Motherf*****g snake!

I am a big pansy when it comes to snakes, and I'd have to say that would have been the end of the line for that little feller if it were me weed eating.

I know, illegal to kill... blah blah blah, it's just a garder... blah blah blah, they eat bugs... blah blah blah. I don't give a damn, they make my skin crawl.

I'm with you I don't care what kind it is I'm gone. Spiders and lizards don't bother me

We had a big water snake up in the boat lift , wouldn't go near lift or boat "afraid it would get in boat". The neighbor "farmer" came over and ask about it . He climbed up on the front of the boat and looked back in the eave. "Yep I see him" reached in and pulled him out by the tail. It was a good 5' plus I'm 20 yards away a thinking WTF. but glad to be rid of It

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll are a bunch of hard charging, ain't afraid to get into a firefight, whiskey chuggin, bacon devouring rednecks.

And most of you are scared like little girls around snakes..... Sissies.

This is just how much I LIKE snakes.

010-5.jpg

There are two types of snakes, the ones that are dead. And the ones that are fix'en to be dead.

To use a line I've already posted...First sensible comment I've seen.:D

Yeah, I know... good snakes, bad snakes, etc... But I'm not stopping long enough to ask.

Guest Konig
Ya'll are a bunch of hard charging, ain't afraid to get into a firefight, whiskey chuggin, bacon devouring rednecks.

And most of you are scared like little girls around snakes..... Sissies.

This is just how much I LIKE snakes.

010-5.jpg

Very nice "Rat Snake"!LOL

black snakes? rat snakes?

is there a "good" & "safe" snake to have that will eat rattlers & copperheads? we're in the process of buying a farm ... snakes scare the living crap out of me (everything other than pythons that is) -- huge fan of those and grew up with a friend who had them. venomous = yikes :tinfoil:

Gentlemen, first of all, it's a baby! And yes baby snakes are a bit nippy compared to adults but this is a not a dangerous snake! We have had plenty of snakes and yes, I have been bitten but in general the snake just wants you to leave it alone. My daughter had a 14 foot python, now I know what your thinking, " pythons are poisonous " Your right but the bite sure hurts! Fact is, it is more scared of you than you are of it. Well at least that should be true! Let it live and get rid of your rodents! Find someone your own size to pick on!

Guest BEARMAN
My daughter had a 14 foot python, now I know what your thinking, " pythons are poisonous " Your right but the bite sure hurts!

Now that's a new one...a poisonous Python??? You're kidding, right? Python's belong to the constrictor family...they're bite is non-lethal.

Or, maybe it's the ultra-deadly..... "Frankenpython"......:eek::tinfoil:

:D I was wondering if anyone caught that.

You're slipping in your old age. I read the plane comment yesterday and didn't know WTF he was talking about. I read your reply to that about 15 minutes ago and thought to myself "WTF did he catch?"

I've since realized that yall were referring to that movie.... which apparently it's only two viewers are both TGO members. Small world, eh

Guest Jamie
Or, maybe it's the ultra-deadly..... "Frankenpython"......:eek::D

Closely related to the "Rattlin' Coppermouth", no doubt.... We seem to have a lot of those around here, according to some people. :):shake:

Guest bkelm18

Not to nitpick, but snakes aren't poisonous. They're venomous. Poison is something either absorbed through the skin or ingested, venom is something injected.

And the snake in the OP is definitely not a Copperhead.

Edited by bkelm18
black snakes? rat snakes?

is there a "good" & "safe" snake to have that will eat rattlers & copperheads? we're in the process of buying a farm ... snakes scare the living crap out of me (everything other than pythons that is) -- huge fan of those and grew up with a friend who had them. venomous = yikes :D

Good snakes and bad snakes.... http://www.tn.gov/twra/pdfs/snakesposter.pdf

The best thing you can hope for is to have a couple of owls on the property. Not only do they eat the same vermin as the snakes, they eat the snakes too.

Gentlemen, first of all, it's a baby! And yes baby snakes are a bit nippy compared to adults but this is a not a dangerous snake! We have had plenty of snakes and yes, I have been bitten but in general the snake just wants you to leave it alone. My daughter had a 14 foot python, now I know what your thinking, " pythons are poisonous " YOUR RIGHT but the bite sure hurts! Fact is, it is more scared of you than you are of it. Well at least that should be true! Let it live and get rid of your rodents! Find someone your own size to pick on!

I added a scream here so you would know what I meant. Your right , they are not poisonous! But the bite sure hurts ,as does the broken rib!!!

And OhShoot this "he" is a "she"!

Meh, I'm not scared of snakes. I don't have kids and my dogs would use it as a chew toy if it goes in the back yard.

Poisonous snakes have a triangle head and non-poisonous have a round head right? If so, that's not a copperhead.

True for the most part. Coral snakes are a notable exception.

coralsnakepicture1.jpg

HOLEEE CRAP! How did a black mamba get in your yard? First off, shoot it about ten, maybe twelve times. Don't use snake shot for this beast, get a 12 gauge or something because you can't be too careful. It is a snake after all.

Sadly, once the shooting is done you are in even more trouble. You'll have dead meat in your yard and the dozen or so local mountain lions will want to eat that and then eat you. You'll probably fight those off, I can tell you are a man of conviction, but then the black panther will jump you from the shadows. Those things live all over the state and are so stealthy they don't get hit by cars.

The black panther will eat you,as you might expect but, look on the bright side, as least as you weren't killed by the evil east tennessee unicorn, you were at least a meal. Those damn unicorns kill you and then eat rainbows and hugs. They are just murderous bastards. Much like someone who kills a snake on general principles.

Damn those unicorns! Evil bastards.

Not to nitpick, but snakes aren't poisonous. They're venomous. Poison is something either absorbed through the skin or ingested, venom is something injected.

And the snake in the OP is definitely not a Copperhead.

Great way to precede nitpicking. :rolleyes: