who's been shot?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Wow... so he was sleeping with his daughter, thought you knew, and thought you were going to tell his wife, so he was going to murder you and make it look like an accident? Heckuva BiL.

Guest Bronker
...in Sheridan...

Whew...I spent a month there one night. Best I can recall. Actually was the Kerns place in Parkman.

Details are sketchy, but I recall there being gunfire. No bullet holes for me though.

Ok...I'm back...Well...btw it's my nephew and niece and they're his kids. So...he couldn't make it in MI HE SOLD MY TRAILER while he was there.. my wife and the pastor said I had to forgive him..so I lost my travel trailer. He comes back and we're working together again (he hated working with me but I made him money)...he makes a deal with a buddy of mine for an RG(?) single action piece of junk and asked me to build him a "fast draw western style holster" I did...When I took the gun and holster to him I had unloaded the gun...I'd checked and practiced with it so I KNOW it's unloaded. I handed him the holster and gun...he put it on...(here comes the scary part) he did a couple of fast draws...pulling the trigger...and BANG! The bullet goes over my head and is heading for his wife when it hits a solid oak wood turning his second son had made in shop class. The bullet almost made it all the way through...one of the grooves in the bullet caught on the last fiber of wood...slowed it down...stopped it and it hit his wife in the foot. the turning not the bullet. I snatched the gun out of his hand and there were 2 more bullets in it. I don't know how he loaded it but I'm sure he did. So, now I won't go anywhere with him when he has a gun. 3 or 4 months later his kid says, "Wanna go bird hunting?" "Sure." When we get to the ranch, Gene is there...with a shotgun. He turns and says hi and the gun goes off and shoots his kid in the arm. That's it...now I won't go anywhere with them...period. 7 years later...after his NASTY divorce, when it comes out in court that he's sleeping with all 4 daughters and three sons and filming it...and selling the movies...my son got him drunk and Gene confessed that he'd been trying to kill me and making it look "accidental"

Whew...I spent a month there one night. Best I can recall. Actually was the Kerns place in Parkman.

Details are sketchy, but I recall there being gunfire. No bullet holes for me though.

I should tell you about my Dodge Power Wagon with the 12 guage hole in the windshiled and brains all over the back...that was a Parkman truck.

Are you sure you're not from Tennessee? :P

That's one helluva story!

My ex wife's kin are from Eastern Kentucky (5 million people and two last names)

and she's a professional story teller..you should hear tell this!!!

Guest rebeldrummer

Goodness man....what a crazy story/life/ex-bro in law!!! I think I might just take him out hunting ONE LAST TIME....way way way out there. Maybe some unfortunate accident befalls him? You have to go for help? Well....then the story is yours to tell !! Ha ha ha....lol.

Guest Bronker
I should tell you about my Dodge Power Wagon with the 12 guage hole in the windshiled and brains all over the back...that was a Parkman truck.

I have a Red Grade story...It started at the Mint Bar with Dana and his derby hat. When it was over, two guys went to jail, one to the ER and we went back to Parkman.

Guest Bronker

I have a Red Grade story...It started at the Mint Bar with Dana and his derby hat. When it was over, two guys went to jail, one to the ER and we went back to Parkman.

I...as nasty mean as I used to be...never...I mean NEVER...went in the Mint...although I knew some of the girls.

I once took a piece of 1/2 thick lexan and layed it up against a log. I then stood off 20 feet with my Ruger Mark II. The round struck the lexan dead center, then bounced back and hit me right in the nads. It didn't break the skin, but it dropped me to my knees. The lexan had only a scratch. I quess shot place is more important than energy.

Guest Bronker
I...as nasty mean as I used to be...never...I mean NEVER...went in the Mint...although I knew some of the girls.

Wild bunch at the Double Rafter. I spent several weeks with them pushing cows to summer pasture on a lease up in the Bighorns; then back down in the Fall. 50 miles with 200+ cow / calf pairs, 11 bulls and a few horses. All of that with 15 people and a good dog (a dog that was worth 10 people).

Those were the days. The toughest men I've ever been around, but the most fair and kind folks I'll ever met.

Sorry to derail your thread, Buc. I just got to reminiscing. You should hear my Forsyth / Ingomar stories. Even better!

Guest Grout

I shot myself not with a firearm per se but with a powder actuated nail gun.I was going to shoot some wall ties into a steel beam to anchor blocks to it.I used the hottest powder load available for the gun.I was on a scaffold and the way it was set up I had to press the gun against the steel and wrap my left arm around the opposite side of the beam to hold on.It must have been some really soft steel because when I shot the nail it went through the beam breaking apart and sending pieces of the nail and the beam into my left arm,I picked pieces of metal out of my arm for 3 days.

Guest mosinon

I'll play.

In the mid eighties we were having a BB gun war. Standard stuff, ten pump rule and all. New kid, just moved in wants to play. He allows that he has a BB gun and we decide to let him play. His first shot and obvious penetration, my poor thigh. Not too much blood. right through my shorts though. I am pissed but he swears it was only one pump, says his BB gun won't pump more than once. I'm sure he's lying and wondering if I should kick the crap out of him when he further tells us his gun won't shoot regular BBs. But, it turns out, it will shoot pellets one of which was lodged in my thigh. I imagine it is still there. BB guns wars were def not allowed and the hole was small so I just never told anyone. It healed up and it didn't hurt that bad.

I hadn't thought about this incident for years. But now that I know more I wonder if he was telling the truth, I wonder if it was a single pump pellet gun. They make those now that run 900 fps or so but back then all I knew was the crossman BB combo gun. And red riders. Can kids even have BB guns anymore?

Not that that compares to the earlier stories. Outstanding.

Guest BEARMAN

Got stung with some bird shot while dove hunting down on Cheatham WMA, back

around '95 by an unknown hunter.

Thankfully it did not break the skin; however, it still hurt like the dickens.

Damn low flying birds!:P

I once took a piece of 1/2 thick lexan and layed it up against a log. I then stood off 20 feet with my Ruger Mark II. The round struck the lexan dead center, then bounced back and hit me right in the nads. It didn't break the skin, but it dropped me to my knees. The lexan had only a scratch. I quess shot place is more important than energy.

Holy crap! And to think, I was feeling sorry for bajabuc and his misfortunes.