.25 acp what round do you carry

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

You know what they say about buying a .25.

If you buy it, you'll want to load it. If you load it, you'll be inclined to carry it. And, if you carry it, you might have to shoot someone with it. That's really going to make them mad. :D

I'd say the major problem with .25 ACP will be penetration, so I'd carry FMJ if I actually carried it.

Reminds me of another thread on another board: is a .25ACP big enough for serious purposes?. Best answer - no If I'm carrying it, yes if someone's pointing it at me.

IMO, it's suitable only as a BUG unless you absolutely, positively can't conceal something bigger. Sorta like the .22 Mag derringers.

As for Buffalo Bore ammo, I don't think I'd want to shoot +P rounds out of a pistol the size of a Zippo lighter.

Edited by enfield

IMO, it's suitable only as a BUG unless you absolutely, positively can't conceal something bigger. Sorta like the .22 Mag derringers.

That is it's intended use, something to carry when i can't carry my .45

You know what they say about buying a .25.

If you buy it, you'll want to load it. If you load it, you'll be inclined to carry it. And, if you carry it, you might have to shoot someone with it. That's really going to make them mad. :P

I'll make sure an ask how mad they are after 3rd shot.... in the face.... Yea it maybe small but i still wouldn't want to mess with it. as for reloading, i am seriously considering it since I carry a .45 most of the time, and would like to shoot more often on my limited budget. :yuck:

SunTzu told me you have to use really pointy bullets or they just bounce off.

- OS

I actually shot SuntZu once with my 25. When he found out about it he was really mad.

The round is not worth a darn for self defense yanno? Just use whatever will feed reliably.

Ya know, the OP asked what people thought was the best carry round, not what your opinions are on whether it is a "serious" defensive round. How about we just answer the original question instead of making critical comments about the caliber? People die every year of gunshots from .22, .25, and .32 cal rounds. I think that is enough proof that if used properly, those will do just fine for CCW.

That all said, in a .25, I would go for an FMJ to get as much penetration as possible. With a round that small, that is the most important point.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

And it's a horrible choice for a defensive pistol, regardless of how many people have been killed with one or how many rounds you plan to put up the nose of an attacker. It's just slightly better than no gun at all.

And it's a horrible choice for a defensive pistol, regardless of how many people have been killed with one or how many rounds you plan to put up the nose of an attacker. It's just slightly better than no gun at all.

what are you talking about?

• Admin Team

In all seriousness, if I had to carry, or was inclined to carry a .25, I would carry 50gr. FMJ rounds - preferably some of the solid copper ones. I would also practice rapid fire drills and concentrate on getting the entire magazine into the thoracic triangle of a standard silhouette as quickly as possible.

I do not really discount the defensive power of a .25. But to be sure it is limited to a "get off me" round.

About the best use for it in a defensive situation would be stick it in someone's ear to make them listen.

I do not really discount the defensive power of a .25. But to be sure it is limited to a "get off me" round.

About the best use for it in a defensive situation would be stick it in someone's ear to make them listen.

I personally don't want to be that close to an attacker. How do I know he hasn't got AIDS or some other blood borne disease? Pop a around in him that close, and if you get it in your eye, mouth or nose, you might become infected yourself. Just like I have no desire to trade blows with someone. No thanks.

Guest Sprowse
I personally don't want to be that close to an attacker. How do I know he hasn't got AIDS or some other blood borne disease? Pop a around in him that close, and if you get it in your eye, mouth or nose, you might become infected yourself. Just like I have no desire to trade blows with someone. No thanks.

As distasteful as it may sound, most violent encounters occur within arms reach. If someone is trying to kill you, the last thing you'll be worried about is the random chance of catching a communicable disease from blood splatter.

As distasteful as it may sound, most violent encounters occur within arms reach. If someone is trying to kill you, the last thing you'll be worried about is the random chance of catching a communicable disease from blood splatter.

Yup. This is where paranoia really pays off. Everyone in public is a potential threat.