who's been shot?

I'm a Vet but got out in 1960 before TSHTF in Vietnam...sorry you got shot...thank you for doing your duty.

You're welcome. Sorry you missed the fun. LOL Seriously, I'm glad you got out

when you did.

Thanks for your service as well.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer

Staples....BB's....pellets and paintballs. Those are the objects that actually have struck me

What didn't, the .357 round that an OLD friend "ACCIDENTLY" fired off BETWEEN MY LEGS about 4" from my thigh, and well, the family jewels!

He was taking it out of a holster, or something, it was all a blur. I was sitting in the floor, legs in a "v" with my cleaning gear out, SAFTEY CHECKING my G23. BOOM!! When the smoke cleared and my pants dried, we found the hole in the carpet, through the floor!!

Needless to say, never have I been around him when he had a firearm AGAIN!!!

When I was working with the brother in law in Casper, Wy, He stapled his pinky finger to the overhang...I heard him yell and walked over to his side of the house..."Pull it out! Pull it out!" I shook the ladder and he fell off...then I took him to the emergency room...the staple went right through his knuckle. The scream when they pulled it out reminded me of a girl.

Ya know...this is pretty funny...now! Then it wasn't even amusing.

When I was working with the brother in law in Casper, Wy, He stapled his pinky finger to the overhang...I heard him yell and walked over to his side of the house..."Pull it out! Pull it out!" I shook the ladder and he fell off...then I took him to the emergency room...the staple went right through his knuckle. The scream when they pulled it out reminded me of a girl.

Was this event the predecessor to his attempts to shoot you?

When I first got married...1966..the first time...I was deer hunting about a mile from the house...sneaking around a brushy swale when I hear...THUMP!....bang....THUMP!....bang. THUMP! dirt flies...bang. I hollered...THUMP! I started shooting back. Before I could get to where I could see a car I heard it leave. I have no idea who it was...but they were colorblind...You can't wear more orange than I had on!

I was in High school visiting my cousins in Cannon City CO. We were shooting various things with a 22.

My cousin shoot at a target on the ground about 5 feet away

One round hit a rock and the 22 lr ricochet hit in the right shoulder did not penetrate very deep.

Hurt like hell. Pulled it out with grimy fingers cleaned and still have the scar.

The cousin is now a correctional officer at the super max there in CO.

So Buford shoot off his own finger.... very interesting.

A friend of mine was out shooting old junk cars in the desert. He was using a shotgun with carious loads from birdshot to 00 buck. He said he squared up and shot at a mastercylinder power booster. He said the majority of the shot came back and lodged in his stomache. He stumbled back to his car as he was bleeding profusely. He hopped in and tried to start the car, nothing. He had been working on the starter earlier in the day so he climbed under the car and began to wiggle wires and finally got the car started. He said he spent a few days in the hospital after surgery. Doctors to him it was close because of all the blood he had lost.

Not really hit by a bullet but this resulted in an injury. While in the military we were at a range teaching privates how to load and fire the M60 machine gun. We were teaching using blanks so if anything odd happened no one should get hurt. And as anyone who has been in the military knows the blank adapters for the M60 had problems. Well one private was having problems with the MG cycling, an indication that the blank adapter had again worked loose. A SSG was working on the blank adapter under the assumption the gun had been cleared and even if it hadn't how dangerous was a malfunctioning gun shooting blanks could be? Well the SSG told the private "NO" as the private reached for the trigger. The private, because of the hearing protection, heard "GO" and pulled the trigger. We the MG did function for at least one round. Turned out the SSG had his finger either in front of or covering the opening in the end of the blank adapter. Took off about 1/2 his finger but the sad part was that the blast blew up the middle joint of the finger. The doctors told him they couldn't attache the finger again or if they did it owuld be useless anyways because of the extent of the damage.

Then there was the endless supply of Afghan police officers. At least every other week one had shot himself in the ass while holstering. Funny part was they were using S&W Sigmas with what had to be a 15 pound trigger. I could never figure out how they did it but they did.

Dolomite

Guest Lester Weevils
My landloord when I used to rent built pallets. He had a nail go in under the skin of one of his fingers. The nail didn't come back out but stayed under the skin and wrapped around the bone just under the skin. Took a pretty substantial surgery to remove it.

Dolomite

Accidentally shot an 18 gauge finish nail thru my finger. Was tacking on a quarter-inch plywood cabinet back. Would put the finger there to help position the nail gun, then remove finger and fire, rinse and repeat. One time I didn't remove the finger fast enough.

