The Gun used to Kill BIN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer

Nice. Funny but true story....I emailed every main news station locally, then the big hitters (FOX,NBC,CBS) and asked them all this question!! Now I am almost positive this was in no way related to my emails, but I'm still happy it was answered!!

Yes I know....I'm a nerd!

everone knows a 1911 should have been the gun to execute the worlds most wanted criminal.

And I have no doubt he was stood up and shot, it was a handgun that blew his brain out. Should have been a .45.

Ya know, It dosen't matter which gun was used. The dirt bag is history.

Our NAVY Seals need not be in the spotlight. They did their job and God bless them.

They know they are professionals. They are a cut above everyone else.

Joe Biden has a big, loud, loose mouth.

Actually, even though the sheeple wouldn't understand, it would have been a real beech slap to the face had he been put down with a hipoint. Ooo, A hipoint shooting CCI Blazer aluminum case!:rolleyes:

I bet the executives at Sig are pleased, and will really be pleased with the sales report say....after christmas this year.

i am a Hi Point fanboy. I would be diggin it if a Hi Point put him down.

I am assuming a 9 momo put a hole in his head. Thought that from the moment i read Usama was unarmed. He was stood up and shot.

What Usama was doing is under a lot of speculation.

What Usama was doing is under a lot of speculation.

Well, it ain't under my speculation, and I bet not many here either. I don't care if reaching for a gun or drinking a YooHoo and watching reruns of Family Affair. ByeByeBin.

I call BS. Supposedly, half his skull is gone. 9mm hardball? Right. 5.56 carbine, thank you. Not that 9mm can't handle the job, but if there's that much damage...

That's what I've been thinking...

Did someone say they were using hardball?

That's all they have; JHP rounds are not allowed in combat. According to the rules of engagement, JHP would cause unnecessary harm to the enemy. Only us civilians can have them.

Guest bkelm18
That's all they have; JHP rounds are not allowed in combat. According to the rules of engagement, JHP would cause unnecessary harm to the enemy. Only us civilians can have them.

Not to muddle things, but they were using secret stealth helicopters... in a sovereign nation they technically weren't supposed to be operating in... attacking a compound for all they knew was guarded by Pakistani military... I wouldn't be surprised if they used JHP. Secondly, the rules of engagement have nothing to do with JHP. It's use is outlined in the Hague Convention of 1899. Assassinations are also uncalled for in the rules of war, but I'd bet hard money they were there to kill OBL, not capture him.

Edited by bkelm18
I call BS. Supposedly, half his skull is gone. 9mm hardball? Right. 5.56 carbine, thank you. Not that 9mm can't handle the job, but if there's that much damage...

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't have shot him just once. 4 or 5 rounds is gonna mess up rag and all.

I have seen some autopsy stuff for school where I had to ID weapons used, and from the "half the skull" rumor and the pic I have seen (which I do not know if it is fake or not), it was not a 9mm. A 9 will not take off half his calvarium, nor do I believe a .45 would either. Obviously the only people who know for sure are those who were there, but I would have a hard time believing it was not a 5.56.

Considering the situation, the amount of people that were both there and believed to be there, I have to assume they armed themselves with assualt rifles rigged for CQB situations, since that's exactly what it is. Based on the fact that they only killed something like 3 or 4 people, there's no way they ran out of ammo necessitating a switch to a sidearm. I seriously doubt it was done with a handgun.

I have no problem with him being dead. I hope it was with a handgun though because it is an insult(weird i know) to them to be killed with a handgun. It's because so many are executed with handguns. When I was over there I could point a M-4 at them and they would do nothing, but point a handgun at them and they will **** themselves. When I heard it may have been with a handgun I first thought he may have just been executed.

Edited by Patton

I have been to plenty of suicides and homicides also. It would blow half his head off if the barrel was placed against his head no matter what kind of ammunition they were shooting. The gas charge could blow his head apart.

Just because it was the gun used to kill Bin Laden doesn't make me want to buy a Sig. Now if I could buy THE gun that killed him; that would be a different story. ;)