, she has straightened up her life in the past 2 years. I'm talking a 180* turn from how she was. I guess being given 5-10yrs to live, having a 19 year-old son, and 2 young granddaughters, really put things in perspective. She had cut back to getting high to once a month, and is now 3 months clean and proud as hell about it. I am too for that matter.

Guest Lester Weevils

Decades ago when I worked at a substance abuse medical treatment facility, they had a mixed bag of clients from wealthy alcoholics to street alcoholics and wealthy prescription pill poppers to street addicts.

In group therapy, one-upmanship was common. Alcoholics would supply reasons that they were "better" than drug users, and vice-versa. Each side could invent reasons that their drug was classier than other drugs. It had to be pointed out that regardless of the chemical of choice they had all got in the same trouble.

Various addicts shared some personality traits, but some differences. Perhaps for most, the drug was the primary fixation. But some were addicted to the "adventurous street lifestyle". The excitement of fraud, burglary, theft, dealing, or mugging was more addictive than the drugs.

There was violence back then, but not nearly the violence of today. Violence may be more rewarding to some modern street addicts than the drugs?

Back then there was a status hierarchy among street addicts. Successful con-men had the highest status because con-men could talk people into willingly handing over money. Dealers had high status. Below that were burglars, car thieves and shop lifters. Muggers had the lowest status. Nobody wanted to be a mugger. "Mugger" was the equivalent of "unskilled labor" in the street hustler hierarchy.

Wonder if the status hierarchy has changed? I wonder if violent criminals have higher status than in the past?

That said, cocaine and amphetamine probably make people more violence-prone than other drugs. Withdrawal from any drug makes people irritable, but meth and crack heads tend to get irritable even when they are high.

An old experiment on drug-induced psychosis did not use large doses of amphetamine. Test subjects in a controlled hospital setting were given hourly small doses of amphetamine. They were not dosed large enough to "get high." Just a few milligram dose, on the hour, every hour.

Within 1 to 3 days virtually all test subjects developed drug-induced paranoid psychosis on this regimen. A temporary condition which disappears after the subjects get a night's sleep.

Typical abusers do not follow a low-steady-dose regime. Abusers typically take a big dose, ride it out, crash, then repeat. With different usage patterns, perhaps meth psychosis would be extremely common.

A big dose does not cause paranoid psychosis as often, but it happens fairly frequently. Paranoid psychotics can be a hazard regardless whether it is permanent or temporary. If a person genuinely believes people are trying to kill him, then that person will do drastic things to defend himself.

The druggies don't bother me too much... The "addicts" that concern me the most are the "career politicians" who are all strung-out on power.

Damn! That's heavy. I have to agree with you on that, but we must add the people that support them.

Edited by LINKS2K