Motherf*****g snake!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a permit from the state of TN to kill a snake now.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tennessee-politics-legislation/29705-snake-killing-law.html

In Tennessee, it is illegal to harm, kill, remove from the wild, or possess native snakes taken from the wild without the proper permits.

since it is unlawful to kill one with out a permit, they must issue a permit to some people right? :) I am still waiting on my permit.

Guest BEARMAN

I concur, it's a common Garter snake. If left to his own devices; he'll end up eating all your

peskey mice and mole's.

Won't that be a doggone shame?....:)

I am a big pansy when it comes to snakes, and I'd have to say that would have been the end of the line for that little feller if it were me weed eating.

I know, illegal to kill... blah blah blah, it's just a garder... blah blah blah, they eat bugs... blah blah blah. I don't give a damn, they make my skin crawl.

Guest J.D. Skull

Looks like a copperhead to me. Only snake safe around me is kingsnake. I can live with moles and bugs. But I don't like sneeky copperheads. They don't give any warning. I let my family of kingsnakes invite them to lunch.:)l

Guest Konig

Rough Picture!:) But to me it looks like a Cooperhead and the Baby ones are deadlier than the Big Ones! MothBalls and Snake Pellets will keep those at a distance for about 3 months.

Guest MERRILL

That ain't a copperhead. It is a garter shake. The under exposed photo makes it hard to identify, but is good enough to assure you that it isn't a copperhead. leave it alone.

Guest Jamie
Meh, I'm not scared of snakes. I don't have kids and my dogs would use it as a chew toy if it goes in the back yard.

Poisonous snakes have a triangle head and non-poisonous have a round head right? If so, that's not a copperhead.

It's not a copperhead. I still have the last copperhead my dogs tried to use as a chew toy in a jar or alcohol here. It's only about 18 inches long and still managed to cost us $600.

The one in the pic is most probably a garter snake.

Oh, and if you'd care to get close enough to check, all of the poisonous snakes in the U.S. except for the coral snake are pit vipers.... they have a heat-sensing organ between their eye and nostril. Makes 'em pretty easy to identify. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest mosinon

HOLEEE CRAP! How did a black mamba get in your yard? First off, shoot it about ten, maybe twelve times. Don't use snake shot for this beast, get a 12 gauge or something because you can't be too careful. It is a snake after all.

Sadly, once the shooting is done you are in even more trouble. You'll have dead meat in your yard and the dozen or so local mountain lions will want to eat that and then eat you. You'll probably fight those off, I can tell you are a man of conviction, but then the black panther will jump you from the shadows. Those things live all over the state and are so stealthy they don't get hit by cars.

The black panther will eat you,as you might expect but, look on the bright side, as least as you weren't killed by the evil east tennessee unicorn, you were at least a meal. Those damn unicorns kill you and then eat rainbows and hugs. They are just murderous bastards. Much like someone who kills a snake on general principles.

Edited by mosinon
How bout spiders and lizards? Them too?

Not so much, just snakes. If I see them in the woods or something and know they are not a venomous snake, I will probably let them live. If one gets in my yard or an area I frequent, it will be game over regardless of species.

Guest Konig
:rolleyes: indeed.

Total Myth about the Baby Ones, even for the Fabled Cooperheads.

- OS

Grown Snakes will Ration the amount of Venom in a Bite, so they dont use it all at once! Baby Snakes are not yet used to "Rationing", so they fill you up! LOL!

In the "Poor Quality" picture, it does look to me like a Cooperhead!