Well i crossed over to the dark side today!

Guest m7cjk

Guest m7cjk

I just purchased a Glock 19 to carry, Since i recieved my permit i have been carring a S&W 1989 model 6906- ive thought long and hard over all models and decided to take the plunge to the dark side:D:D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EyeOfMidnight

I'm personally not big on Glocks, but glad to hear you found a gun you like! For a second, I thought the title was referring to you joining the Brady Campaign. lol

Guest m7cjk

I was looking at the

I got the Glock 19 because it was only a few more or less then these other choices and someone ruined me and let me shoot his Glock

Ruger sr9c really like but i do alot of indoor range shooting littler small

M&P 9 ev1 told me trigger sucks

3.8 compact Springfield weight keep me thinking alittler heavy

Dream gun almost any 1911

Guest Bronker
Glocks are great "starter" guns.
I was thinking about that also

After the starter gun (Glock 19) what would be next one? Glock 26.....

Since I have a fully functioning 'sarcasm meter', I'll take this one...

What the counselor was referring to is that once you learn to artificially appreciate the finer attributes and delicacies of the modern firearm, you'll ditch the 'girl next door' and get you a 'trophy wife' like the Sig Sauer.

What the counselor neglects to inform the defendant is that he is full of biased, high-road horse-hockey pucks.:P

Glocks rule, and when the dust settles and the glamour fades from the Homecoming Queen, the Austrian Princess will be there to catch you.

As an aside...I too am full of the same aforementioned horse-hockey, and can't believe I spent a few minutes coming up with this stuff :(

(Love ya Papa...mean it!:D)

What the counselor was referring to is that once you learn to artificially appreciate the finer attributes and delicacies of the modern firearm, you'll ditch the 'girl next door' and get you a 'trophy wife' like the Sig Sauer.

What the counselor neglects to inform the defendant is that he is full of biased, high-road horse-hockey pucks.:P

Glocks rule, and when the dust settles and the glamour fades from the Homecoming Queen, the Austrian Princess will be there to catch you.

As an aside...I too am full of the same aforementioned horse-hockey, and can't believe I spent a few minutes coming up with this stuff :(

I understand where he is coming from. I have a prom queen in my future. If not for a small purchase yesturday I would be relieving a forum member of his Elite Dark today.

LOL. Guilty as charged and right back at ya. I just couldn't resist tweaking the Glock crowd a bit. Glocks are very utilitarian weapons. Some though prefer sports cars to four door sedans.

Guest m7cjk

When you get you a 'trophy wife' She cost a whole lot more, When she starts to whine she cost you double and if you wanted a used 'trophy wife' you just cant find one on every corner:);):)

Nothin' wrong with a Glock, especially a 19. Light, reliable, and the perfect size. Just don't point it at your butt. They don't tell you that in the book. ;)

Yeah, you can point a cocked, safety off, 1911 at you butt all day and pull the trigger. The 1911 just knows that it isn't supposed to hurt you and it won't go off.

Fact is, if you don't pull the trigger, no gun is going to hurt you.

I own over a dozen revolvers and I EDC a revolver. The only SD semi-auto I own is a Glock 23. It has a NY#1 trigger and is just as safe as any other gun I might carry, as long as as I don't pull the trigger.

Guest TheRev.

Sweet pistol! As soon as I can find one for sale with a grip reduction done or one cheap enough to do a build I may get one, I am just not big on the grip angle. I may get one though, someday...

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I would have gotten a 19 if the 4th gen one I rented & tried hadnt jammed up like a Jennings Saturday Night special hehehe.

Did you get a 3rd or 4th Gen 19? If you got the 4th Gen, have you had any malfunctions yet?

I wish Glocks had some other sort of safety on them also. I've heard of so many people getting a bad case of Glock butt that they kind of freak me out as an EDC. At least with a gun with a grip safety or something like that you know that if just the trigger gets hit going in you arent gonna shoot your ass off. :)

I would have gotten a 19 if the 4th gen one I rented & tried hadnt jammed up like a Jennings Saturday Night special hehehe.

Did you get a 3rd or 4th Gen 19? If you got the 4th Gen, have you had any malfunctions yet?

I wish Glocks had some other sort of safety on them also. I've heard of so many people getting a bad case of Glock butt that they kind of freak me out as an EDC. At least with a gun with a grip safety or something like that you know that if just the trigger gets hit going in you arent gonna shoot your ass off. :)

grip safety really doesn't make a gun any safer if you think about it. When you go to holster a gun with a grip safety then obviously your had is going to depress the grip safety.

I've owned both Glocks and XD's and I don't think one is any safer than the other. The only reason people shoot themselves in the butt with Glocks is because they are negligent.