Flip flops are going to kill you all!!!

Caster

I'd like to share a little revelation I've had.

Out in Coolsprings doing some errands, the wife goes in Walmart. It's about 8:30pm & I hate the dump, so I sit in the car under the a/c munching on some leftover waffle fries from Chik-fila. I'm watching the wife go into the store, and all I see are feet...all wearing flip flops. So I grab a scrap of paper and a pen start counting. In the time it took her to go get a gallon of milk and some hamburger meat I counted 128 people coming and going at the grocery side entrance. Of that 128 sheep, I counted 74 people wearing flip flops or some other useless excuse for foot wear, 9 were in motorized wheelchair-shopping carts and two had no shoes at all!

It's not the lack of preparations that's going to get the masses killed, it's sheer stupidity in not wearing sensible shoes in a potentially hostile environment. Jeez people, first off a grown man, IMO, shouldn't be wearing shower shoes to walmart, ESPECIALLY WEARING WHITE SOCKS! You can't run like a madman wearing flip flops! I tell all this without a care honestly, because much like my second sig line states, I don't have to run faster than the zombies, I just have to run faster than the mob of goofy people wearing stupid shoes.

Nugget of wisdom TGO'ers : Strong supportive shoes and decent cardio can and will be just as valuable as your cary weapon.:)

Be safe, be well, be every vigilant for we know not the hour the virus will fall.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I would NEVER wear flip flops, I still carry a extra pair of Bates side zip boots in the trunk. Normally I wear western boots and guarantee I can out run anyone in flip flops, sandals, and probably tennis shoes too. The Bates boots are for when I need to be extra fast. Grown men should not wear flip flops (even tactical ones)!!

Guys, you should be encouraging, not discouraging the wearing of flip-flops. When it happens you are going to want all the organ socks you can get between you and the undead. And the more are wearing flip flops the better. Just make sure those in your family aren't among them.

Guys, you should be encouraging, not discouraging the wearing of flip-flops. When it happens you are going to want all the organ socks you can get between you and the undead. And the more are wearing flip flops the better. Just make sure those in your family aren't among them.

You are right about the masses being shark chum, but the reason I posted this IS for family. My E-family, TGO brethren.

I like Crocs

+1

I was glad to see this post. I have to do alot of carpooling for the rugrats so I wear Crocs while I am driving around, but I have a pair of running shoes that I keep in the vehicle because you just never know when you will need them.

Guest nysos

I have a pair of flip flops I use for just wearing around inside the house if I am having to step outside to do something on the deck, take the trash up, get mail, etc. - if I am going to be out and about, I want shoes I can move in.

You can have my flip flop when you take them frommy cold, dead feet!!

Actually, my flip flop have one purpose. I wear them to walk from the house to the dock to get on my boat.

The real mystery here is why I actually took the time to write this.

Guest Victor9er
Although I would NEVER wear flip flops, I still carry a extra pair of Bates side zip boots in the trunk. Normally I wear western boots and guarantee I can out run anyone in flip flops, sandals, and probably tennis shoes too. The Bates boots are for when I need to be extra fast. Grown men should not wear flip flops (even tactical ones)!!

I just bought a pair of Bates side zip boots myself! That said, I usually wear tennis shoes pretty much all the time, and have never owned a pair of flip flops. But I figure if TSHTF my tennies will get me to my boots at least.

You can have my flip flop when you take them frommy cold, dead feet!!

Actually, my flip flop have one purpose. I wear them to walk from the house to the dock to get on my boat.

The real mystery here is why I actually took the time to write this.

You just wanted us all to be jealous of your boat and your dock. You have succeeded my friend.

I wear SANDALS, not flip flops. Makes me feel lees like a girl, although I do have them in many colors depending on my outfit. Maybe I will keep some boots in the car just in case the zombies strike.

I'd like to share a little revelation I've had.

Nugget of wisdom TGO'ers : Strong supportive shoes and decent cardio can and will be just as valuable as your cary weapon.:)

Be safe, be well, be every vigilant for we know not the hour the virus will fall.

Another nugget; Well-designed full-face-helmets saves lives, not loud exhausts. ;)

Flip flops are for WalMart shoppers, they go well with wife beaters. :P

Another nugget; Well-designed full-face-helmets saves lives, not loud exhausts. :)

Now THAT'S advice to live by. That and not riding like an @$$hole because your vehicle is more maneuverable, has better acceleration, and you have your own special interest group with special personal injury lawyers who are ready to sue a car driver at the drop of a hat. Incidentally, I see many motorcycle riders wearing flip flops, and they are more often than not going sans helmet as well.

Holy Cow,I thought I was the only living person in the world that thought they were totally useless,I was at Range USA on a Monday morning and a woman came in from the back range with a pretty nasty cut on her foot,Yup you guessed it,wearing flip flops of all the stupid things to wear at a place where there is flying shrapnel,well of coarse I started paying attention to these people.Grown men wearing them also.