First republican debate this evening.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest REDDOG79

I didn't like Herman Cain, Rick Santorum or Tim Pawlenty. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are more to my liking.

Guest mosinon

I have supported RonPaul for some time. I don't always agree with him but he is consistent. I know what I am getting with Ron Paul, with those other tools, not so much. I'd rather vote for RonPaul or Kucinich than some guy who will compromise his principles for the sake elections.

Ron Paul would make a great president, and is a very intelligent man. However, he comes off as a nut if you just casually observe him. His lack of public speaking ability will keep him from being a contender.

Herman Cain did well. First time a lot of people saw him. Ron Paul was Ron Paul. Saying pretty much what he has been saying for the past 30 years. The other three didn't say much at all IMO. I don't think Mr. Cain can win GOP nomination , but could be VP pick.

Ron Paul would make a great president, and is a very intelligent man. However, he comes off as a nut if you just casually observe him. His lack of public speaking ability will keep him from being a contender.

Maybe we can donate to a fund to get him a teleprompter. If public speaking were required for election, Obama would never have even made it past dog-catcher in his hometown.

It was refreshing to see all of them.

IMO Pawlenty was a disappointment and his mannerisms were too much like Bush and Clinton. Gary Johnson was also disappointing, looks too much like a wimp but yet runs marathons? He reminds me of a younger Ron Paul with his ideas.

RonPaul, he ain't it.

Cain or Santorium would get my vote as of today.

Still early.

IMNSHO, none of those in the debate can beat Obama as even his deflated ratings now stand, and neither can any of the other "front runners" that weren't there either (Trump, Huckabee, Palin, Romney, or the Grinch).

Someone not in the picture will have to emerge or Barack will have to step on his goober a lot worse for a GOP victory.

Even if the economy tanks worse, that likely won't do it alone. In a really twisted irony, the Dem voting base of the "have nots" actually expands the poorer folks get. Remember, the vast majority of voters don't care about individual responsibility or freedom.

Right now, seems a Dem could unseat Barack easier than any of the fore mentioned Republicans.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
In a really twisted irony, the Dem voting base of the "have nots" actually expands the poorer folks get. Remember, the vast majority of voters don't care about individual responsibility or freedom.

- OS

I think this is Barry's plan.

It was refreshing to see all of them.

IMO Pawlenty was a disappointment and his mannerisms were too much like Bush and Clinton. Gary Johnson was also disappointing, looks too much like a wimp but yet runs marathons? He reminds me of a younger Ron Paul with his ideas.

RonPaul, he ain't it.

Cain or Santorium would get my vote as of today.

Still early.

I thought the same thing, until I found out he's summited Everest.

Caine can't have a chance - the ilbtards have told us over and over the only reason we don't like Obama is because he's black...

Right. Did you see the report on 5 the other night? They made bogus charitable phone calls to different gov't officials, one using an Irish sounding name, the other an obviously black name... the officials went right down color lines, both in the 80%+ column saying yes to the individual begging that was their own race.

But racism is dead... I'm gonna send you a pm with an interesting bit of history...

I thought the same thing, until I found out he's summited Everest.

Not to totally belittle that or anything, but 2 months and $25-40K will get most folks in reasonably good shape up Everest these days.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
cut longer post about climbing
Not to totally belittle that or anything, but 2 months and $25-40K will get most folks in reasonably good shape up Everest these days.

- OS

Well, I find it a little impressive :) I understand it's not the feat it once was, but the mental toughness I've seen on the discovery channel show impressed me with people who do make it.

But I agree it doesn't mean he's rambo

Well, I find it a little impressive :) I understand it's not the feat it once was, but the mental toughness I've seen on the discovery channel show impressed me with people who do make it.

But I agree it doesn't mean he's rambo

Also, I am impressed he's going for the Seven Summit thing; some of those are considered about as tough as Everest.

Ironically, Jon Krakauer has said (with a good bit of agreement in the climbing community) that climbing the second highest peaks on each continent is considered much tougher, as many of those take a lot more climbing expertise than the highest ones. Like K2 being much tougher than Everest, etc.

- OS

Right. Did you see the report on 5 the other night? They made bogus charitable phone calls to different gov't officials, one using an Irish sounding name, the other an obviously black name... the officials went right down color lines, both in the 80%+ column saying yes to the individual begging that was their own race.

But racism is dead... I'm gonna send you a pm with an interesting bit of history...

Oh ya, racism is alive and well, but it's infuriating how libtards accuse folks who simply disagree with Obama's polices of racism. I didn't like Bush's policies, either, so I guess I hate both whites and blacks...

I could care less if Johnson can climb mountains or run marathons and he may have some leadership skills but his presences is not presidential. One thing I-me-my-obama had was his better than you, meaning white folks, appearance and oratory skills that got him elected, his ability to lie well helped too.

Johnson is also for legalizing pot which never goes over well in debates.

Cain and Santorium, those two along with Palin and Bachmann are the ones the media and the left hates, so that makes them a threat against BHO.

A majority of registered voters in the country now supports legalizing pot in some way shape or form.... It might not play well with social conservatives... but his point that 90% of the problem is issues with enforcement, and 10% is from people doing the drugs... from a fiscal conservative point of view, I'm all for getting rid of 90% waste.

I could care less if Johnson can climb mountains or run marathons and he may have some leadership skills but his presences is not presidential. One thing I-me-my-obama had was his better than you, meaning white folks, appearance and oratory skills that got him elected, his ability to lie well helped too.

Johnson is also for legalizing pot which never goes over well in debates.

Cain and Santorium, those two along with Palin and Bachmann are the ones the media and the left hates, so that makes them a threat against BHO.