• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

hmm. security guards with handcuffs...

I take this place was posted.

I take the two who came in looking to kill this guy are Not permit holders.

I take this event will be used against the law abiding...

Guest BEARMAN
hmm. security guards with handcuffs...

I engage in the armed security profession for certain client's from time to time; and yes HvyMtl, handcuffs are usually required gear to properly restrain unruly lawbreakers.

What would you expect security officer's to use...a piece of rope? :rolleyes:

I engage in the armed security profession for certain client's from time to time; and yes HvyMtl, handcuffs are usually required gear to properly restrain unruly lawbreakers.

A mag plumb full of .40 S&W

I think you guys should be restricted to pepper spray and zip ties like Dog the Bounty Hunter. :)

After all; it's for the children

Let me get this straight...

Malone (19 yrs old) and Garrett (20 yrs old) are not even old enough to buy handguns. Neither can be issued a permit to legally carry a firearm. And being under 21, they are not old enough to patronize the bar in question. I suppose they rode to the bar on a flying unicorn too.

I wasn't going to mention that these pillars of the community took careful aim to only wound their victim, but couldn't resist. They are only being charged with aggravated assault, so the law must believe they weren't trying to kill anyone. I'm sure the bystander was only wounded b/c lighting or peanut shells on the floor were distracting. They'll probably sue.

Let me get this straight...

Malone (19 yrs old) and Garrett (20 yrs old) are not even old enough to buy handguns. Neither can be issued a permit to legally carry a firearm. And being under 21, they are not old enough to patronize the bar in question. I suppose they rode to the bar on a flying unicorn too.

I wasn't going to mention that these pillars of the community took careful aim to only wound their victim, but couldn't resist. They are only being charged with aggravated assault, so the law must believe they weren't trying to kill anyone. I'm sure the bystander was only wounded b/c lighting or peanut shells on the floor were distracting. They'll probably sue.

Half correct. They are not old enough to buy a handgun from an FFL. But if they weren't a prohibited person (felony, etc.) they could legally buy a handgun from another TN Resident starting at age 18. Of course, they couldn't legally carry it, nor walk into that bar...

Half correct. They are not old enough to buy a handgun from an FFL. But if they weren't a prohibited person (felony, etc.) they could legally buy a handgun from another TN Resident starting at age 18. Of course, they couldn't legally carry it, nor walk into that bar...

I thought the only 21 year old requirement was in places that allowed smoking. For entry, I mean, not for drinking alcohol. No?

- OS

I thought the only 21 year old requirement was in places that allowed smoking. For entry, I mean, not for drinking alcohol. No?

- OS

I think you are correct. If the establishment allows smoking then it is 21 and up. Otherwise it's 18.

Guest 6.8 AR

If they are going to shoot each other, why don't they go practice first? It would make the justice

system less crowded, instead of hitting bystanders. Dumbasses!

So, if an 18 yr old can go into a bar and buy a handgun from as long as it's not from an FFL, I guess I was only one-third correct, huh?:rolleyes:

I suspect the anti-gunnners will say that makes them less guilty then, since the law allowed 2 out of 3 things to happen.

Guest BEARMAN
I think you guys should be restricted to pepper spray and zip ties like Dog the Bounty Hunter. :P

After all; it's for the children

Mr. Chapman is a convicted felon. He is barred from carrying and owning firearms; otherwise he would be packing something more than pepper spray. IMO

Robert, you do what you feel you need to do "for the children" my friend. I'll conduct my business per my client's wishes. He is paying for armed security; so I'll deliver nothing less.

I refuse the jobs that require un-armed guards. My client's safety, and my safety is of the utmost priority. I'll expound on this issue no further for your amusement.

I call BS on this. They're under 21 so they couldn't have purchased a handgun. And I'm pretty sure Silverado's is posted, so they couldn't have taken the guns in there even if they did have these phantom under-21 guns.

Perfectly legal for 18, 19 and 20 year olds to purchase hand guns in TN in a private purchase, unless they would be otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm - ie criminal conviction, etc

I didn't even know there was an 18 requirement. What kind of places is that in effect for?

- OS

Insurance companies require some places to be posted if a certain % of their sales come liquor or beer sales.

Or to be accurate, they offer discounts on the insurance if the place is posted 18+ or 21+ depending on the % of liquor or beer sales. Also if you have an ID checker (but security/bouncers tend to raise your rates) at the door, etc.