Western style .22 revolver wanted...

Guest rod locker

Guest rod locker

Besides the Rugar six, what other revolvers are a good choice as a western style .22? It will be used just for plinking around.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the Rugar six, what other revolvers are a good choice as a western style .22? It will be used just for plinking around.

I love my 45 colt from Heritage and they make the 22lr as well. Here are some links from Bud's that have some nice (& cheap for plinking) ones....

Heritage Manufacturing - Heritage Manufacturing, Inc

CIM PLINKERTON 22LR 4.75 BLK $163.00 SHIPS FREE

Cowboy Action Shooting for Sale at BudsGunShop

Not saying you should get it from Bud's, just for seeing some choices. Lots of our LGS will have something.

HTH, chemprof

Check out now discontinued Harrington & Richardson's. You can often find these at gun shows for a reasonable price. Neat thing is that some of these are convertibles (.22lr/.22 mag) and are both single and double action in some cases. The several I have had were sturdy and fine plinkers.

Mousegunner's Harrington & Richardson 676 .22 Revolver

H & R Firearms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

H&R 676 Review - THR

Check out now discontinued Harrington & Richardson's. You can often find these at gun shows for a reasonable price. Neat thing is that some of these are convertibles (.22lr/.22 mag) and are both single and double action in some cases. The several I have had were sturdy and fine plinkers.

Mousegunner's Harrington & Richardson 676 .22 Revolver

H & R Firearms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

H&R 676 Review - THR

+1 on the H&R

Guest coldblackwind

I really like my heritage, hard to beat for the price, and thats probably the route I would aim for. H&R would be a decent choice to, the frontier scout someone mentioned is another good choice, but considerably more expensive, theres also a ton of companies that made single action .22's, I had an RG in .22 magnum until recently that was a suprisingly decent shooter.

Guest Oaklands
I have a High Standard "Double Nine" Looks the part of a Colt single action but holds 9 rounds and also is double action. Kind of hard to find but there are 3 or 4 of them on Gunbroker right now.

I've got one of those too. Nice little guns.

Gentleman's hand below. The only gun I own that my wife calls "pretty!" It is a little work of art. It is one of the grandkids favorite guns, the other being their Henry 1000Y (youth model) in .22 LR.

B3EEDC8F6FAB4E0EB1DD212ABF4E058F.jpg

(Ruger Bearcat Stainless Steel)

Guest Aces&8s

I have a similar picture of my Heritage Rough Rider, wjh2657. I love the Rough Rider, it has been a great shooter, very accurate, especially for the money (I think I paid $180 OTD for it).

m9130_007.jpg

I don't have any of the cool little pics of mine, but I've got a Heritage Rough Rider, and a Colt Frontier Scout that I shoot better than either of the 2 single-sixes I own.

Believe it or not a H&R 949 followed me home today. I'll try an get a picture of it when the daughter gets home.

Hawes western (six shooter)jp sauer .22 cal pistol ... if you can find one

they're the same size as a Colt 45

I loved mine. There's also a Hi Standard longhorn double 9 except it's got a 9 shot swing out cylinder and it's double action. The JP Sauer is a great one.