Nail went all the way thru and got lost on the shop floor. It probably didn't go thru bone. Probably bounced around the bone, but somehow the entry and exit holes lined up straight thru the finger. Maybe it did a wrapping maneuver such as you describe but had enough energy to keep going.

Wasn't that bad. Turned black and blue and swelled up like a sausage for a couple of days.

Guest db99wj

Bird shot dove hunting, damn low bird. Have a friend that had a ND and shot a phone, shrapnel ended up in his face. When I was little, with the help of my older brother we were taking shotgun primers from my dads reloading supply and hitting them with a hammer. Made a nice loud pop. Well I must of hit it at an angle, it flew out from the hammer and ended up in my foot, off to get it surgically removed.

6c53c4fc-9dd1-ff33.jpg

Guest Sgt. Joe

What a thread!!! Who woulda thunk that there was so many crazy folks here:rolleyes:

My first ever time home on leave from the Army I went to visit a friend and get drunk, it was what we did back then.

We are out in the yard and the neighbor lady across the street comes out and starts yelling at my friend. I ask him if he is still feuding with her and he says "Yea she has taken to shooting at me" of course I was a bit shocked and he had said it so calmly it didnt seem real.

So I ask him..."are you serious" ....."sure I am watch I'll show ya, but dont worry she cant hit :poop:". Dude had his stereo speakers out in the yard as most of us did back then to listen to music while he was working on the numerous cars in the yard. So he goes over and cranks the music up a bit. The lady then yells that if he dont turn it down that she will shoot his A**. My friend then says "Watch this" and cranks the music wide open.

Sure enough the lady goes back on to her porch and then comes out and is shooting a 38 at us. My friend barely even looks up from what he is doing as I hear a round hit one of the cars, a few more rounds go off before I feel something on my leg. As quick as she had came out she goes back in her house. Now I am standing there looking at my leg thinking that I had been shot but wondering why it does not hurt real bad and why it isnt bleeding very much. I am also worried that she will come back but my friend says "dont worry she wont shoot no more today"

OOOOOOK:rolleyes:

As it turns out I must have caught a ricochet off of the road or the sidewalk. It took a small piece of the bone about six inches above my ankle but that was all. My friend got the hose and rinsed my leg off and told me that I would be fine. I had kinda already figured that out but was very concerned that the old bat was gonna come back out. My friend tells me that she wont but that the police will be there in a few minutes.

This was way before cell phones so I wonder how the heck he would know that as he had not gone in to call anyone and I was pretty sure the lady would not have called them. He tells me that the other neighbor always called when the lady shot her gun.

Sure enough a few minutes later here comes the cops. In the meantime I had cleaned up my little wound and put a regular band-aid on the thing. Since I was OK and my friend had good reason to not want to do too much talking with the Police they were not there very long. He told them that she was shooting at something in the tree in her front yard. The Officer asks him if he is sure about that and he says that he is. The officer then looked at me with that "I know better look" but he never said a word to me.

Since we were in the county there was no laws about discharging a gun. The Police Officer did go speak with the lady for a minute or two and came back and said that she denied shooting at anything. He then tells my friend that "One day she is going to hit you, you know" my friend says "Yea well I doubt it". And that was the end of it.

Now my young butt was pretty scared through all of this as I had never been shot at before, my friend on the other hand did not seem fazed at all by the incident. I got myself a little scar that is very hard to see these days due to all the hair on my legs and I can feel where the small piece of bone is missing from the leg bone but that is the extent of the damage from that day. It did not hurt much at all when it happened but did hurt like hell the next morning after I was no longer drunk and for a few more days afterward.

I never did know just what started it all and I dont think that my friend really did either but him and that lady went at it for many more years until she finally passed away. She shot at him several more times but I was never there for any of it although he proudly showed me some holes in his porch some years later and said "she almost got me that day".

That friend was nearly 10 years older than me, I met him when I was but 13 years old. I learned more from that man than any other person that I ever have in my life. He was a friend, the brother I never had and at times even a dad.

Sadly he passed away in Aug of 2007, that was one tough ride to FL as I had spoken with him on the phone Thursday, Friday and again Saturday morning. He left me a msg later that Sat. that I still have on my phone.

