The Picture Thread

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

I did this on another forum recently, and it was pretty successful, so I'll give it a shot here, let's see if we can keep 'er going!

Post a picture that YOU took. If possible, tell us date, location, what the subject is (if it's not clear), type of camera you shot it with, and if applicable what lens. If you want, you can include the ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture but it's not required.

It can be anything at all, it's not limited to anything in particular (so long as it doesn't violate the forum guidelines).

NAS Pensacola Airshow (USN Blue Angels)

November 13, 2010

NAS Pensacola, FL

Canon 5D-MKII w/ 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS lens

1097586563_QByfZ-M-1.jpg

you can see more of my photography by following the link in my sig.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Credit goes to my brother who captured the following shots with: Sony A200 with an 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens, most shots are on f4 with an 8 to 13 second exposure. These pictures were taken back on April 26, 2011 near Memphis.

WEgH8.jpg

ts2kE.jpg

r3TiG.jpg

KdWRm.jpg

xtTOA.jpg

Edited by StreetWK05
Guest nashvegas

F-15 Refueling approach

F15Approach.jpg

F-15 Ghosts

F15Ghosts.jpg

Mario Andretti Lotus at Long Beach Grand Prix in 1979

Lotusontrack.jpg

Mario Andretti and Colin Chapman

MarioColin.jpg

Edited by nashvegas

Where: Road Atlanta after turn 10a and 10b

What: NASA Race

When: 2008

Who: Tom Brooks - Cypress Racing - Corvette Race Car

Camera: NikonD70

5972_101915956488726_10000010967076.jpg

Where: The Varsity Atlanta

What: Car meet

When: 2007

Who: My Corvette and two others that parked next to it.

Camera: Can't remember

IMG_3794.jpg

Guest WyattEarp

I apologize for the watermarks, but someone on another forum decided they wanted to steal my photos for their own personal use, so I had no choice in the matter, have to protect my images.

a little wide angle panorama fun here.

MTSU Spring Football Game back in April

Canon 5D-MkII

16-35mm f/2.8 lens

Panning left to right I took 7 shots and stitched them together with Photoshop CS5's Photomerge utility.

1246149717_HoksW-M-3.jpg

you can see the full size image by going to the Gallery and mouse over the image on the right hand side and click on Original when the menu pops up.

http://drewgphotography.smugmug.com/Sports/MTSUFootball/16543743_T8LJD#1246149717_HoksW

Very nice work, Drew. Your in-flight shots of the air shows are terrific.

thanks hipower! I'm getting better, but I was a tad limited with my 5D-MKII, not a very good action camera, but the new 7D I traded down for should be ready to rock n roll for the Memphis airshow. I just hope it's nice and sunny with no clouds.

Guest WyattEarp
well, I tried a different browser. Still getting an invalid URL error message. I've posted plenty of pictures here before.

TGO and pBase not playing well apparently

for some reason the insert picture icon, then pasting the url of the image is not working.

try this

then insert the address of the image between the two bracketed tags.

Guest WyattEarp

Photo of my Accord. I spent a little time in photoshop cleaning up the front bumper.

Canon 7D

24-105mm f/4

Spring Hill, TN

03 Honda Accord

i-Kdxh4r7-XL.jpg

Guest nicemac

All of these were taken with a Canon 10D or 20D. Lens is either 24-70L or 70-200IS L.

Maui Luau, 2008

8342.jpg

Sunrise over Haleakala crater. Maui, 2008

8148.jpg

The road to the airport. Monrovia, Liberia, 2006

5779.JPG

Great Wall of China at Badaling, 2003

2642.jpg

Chinese Kindergarten in Beijing, 2003

Girl.jpg

Wright Patterson AFB, 2007

7571.JPG

Guest sqlightning
Photo of my Accord. I spent a little time in photoshop cleaning up the front bumper.

Canon 7D

24-105mm f/4

Spring Hill, TN

03 Honda Accord

i-Kdxh4r7-XL.jpg

you didn't get it too clean, there is still a bronco's plate on the front :D

Guest WyattEarp
you didn't get it too clean, there is still a bronco's plate on the front :D

better than them buncha bums that play just 30 thirty minutes from here. :D speaking of which Denver comes back to town on Sept 25, I'll be on hand at the game to witness us taking another victory over the Jake Locker led wimps. :D