Lost my Sadie yesterday

Sadie lost her battle with lymphoma yesterday. I had prevous thread from Jan. she had been doing great since then every week doing better with treatment, complete remission. Absolute "poster child " for this horrible disease. Last week every thing went off the grid lost her 4-28-11 at the age of 4. having hard time grieving over very special little girl.

sadiek.jpg

My condolences to caliperman and family for loss of Sam

Edited by laktrash
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

We are very sorry for your loss. As " dog " people ourselves, we fully understand the grief over losing a best friend. You will be in our prayers

I'm so sorry.

I DON'T know how you feel but I have been through it myself. There isn't any fancy words that'll make you feel better. I grieve with you though.

Dog's are funny things, they get ahold of your heart in nothing flat, but their time here is short. My wife loves me and I love her, but NOTHING [short of God] loves you like your dog. Nothing.

Sadie lost her battle with lymphoma yesterday. I had prevous thread from Jan. she had been doing great since then every week doing better with treatment, complete remission. Absolute "poster child " for this horrible disease. Last week every thing went off the grid lost her 4-28-11 at the age of 4. having hard time grieving over very special little girl.

sadiek.jpg

My condolences to caliperman and family for loss of Sam

laktrash,

Sam and Sadie are completely well now. Sorry that Sadie suffered. My Sam went suddenly. They are both waiting for us in Heaven.

to join them. Google the poem, Rainbow Bridge.I'm grieving too, and it has given me some comfort. May GOD bless you and yours.

laktrash,

Sam and Sadie are completely well now. Sorry that Sadie suffered. My Sam went suddenly. They are both waiting for us in Heaven.

to join them. Google the poem, Rainbow Bridge.I'm grieving too, and it has given me some comfort. May GOD bless you and yours.

Thanks very much . Very good poem

So very sorry...it had been many, many years without a dog when I found an eight week old basset hound puppy - she is now nearing 7 years and I can't imagine a day without coming home and seeing her there waiting for me. I've heard it said that God created the dog so that man would know what unconditional love is...I think that may be true.

"The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death."

- George Graham Vest - c. 1855

Edited by RobertNashville

Sorry for your loss.

My dog Harley dosen't have long left.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

So sorry to hear. Been a tough week all around, hasn't it? Hope the pain subsides with time and that there may be room for another when the time is right. One of my three is looking at me while the others sleep and it's priceless. Take care.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Just last night I had a dream about my Brittany Spaniel, Bailey and we were walking through the park like old times....and she's been gone for nearly two years. Every now and then I have a dream about her like that and it's like being visited by an old friend. Hang in there.