Sunday morning his son called me and "Sonny" had died in his sleep Sat. night. He had always said that was how he wanted to go and that is how he went. Honestly, given his lifestyle and habits I am surprised he lived as long as he did.

So yea I guess one could say I have been shot.....sort of, but I have no desire to be anymore shot than I was that day even if it did not hurt much.:koolaid:

Yup...hold on now...you don't suppose....naw...it wasn't revenge...I mean...he missed

:koolaid:

I think I might have been 10 or 11 when I somehow got hold of a box of .22 LR. My neighbor across the back lot had died and I was playing on her porch. I had a few cartridges in my pocket and picked one out and threw it as hard as I could at the sidewalk...NEVER tell your kid that a bullet has to have a barrel to shoot, (thanks Dad) the bullet hit the porch post I was hiding next to...not behind...I wasn't that fast. It buried itself about 1/4 inch deep. I keep dredging my memory and coming up with stuff I did as a kid....anyone wanna hear about halloween and the case of very old dynamite?

My friend Dan bought a california custom 51 merc...coolest car in town...his friend Ed was home on leave...Ed had just finished Explosives and Demolition School in the Army. He brought home a bunch of Det cord and detonaters. It's Halloween...it's Friday night.. we're a bunch of bored kids from influenical families ( my dad's the Prosecutor, Dan's dad owned the most expensive restaurant in 100 miles, Ed's dad owned a huge farm)...Dan knew where there was a case of dynamite (he didn't mention that it was so old that the ends were wet) Car...kids... Dynamite and detonaters. The Court House lawn had a 155 "long tom" in front of the Flagpole and I had a bunch of wheelweights and a saucepan that "just fit" the bore. This would be mid 1950's. Some time ago I had melted the wheelweights in the pan and I mentioned that the lead plug would fit the cannon...ayup. A couple of sticks down the pipe...wrapped the plug in an old blanket and rammed the thing down the barrel and lit a sloooow fuse. We left and were a couple miles out when it went off. The plug was never found (I need to explain that Main Street is a mile and a half long and it's clear farmland for about 8 miles after. The gun wouldn't train or elevate and the breech and all it's assorted parts were welded shut ... notice the use of the word "were"...) Oh...while this is going on, Ed mentioned to Dan that the dynamite has a wet end and said we were doing the National Guard a favor by getting "rid" of it. This was back when the old country schools were being abandoned and students were being bused. We solved the demolition problem for the county that night. The last thing Ed did was make a little change in a stop sign...He moved it from one side to the other ...seems that his "arch enemy" drove that road drunk on Friday nights...we waited...he came along...stopped...started off..and parked his car in the ditch...passed out...we moved the sign back...after driving drunk Friday nights for 5 years he finally got caught. Ed was satisfied.

Then there's the time I was living outside Ranchester, Wy, and listening to "Tradio" on the radio. "My dog has a sty in his eye and I need some blackpowder" I couldn't resist...I called...BAD mistake. This old lady lived on the back side of beyond and she said she needed some powder to blow in the dogs eye and that it would get rid of the sty...the finer the better. I had 4f... Got directions..loaded the kids up in "The Big Truck" (4x4 Dodge Van) gathered up the wife and off we went. Two hours later we found it...I gave her some powder...she blew it in the dogs eye. He ran around the house a million times and we went to look at her llamas. She said...you look like a strong fella...I have a bucket in the shed over yonder...could you get it and pour out the dynamite that's in it. Ayup...I didn't just snatch it down though, I got a box and peeked over the edge...3 inches of nitro and a bunch of waxy red sticks. I said I couldn't...wouldn't...touch it but I know some one who would. I called the National Guard and they blew up her shed!

you guys got me reliving "those golden days of yesteryear"...Wayne, Bill, Ricky and I were having a BB gun fight with forts. When I was a kid fridges and freezers came in 2 or 3 ply wooden crates and we lived a block from the alley behind the Western Auto store. There were two of the crates that nestled together perfectly. Sand from the sand box between the two crates and you had a fort that was impervious to BB's and most pellets...yeah. sure. We're peppering the boxes through the ports and Wayne and I both shot at Bills port just as he raised the can bottom flap...one of us got his tooth...the other got his eye. Bill used to unscrew the peg tooth before every football game and the school insurance paid Seventy Five dollars for a lost tooth. When we got older he stopped I don't know how many fights in bars..."I don't like the way you look!" He'd take out his glass eve and toss it in the troublemakers beer. It's hard to fight when you're puking.