Stoeger Cougar Range Report.

Mykltn

e5603271.jpg

Took the Stoeger to the range today to see how it shoots. WOW! Sent 100 rounds of steel cased Monarch junk down range and didn't even cause the slightest hickup with this amazing pistol. Sights were dead on and the DA/SA trigger was very smooth. It only took a few rounds to get used to the grips and trigger. Every shot after that was dead on the mark. Action was very smooth with little recoil. The Stoeger is an all metal gun so I am sure that helps with felt recoil. The trigger guard is also ribbed to allow your left index finger to lock on to it and pull the pistol tight into your hand. Oversized trigger guard also allows for shooting with gloves. With a price of $380, this pistol is almost too good to be true. Do not know why Beretta didn't succeed with the Cougar when it was under their badge but am happy they brought it back under Stoeger and am really happy with the price. A great shooting 9MM for under $400 bucks. Who'd a thunk it? To those who are on the fence about this pistol, GET OFF THE FENCE AND GO BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!

Fifty round of the cheapest junk ammo I could find at a range of 50 feet. NUFF SAID?

bef719d6.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

I will echo your statements! I found one used on here for a great deal and jumped on it. Very glad I did!! It will be a very nice shooter to hand down!

wow, I had no idea. My father had mentioned wanting one because of the price and good word-of-mouth, but I had reservations. Not anymore, thats a great looking target and feeds cheap ammo, what more could you ask for. Might have to look at gettin him one for fathers day

I have wanted one for a long time. They fit my hands really well. Nice target. What happened with the one flyer?

First I shot out the cross in the middle of the target. Then decided to get rid of all the white around the middle. then decided to get rid of the black and got a little carried away. Popped off the last 10 rounds as fast as I could and in my excitement, I drifted a bit.

+1 to OP. I have a Beretta Cougar in .45 ACP and love it. Like he said, it's an "all metal gun". Even the .45 has a very controllable recoil and is amazingly accurate. I'm thinking of getting a Stoeger...I just haven't decided on 9mm or 40. These are even made on the original Beretta machining equipment, just in a different country & a lot better price.

002-2.jpg

These are one of the only guns out there with the unique rotating-barrel lock-up design, makes 'em super accurate even in shorter lengths. Beretta messed up trying to charge too much for 'em, they're great handguns and probaly would've caught on and gotten very popular if they weren't introduced with the inflated price-tag.

FWIW, the Stoeger Cougar and Beretta Cougar aren't just related, other than the name inscribed on their slides they're exactly the same gun made on the exact same machines, the machines are just stationed in Turkey instead of Italy.

FWIW, the Stoeger Cougar and Beretta Cougar aren't just related, other than the name inscribed on their slides they're exactly the same gun made on the exact same machines, the machines are just stationed in Turkey instead of Italy.

This

The cougars are one of the most UNDERRATED pistols out there. Like CK1 said...you are essentially getting a beretta...just made in turkey. From what I understand they shipped all the tooling over there. They are even bringing back the cougar compacts this year. If you don't like the safety you can even convert these to de-cock only. Enjoy your cougar!

I'll echo the good comments on the Stoger/Beretta Cougar platform. I owned a Beretta Cougar in 45 and it was great. One of my friends shot it and had a fit over it, so I sold it to him last year to finance another pistol. Now I'm thinking of getting another. Just can't decide on what caliber to get.:D

This

The cougars are one of the most UNDERRATED pistols out there. Like CK1 said...you are essentially getting a beretta...just made in turkey. From what I understand they shipped all the tooling over there. They are even bringing back the cougar compacts this year. If you don't like the safety you can even convert these to de-cock only. Enjoy your cougar!

And it's real easy to do. :D