Man, I'm dyin' here!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

It is very, very hot. I mean the air feels like it's actually burning when I step outside. FWIW I prefer cold to hot. But an extreme in either direction is never fun, and this is extreme.

I'm with ya'll ... ... "hot" just doesn't do justice to what we're having. But for what it's worth, try it with about 40 - 45 pounds of bunker gear and SCBA, nomex hood and helmet. Then head into a burning building. It's almost literally jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Glad I'm too old for that, and that the young(er) guys are taking up the slack ...

I prefer Hawaii, always 80° and a light breeze, but then you are stuck on an island 4,000 miles from anything…

That wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't for all the other people on the island with you. I envy Tom Hanks and his volley ball quite a bit.

Guest GunTroll
That wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't for all the other people on the island with you. I envy Tom Hanks and his volley ball quite a bit.

Wilson was the man. Tom not so much.

I suspect there is a direct relation to heat and obesity. If any of you are obese and are offended by my comment, go for a walk or something instead of reading my rambles. I truly think they are related in some way. The opposite too perhaps. If it negative ball freezing temps outside you'd probably stay inside and eat too! But then again you can always carve abs in bed :leaving: . I saw CO has the healthiest population with its mild year round mild-ish temps. And the top three bad aka "FAT" pop.'s was here in the south. When its hot like this, beer and chips please :D .

Wilson was the man. Tom not so much.

I suspect there is a direct relation to heat and obesity. If any of you are obese and are offended by my comment, go for a walk or something instead of reading my rambles. I truly think they are related in some way. The opposite too perhaps. If it negative ball freezing temps outside you'd probably stay inside and eat too! But then again you can always carve abs in bed :leaving: . I saw CO has the healthiest population with its mild year round mild-ish temps. And the top three bad aka "FAT" pop.'s was here in the south. When its hot like this, beer and chips please :D .

The EAST SLOPE has "mild-ish temps"...the eastern part is as cold as Kansas. The mountains are cold as ...well...you know what. (that's why skiing is so popular there) The west slope is barely livable. Denver is wonderful. Denver is also where I saw the first shuttle explode. (on TV...live)

My job requires me to be outside. I don't have to be in it all day, but most of it anyway. Jeez, has the summers really been this hot in the past and youth on my side, I didn't take notice? I've been working outside for 7 years now, I don't recall it ever being so hot. I've been praying for snow, but the man ain't sending any for a while. B)

This heat sucks. I'm ready to move on top of some snow capped mountain.

I'm a forester, so I'm outside a lot, climbing through brush a lot. The last 4-5 years have been pretty consistently hot as hell in July, Aug, and early Sept. 2004 & 2005 had some cooler days mixed throughout the summer which was nice, but We haven't had any of those lately. I remember in July of 2005 hey high for a couple days in a row was 70-75. I long for those days sometimes

Back when I was much younger, I used to do AC & heating. Spend 8-10 hours in the attic on a day like today. I remember coming downstairs and going outside when it was 98. I remember thinking, "What a beautiful day it is out here!" 98 in the sun literally felt awesome. Now I sit in an air conditioned office, but I still sweat.

Guest GunTroll
The EAST SLOPE has "mild-ish temps"...the eastern part is as cold as Kansas. The mountains are cold as ...well...you know what. (that's why skiing is so popular there) The west slope is barely livable. Denver is wonderful. Denver is also where I saw the first shuttle explode. (on TV...live)

Barely livable. You have been in the south too long!

Not AS bad today, but it's still too darn hot.

Man that west slope must be arctic if it's barely livable. I function perfectly down as low high 20's low 30's.

I swear if I were straight out of high school all over again, I'd take a college course for Russian, pack me up a good supply of "THINGS", buy a couple of Mosins and disappear into eastern Russia close to Alaska, never to be found again. No one to bother you but arthritis, bears and wolves.

Yes I hate the heat that bad.

Richard Louis "Dick" Proenneke was and is my hero.

Edited by Caster
Guest nicemac

I was in Michigan last week. We couldn't sit out on the patio very late in the evening because it got too cool to be comfortable with jackets (which we didn't take). Was up there for the July 4th holiday back in 2007 and it was in the 40's.

I was in Michigan last week. We couldn't sit out on the patio very late in the evening because it got too cool to be comfortable with jackets (which we didn't take). Was up there for the July 4th holiday back in 2007 and it was in the 40's.

Not to sound tacky, but I'd waller around in the grass in my boxer shorts (only) if it was 40 degrees outside. :D

Guest GunTroll

Man that west slope must be arctic if it's barely livable. I function perfectly down as low high 20's low 30's.

high 20's low 30's can be a hot day in the winter on the western side of the divide. You'll see the loc's wearing t-shirts while the southern vacationers where those funny looking face mask while skiing. I never lived on the west slope of CO though. Lived on the west slope of WY in Jackson and I remember a Jan where it never got over +10 in the daytime -30 was the norm for night time temps but it got lower at times without a wind chill. Its the wind that can chew you up out west. Don't expose skin and you'll be fine...for a while. Man I miss those days. I have a five year plan that I hope to get done it two ;) . I hate the heat!

Guest Broomhead

This heat just downright sucks! Before my Gastric Bypass I could handle it with no problem, yeah I'd be soaked in sweat after 5 minutes, but it didn't bother me. Now, though, it's worse. I seem to sweat more now.

On a normal day, staying inside or in the cool for most of the time, I have to drink a minimum of 64ozs to stay hydrated. I go outside, in the heat, and after 30 minutes I start getting a headache and I know I'm already dehydrated. Doc told me that I will probably need to start drinking 80ozs to stay moist. Well, It's actually closer to +100ozs, and after any amount of time, >30mins, I look like I just jumped into a swimming pool with my clothes on.

I'd trade every calendar day over 90 degrees for 2 under 40 degrees in a hearbeat. Can't get naked enough to make a difference in this heat.

Besides, in the winter snuggling up to my wife to get lucky is easier. In this heat she says get the hell off me are you outta your mind?

Guest GunTroll
I'd trade every calendar day over 90 degrees for 2 under 40 degrees in a hearbeat. Can't get naked enough to make a difference in this heat.

Besides, in the winter snuggling up to my wife to get lucky is easier. In this heat she says get the hell off me are you outta your mind?

HAHAHA! ME too!