Trump for President

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Bragger... ;) Anyway, yeah, he was on Savage a couple days before Hannity. He's holding back on a decision because if he announced while the show was running, the equal time deal would mean every other candidate would have to get two hours/week as well. I was really pleased with what he had to say; he just might be the right guy...

If you haven't listened to the interview, it's quite interesting!

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/51457-michael-savage-interviews-donald-trump.html

Who do you like better: Trump or Palin? Must be somebody with more gravitas than those two.

Trump and his running mate should be either Lt. Colonel West or Gov. Jesse Ventura.

Edited by StreetWK05
Trump said in '08 that he has never invested in the stock market, only in brick and mortar.

He has said since that the market makes no sense, is artificially propped up, and advises against anyone sinking money in it.

- OS

It's not a matter of who Trump invests with, it's more a matter of who invests in Trump. BoA, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and many of the other receivers of TARP money. Trump sells his name, and then claims to have no connection with the actual real estate project. If he values his integrity so little, I am not about it to give it any value either.

Trump Rolls Snake Eyes, Investors Leave Empty Handed

Just a little research shows that Trump is justa glitzy con artist. He is out for himself, and has I do not trust him to do what is best for the country.

Just a little research shows that Trump is justa glitzy con artist. He is out for himself, and has I do not trust him to do what is best for the country.
Sounds like presidential material to me. I haven't had any faith that a candidate would put the best interest of the nation ahead of his own interests since Reagan. It seems that the best we could hope for anymore is someone who's own self-interest just coincidentally meshes with the nation's best interests. Edited by USMCJG
Wow... what a group of losers. :) The only decent choice in that lineup is Ron Paul. Don't know why he's listed since he ran under the Constitution Party.

Yeah, I don't think the GOP has any more clue now than they did under 8 years of "oh whatever" under Dubya. Being the Party of No is about as high as it can rise any more.

And no, I don't think it got enough new blood to change it -- that new blood will just be diluted into The Same Ole.

- OS

Romney Wins the New Hampshire straw poll.

Coming in a distant second was Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, with 11 percent. Paul took 8 percent in the 2008 GOP primary.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who is spending the early part of next week in the Granite State, came in third with 8 percent.

In fourth place was ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who has yet to visit the first-in-the-nation-primary state, with 7 percent.

If this is best GOP can do, welcome Barack back for another 4 years.

- OS

Really, BHO for another 4yrs? :D Are you really keeping up with his actions?

There's a lot of new blood in the Republican party but with the media bought and sold to BHO it's hard see the leadership skills and new ideas from the right.

This Straw poll out of NH is more to the right than the left with Paul being a second, Tim Pawlenty and Palin coming in third. Plus you can't ignore Nov.'s sweep of Republican candidates across the nation.

It's too early to tell but some other names to consider and learn about are;

Mike Pence

Michele Bachmann

Eric Cantor

Rick Santorum

Mitch Daniels

Any of these would be a far better leader than BHO, including Romney, IMO. Just depends on which way you lean...

★☞ SelectSmart.com 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SELECTOR: Obama, Clinton, McCain, Bloomberg, Santorum, Perry, Pence, Barbour, Palin, Cantor, Boehner, Pawlenty.

Really, BHO for another 4yrs? :shrug: Are you really keeping up with his actions?..

Romney can't beat him, simple as that.

He couldn't even win the primaries against McCain, the weakest GOP candidate in years, if not ever.

Though no poll will accurately reflect it, I think one reason is the LDS thing. Doesn't compute with other Christian sects, at least in the South.

Don't overestimate the intelligence of the American public either; freedom is still not as big an issue as safety to most of the electorate. What they perceive as safety, anyway.

edit: didn't finish that thought...meant to say, watch as election approaches for a tone of "it's too dangerous to change horses in middle of stream" theme. Because of various crises, perhaps some of them even manufactured!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Weak he is and I'm not saying he's the best choice or that I even like his views. He won the poll but so did Gingrich in the Townhall poll, just saying there's better choices IF the media doesn't pick one for us like they did with McCain.

The only retread that possibly has a chance is Palin and there's so much hate for her it's not worth it but, I would like to see her as Energy Secretary :shrug:.

Still too far out to decide and some haven't even surfaced yet.

I'm just pointing out that there are choices, suggesting folks learn about possible potentials and find someone to support rather than find what they don't like.

Guest mosinon

I'll be surprised (and likely pleased) if anyone can beat Obama. Newt, Palin, Romney and Trump all have the same chance of winning and that is none.

Don't forget, however you may loathe Obama, the fear card has already been played and the predictions didn't come true. The second thing to keep in in mind is that no matter how inept Obama seems at governing he has proven to be a very good campaigner. Campaigning seems to be his forte, he gets everything just right. Not a big fan but, dammit, that guy knows how to campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

Trump at CPAC...

“The United States is becoming a laughing stock of the world,” Trump said. “I deal with people from China. I deal with people from Mexico. They cannot believe what they are getting away with.”

America has become a “whipping post for the world,” he added.

Trump also laid claim to the some cornerstone issues of modern conservatism. “I am pro-life. Against gun control… I will fight to end Obamacare and replace it with something that makes sense to people in business and not bankrupt the country. If I decide to run, I will not be raising taxes. We will be taking in hundreds of billions of dollars from other countries that are screwing us … and we’ll rebuild our country so that we can be proud. Our country will be great again,” he said.

Well, at least he speaks his mind.