Beauty Queen kills intruder

Did a quick search but didn't see this posted anywhere.

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion - FoxNews.com

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

Meghan Brown, a former Florida pageant queen, shot and killed 42-year-old Albert Franklin Hill during a home invasion March 12 at the 2,732-square-foot house she shares with her fiance in Tierra Verde, Fla.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trumpettgriffin

Shot in the chest, groin, thigh and back - he didn't go peacefully

It sounds like this could have ended much worse. Answering the door at 3A.M.?

I love the photo caption:

"Florida beauty queen Meghan Brown, right"

No, really? If they hadn't put that "right" in there, I might have thought Meghan Brown, beauty queen, was the dude on the left.:shake:

But that's only half as screwy as telling the world via the Interwebz that you have trouble breaking hundreds and walk around with a $60K rock on your hand....

Edited by monkeylizard
:shake: What was that guy thinking.

I had the exact same thought.

BTW, This is one of those cases where shooting a person in the back sounds justified, sounds like she shot him in the back while he was going after her fiance.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
This is one time, the BG should have lived with all those shots. I could image him going to prison for 50 years and all the other inmates. So you lost your junk to a pink .38

Pretty good chance it was the groin shot that did him in. Got some major blood highways running through that area. Very easy to bleed out.

Good for her in terms of thinking clearly enough to retrieve her weapon, and then to shoot well enough to take out the attacker without also hitting her fiance (it sounds like the attacker was more or less next to the fiance during the shooting).

Guest uofmeet

Fiance sounds like a cradle robber......or maybe she is a gold digger.....either way, good for her for defending herself and her cradle robbing other half....

Guest tnxdshooter

My only concern is with the back shot. A good prosecutor will eat that up saying he was fleeing and try and charge her with murder. If the autopsy comes back saying the shot to the back is what killed him she is in big big trouble.

Guest tnxdshooter
My thoughts as I read the article:

Wow! Good for her...

Wow! She's cute...

Wow! She's half his age...

Wow! He make's that kind of money studying trees... ;)

I think she was a dog and cant see as how she won a beauty pageant.

My only concern is with the back shot. A good prosecutor will eat that up saying he was fleeing and try and charge her with murder. If the autopsy comes back saying the shot to the back is what killed him she is in big big trouble.

Defense of third party. The guy was beating her fiancee.

Well the story was he was attaching her fiance. A good Prosecutor, DA should rule it justified self defense and or defense of another person and not press any charges at all. At least if it was in TN. I am not looking up FL law.

Guest tnxdshooter
Defense of third party. The guy was beating her fiancee.

A prosecutor will try and say well he had his back turned to her which means he was fleeing (you and I both know that isnt the case) therefore it is murder. A prosecutor and a good one could have a field day with this I think.

I think she was a dog and cant see as how she won a beauty pageant.

Really, can't trust a news Camera can you. I am sure she just didn't have time to put on her 1,000 dollar make up. Had to talk about tipping the pizza guy and her ring.

Edited by vontar
Guest tnxdshooter

So it is mean to say I dont think someone is pretty when they arent? I just dont think she is pretty bottom line. I have seen girls around here never been in beauty pageants their whole life that look alot better than her. She just has that dog looking face like an actual dog so to speak.

A prosecutor will try and say well he had his back turned to her which means he was fleeing (you and I both know that isnt the case) therefore it is murder. A prosecutor and a good one could have a field day with this I think.

I don't believe it will go that way, with that man's criminal record and him attacking her fiancée while she shot him.

Edited by vontar
Guest friesepferd

There is really an argument going on here about whether or not she is pretty, and whether or not she is just with her guy because of the money?

/facepalm

Well done miss. I'm glad you were able to defend yourself and your guy. I'm sure she won't have any trouble with the law considering what happened.

Lesson to all of us from this:

1) dont open door at 3am

2) if you do, bring your gun with you

I'm ecstatic that another thug who shouldn't have been on the street in the first place is now taking a permanent dirt nap.

I'm equally gladdened to read that it was a pink .38 that put him there - seems to show that what caliber you have is ultimately less important than putting the bullet into the right locations. :)

I'm truly fed-up that our "justice system" continuously lets these animals back out on the street where they can terrorize us - I keep wishing that before I take the dirt nap that this country will wake up and start dealing with criminals the way they should be dealt with. However, I'm not optimistic about that. In the interim, I'll continue to carry and train to be prepared for the day that I might have to defend my life the way this beauty queen did and more importantly, defend myself as well as she did!

Edit: I do wonder why anyone would open the door to a stranger at that time of the night...I doubt I would and I certainly wouldn't unless I already had a weapon in my hand.

Edited by RobertNashville
So it is mean to say I dont think someone is pretty when they arent? I just dont think she is pretty bottom line. I have seen girls around here never been in beauty pageants their whole life that look alot better than her. She just has that dog looking face like an actual dog so to speak.

Me thinks he doth protest too much! That or it's his lady posting under his account. :)