Sons of Guns comes on tonight 9pm

vontar

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love these guys. Will has worked on 3 AK's for me and is known in the industry as THE guy for Saiga to AK103/104 conversions. I do know they were working on my gun while they were filming, so I'm hoping to maybe see it on TV! Sweet! :D

Guest 73challenger

I liked the show! Both the suppressed shotgun and the masterkey were real neat. I would have thought a 870 would fit just as well as a saiga. I hope this show brings a better light on NFA items and corrects all the myths the sheeps believe.

I would have thought a 870 would fit just as well as a saiga.

The 870 masterkey has already been done. It was good that they did it with the S12, at least it was semi-original.

The suppressed S12 was awesome, I really didn't see that working out at the beginning.

Overall the show was great, the only downside I see is the daughter. Her fake drama was annoying.

If they don't start using the right wording they are going to hurt the NFA world more than they help it. If a non gun person watched the show tonight they now believe that you can just go out and buy a gernade launcher from a guy off the street. What they had wasn't a gernade launcher, it was a 37mm flare launcher. The cocking lever on the side was the give away that it wasn't a M203.

He is about 20 years behind on his Masterkey project. KAC came up with it in the 1980's.

The show is fun to watch, but I can't get past them putting out wrong information for the sheep to use against us.

If they don't start using the right wording they are going to hurt the NFA world more than they help it. If a non gun person watched the show tonight they now believe that you can just go out and buy a gernade launcher from a guy off the street. What they had wasn't a gernade launcher, it was a 37mm flare launcher. The cocking lever on the side was the give away that it wasn't a M203.

He is about 20 years behind on his Masterkey project. KAC came up with it in the 1980's.

The show is fun to watch, but I can't get past them putting out wrong information for the sheep to use against us.

In his defense, he did comment to the guy buying the supressed shotgun that there was gonna be a lot of paperwork. Not sure the sheep are really interested in the correct information when they use stuff against us anyway. Look how many of them suggest new laws that already exist.

In his defense, he did comment to the guy buying the supressed shotgun that there was gonna be a lot of paperwork. Not sure the sheep are really interested in the correct information when they use stuff against us anyway. Look how many of them suggest new laws that already exist.

However, the suppressor falls under the National Firearms Act (NFA) Class III Restricted Items. They should have included it takes about 5-8 weeks, sometimes up to 6 months for the background check and to be approved for the tax stamp.

My information comes from http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/firearms-law-faq/21578-what-you-need-know-about-national-firearms-act-nfa-class-iii-restricted-items.html

Yeah, but where can you get one? The benefit of the S12 is the ability to quickly change mags or different purposes as well as being able to adjust the gas setting. Better than the 870 IMO.

Overall the show was great, the only downside I see is the daughter. Her fake drama was annoying.

I can tell you first hand it's not fake. :D

I was annoyed by the daughter. Seemed like she was playing up the drama a bit for the camera. I think they went with the Saiga to say it had never been done. I would rather have an 870, but you would be limited to 2 3" rounds on an 8 inch barrel. Seems like the Saiga with 10 rounds might be a good room clearer. I didn't know Red Jacket was gonna be the shop. I have heard good things about them and it was cool to see they are a 4 or 5 man shop.

However, the suppressor falls under the National Firearms Act (NFA) Class III Restricted Items. They should have included it takes about 5-8 weeks, sometimes up to 6 months for the background check and to be approved for the tax stamp.

My information comes from http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/firearms-law-faq/21578-what-you-need-know-about-national-firearms-act-nfa-class-iii-restricted-items.html

WTF? It ain't an encyclopedia show.

Yeah, but where can you get one? The benefit of the S12 is the ability to quickly change mags or different purposes as well as being able to adjust the gas setting. Better than the 870 IMO.

There are many dealers that carry the KAC Materkey. And I don't the the advantage of having quick change mags because the orginal purpose of the Masterkey was to use as a breaching tool, not a fighting one.

I was annoyed by the daughter. Seemed like she was playing up the drama a bit for the camera.

If you really wanna be annoyed, I have an excellent rental plan; couple days with my youngest, and you'll see how not "playing up" she was.

I loved the show, shop, guys. I'm really glad you guys posted about it being on!

Ugh!!!!!!!!...why all the negative comments???

Negativity seems to be the damn NORM around here anymore!!!!!!...its getting old...fast!

Anyway...back on topic...I liked the show...pretty darn cool to see the "inner workings" of a real gun shop.

And...I think the more kinds of these shows there are...the more informed the "scared" ones will be...