Diamondback 9x19

I saw the new Diamondback 9mm today. It's a 6+1 and very thin. It's hands down the smallest 9mm I've seen. Anyone heard range reports from these. I know there have been some issues with the .380. This would make a GREAT pocket pistol if found to be reliable. Thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nysos

Diamondback DB9 you mean? I remember reading about them on a different forum a few months back. I did a little digging shortly after that and there is a decent amount of info out there if I recall, I don't recall them being bad guns. Where did you see one by chance? Bill's outpost I assume since your recent post over there? When I was chatting with the guys there, they mentioned they were trying to get some in. So far the pocket 9 that I am looking at getting is the kimber solo, just for the fact it has had the best trigger, and was most comfortable in my hands compared to any of the other guns in its class. With having some of these locally will have to stop by this weekend to check out the db9 to see how it fits, it may take the place for the pocket 9 I will buy.

edit: Found the thread on sigforum where a guy got one that I remember reading

New pocket-pistol. DB9 - Topic

Guest nysos

I agree, the price is a great selling point. The ruger LC9 is ok, and I was going to consider it...but after seeing comparison pictures (and one in person) I ruled it out quickly. It is just much too large compared to the other true pocket 9s. Definitely need to drop by and see how the DB fits the hand.

I also have a db380 that runs like a swiss watch, the db9 has had an issue with the follower in the mags, causing stove pipes and miss feeds, they have a new follower they are shipping that is suppose to resolve this issue, as per dbtalk forum

I also have a db380 that runs like a swiss watch, the db9 has had an issue with the follower in the mags, causing stove pipes and miss feeds, they have a new follower they are shipping that is suppose to resolve this issue, as per dbtalk forum

good info there, I'll have to check up on that. Is there a distinction between followers that would be noticable in the store? to avoid this issue prior to purchase

Guest friesepferd

I'll quietly admit that I have heard nothing but bad things about it... but don't take that to heart. Shoot it a lot and see how it works for you.

This .380 model story has me concerned about the engineering & materials. If they've made a change/design update with the 9mm version, it would make me feel better. I was looking forward to these guns when first announced. Nice pocket pistols that look very Glock-ish and I was hoping for "Glock-ish" reliability.

good info there, I'll have to check up on that. Is there a distinction between followers that would be noticable in the store? to avoid this issue prior to purchase
not that i am aware of, they also are having some internal rail break , which they also had in the db380 until they made them out of a different metal, i think i will wait another 6 months for the bugs to work out before i by, right now happy with the db380

camp,

I am sorry to read that the DB9 has rail issues. This gun was sort of high on my wish list. Now I will have to wait and while away the time trying to find out what is allegedly wrong with my NTM Gen 4 Glock 19 2-part recoil rod, if anything. A fella gave me this one in lieu of cash owed. I am always a sucker for a functional Glock 9mm. But the DB9 reminds me of a little itty bitty Glock in many ways. However, it needs to be reliable.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bulluck533
camp,

I am sorry to read that the DB9 has rail issues. This gun was sort of high on my wish list. Now I will have to wait and while away the time trying to find out what is allegedly wrong with my NTM Gen 4 Glock 19 2-part recoil rod, if anything. A fella gave me this one in lieu of cash owed. I am always a sucker for a functional Glock 9mm. But the DB9 reminds me of a little itty bitty Glock in many ways. However, it needs to be reliable.

Craig

Of what i have heard all the issues with Glock Gen 4's have been worked out.

A couple of weeks ago I traded my Gen 4 19 for a DB9. My DB 9 had catastrophic failure after 3 magazines of 115 grain SV ammo. I sent it back to DB today. I'll let you know the outcome. What went wrong on mine? The sear will not reset under normal operating conditions and the feed ramp on the barrel developed a minor chip at the bottom. I had high hopes for this pistol as it reminded me of my Glocks in many ways. However, at this time I can't say that DB can equal Glock in reliability or durability. After taking the gun apart I know what the problem is but I am not sure DB can reliably rectify the problem. At any rate I would not carry this gun without 500 rds of no MALFS using good 115 grain SV ammo and then test with your favorite SV JHP. I had 3 mags. I hope DB is able to fix the problem so that I can view the gun as a reliable Self Defense pistol or else I may end up "eating it".

A couple of weeks ago I traded my Gen 4 19 for a DB9. My DB 9 had catastrophic failure after 3 magazines of 115 grain SV ammo. I sent it back to DB today. I'll let you know the outcome. What went wrong on mine? The sear will not reset under normal operating conditions and the feed ramp on the barrel developed a minor chip at the bottom. I had high hopes for this pistol as it reminded me of my Glocks in many ways. However, at this time I can't say that DB can equal Glock in reliability or durability. After taking the gun apart I know what the problem is but I am not sure DB can reliably rectify the problem. At any rate I would not carry this gun without 500 rds of no MALFS using good 115 grain SV ammo and then test with your favorite SV JHP. I had 3 mags. I hope DB is able to fix the problem so that I can view the gun as a reliable Self Defense pistol or else I may end up "eating it".
This is a shame. Surely a 9 mm can be made in this size that is reliable. Hope DB fixes your gun and the quality of production
Volume wise the Kahr and CM9 may be about equal in size but they are both quite a bit thicker with a blockier feel. I've fired both, they are good guns but even they are a bit thick for a pocket gun. The DB9 is definitely a pocket gun.

DB is longer. Kahr is .1 inch thicker. Thats one tenth of one inch. You must have little munchkin hands and leprechaun pockets. ;)

Weight difference is most significant departure though, maybe 4-5 oz depending on whether DB's spec is with/wo mag. Then again, that's probably why the Kahrs work. ;)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
DB is longer. Kahr is .1 inch thicker. Thats one tenth of one inch. You must have little munchkin hands and leprechaun pockets. :up: Weight difference is most significant departure though, maybe 4-5 oz depending on whether DB's spec is with/wo mag. Then again, that's probably why the Kahrs work. ;) -OS

It might not seem like much but there is a noticeable thickness difference. But more important is your point on weight. Even empty the Khar really pulls but the db 9 doesn't…quite possibly a placebo affect though, as I haven't actually carried either