Glock 30 :One of the "other baby Glocks"

Tenifer17

I just got a new Glock 30 . Not the SF , but the standard G30 . What a nice pistol . It isn't much bigger at all than my G27 . I just cant understand why Glock put a "bump" on the trigger bar . I hear it was to properly align the trigger bar to the safety plunger . But that has'nt been a problem that I know of in the past on the 21's :screwy:

Here is a pic of it to compare the size to my G27 . Also here is the "bump" on the trigger bar .

Does anyone here know if I can still get a trigger bar without the bump ?

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE !

Yes, you can put an old style trigger bar in the Gen 4 pistols, But the old style trigger bar also has a bump(part# sp07649). I just checked my Gen 3 G30 it has a trigger bar with a bump marked 4256-1.

Tenifer and Glock 30 you're both right, but it is closer in size to the Glock 23.

The Glock 30 is 6.77" long , 4.76" high and 1.27" wide. The Glock 26/27 is 6.29" long, 4.17" high and 1.18" wide. The Glock 19/23 is 6.85" long, 5" high and 1.18" wide.

Edited by Karnage
Guest Victor9er

AFAIK all of the Gen4's have that "bump" on them now. You can either replace it, leave it, or sand it off... though I've heard that if you sand it off you void the warrenty. :screwy:

I just dont like how Glock has tried to fix what did NOT need to be fixed . Who shares my thoughts on that ? I had an early G27 and an early G23 and still have a G17 that is from 1992 . It doesnt have the bump on the trigger bar and still is 100% fine .

I just dont like how Glock has tried to fix what did NOT need to be fixed . Who shares my thoughts on that ? I had an early G27 and an early G23 and still have a G17 that is from 1992 . It doesnt have the bump on the trigger bar and still is 100% fine .

I agree with you. I like the interchangeable backstraps on the Gen 4 , but they should have left the trigger parts the way they were. You could always try modifying a trigger bar as Victor suggested. Just keep a stock part in case it doesn't work or ever needs to be sent in for service.

Edited by Karnage

The G-30 grip is a bit too thick to be comfortable for me so I prefer the G-36 with its single stack magazine and contoured, slimmer slide. In my hand’s it feels better than a G-23, though they are the same in height and length. It is also much more comfortable to shoot with far less muzzle blast and recoil. You also have the option of putting a plus one or plus 2 magazine extension on extra magazines for more rounds carried.

Two things, to keep the vertical extension more rigid (what the Glock Armorer course instructor said today) or to keep the vertical extension centered on the firing pin safety plunger. In either case it appears to me more of a "cosmetic" fix for bureacrats than practical. But it is inexpensive and must keep someone happy.

p.s. If I wasn't hankering after some other non-glock guns right now the 30 is at the top of my need to have next Glock list. In the meantime, I agree with TNWGR, and think the 36 is a teeny bit more practical than the 30. The only thing that bothers me is that the 30 has the reputation of being very very accurate. I don't know if that is proven or just internet rumor. Regardless that "accuracy" rep the G30 has bugs me enough to make me want one. The last G30 I shot, I handed over to my wife to shoot and she shot it better than she shoots her 26 or one of our G19s. Go figure....

I never noticed the bump before, but when I checked my 3rd Gen. G30 it has one. So I looked at my G17, 23, and 27 & they don't have the bump. Now my next question is who cares? They all go bang when the trigger is pulled, bump or no bump. ??? What difference does the bump make?

As has been said earlier, Glock tried to fix something that wasn't broke. If it were me I would have:

1. Done the interchageable backstrap. No brainer here.

2. Pretty the dang thing up a little. I liked those fish-gill serrations I've seen on a small number of them. I'd have kept that on Gen4.

3. Straighten the grip angle a little bit, which is the thing that HALF THE WORLD's POPULATION GRIPES ABOUT!!!!

Gaston can call me anytime for advice. My price is pretty cheap.

Guest The Highlander

I foolishly traded away a G30 a few years ago. Well, probably not foolish, I got a fairly rare Smith N-frame in near-perfect condition, and I can always pick up another Glock. Anyhoo, my G30 was surprisingly accurate for me. I may have to find another one sooner or later.

Just to be the oddball, I vote for the 30 over the 36. Two reasons. I find the 30 much more accurate for me than the 36. And I just plain like the feel of the 30 better. Can't say I could tell much difference in them as far as felt recoil.

In response to an earlier poster. I have had the opposite experience with the g36 and g30. I found that the recoil was more harsh on the 36. I think that the g30 shoots as smooth as the g19.

Big +1. The recoil of a G36 is awful... reminds me of a G27. G30 is mucho better in that department. My favorite is a G21 though!

I am not a Glock fan, but they hit home-runs with the G30 and G30SF. For me, it is the perfect compromise of size, capacity, and .45ACP.

If you use the 9rd mags, it is almost the same size as a G26 or G27. Use the 10rd mag, and it is only slightly smaller than a G19 or G23.

Edited by quietguy

Ha! For those of you who consider the recoil of a G-36 as being bad, try a LW Commander or Officers Model in 45ACP. Neither of these feel bad to me due to grip ange and such but are more noticable than a Combat Commander or Goverment Model. Recoil is subjective and subject to the individual shooters experence level or state of physical fitness. Yes, it's still there and always has been we all simply have our own opinions.

Ha! For those of you who consider the recoil of a G-36 as being bad, try a LW Commander or Officers Model in 45ACP. Neither of these feel bad to me due to grip ange and such but are more noticable than a Combat Commander or Goverment Model. Recoil is subjective and subject to the individual shooters experence level or state of physical fitness. Yes, it's still there and always has been we all simply have our own opinions.

IMHO, there is no comparison in recoil between any size 1911 and a G36. I carry a stainless 1911 officer a lot and I find the recoil bearable. It has a bit of snap to it, but there is enough weight in the frame to help absorb that energy. On the flip side, a G36 frame has a minimum of weight and nothing to absorb said energy. No comparison between a government size 1911 and officer size 1911 just the same!