October 15, 2011 - Middle TN Meet & Shoot @ CMHR

I'm going to talk to the people at Papa's Butts on Tuesday to arrange for some BBQ. I'm planning on getting pulled pork and chicken if that is ok with everyone.

SO... I think I'm up to about 20 people, but I would really like to get a firm headcount. Could everyone who is planning on attending please send me a PM with the number of people in their party? It looks like about 20 so far, but I'd like a better count.

Once I have it, I will be able to get an estimate on the food costs. Also, I think it will work best if everyone brings their own drinks just to make it easier. Let me know if this is good.

Thanks!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'm going to talk to the people at Papa's Butts on Tuesday to arrange for some BBQ. I'm planning on getting pulled pork and chicken if that is ok with everyone.

SO... I think I'm up to about 20 people, but I would really like to get a firm headcount. Could everyone who is planning on attending please send me a PM with the number of people in their party? It looks like about 20 so far, but I'd like a better count.

Once I have it, I will be able to get an estimate on the food costs. Also, I think it will work best if everyone brings their own drinks just to make it easier. Let me know if this is good.

Thanks!

How about this...

My wife and I will stop and get a load of bottled water and a few cases of different Coca-Cola products. We'll try to grab a wash tub or two and we can ice them down on-site ahead of lunchtime. I also have a folding table that we can bring to serve off of.

Whomever is organizing the food (Dan?) please contact me via PM and we can discuss further. Obviously if there is anything folks want special to drink -- non alcoholic -- they should plan to bring it with them. We might be able to pick up a jug or two of sweet tea as well.

Also, has anyone spoken with Charlie Haffner yet about the group's attendance and any special accommodations?

It's looking like my class in Atlanta is going to wrap up early so I'm probably going to be able to make it. Please do not include me on the lunch plans just in case. If I do get to make it I will bring a sammy to eat.Thanks, Mark

So what is the BBQ going to cost per person? If I'm eating, I need to plan on how much money to bring.

And what is the "official time" for the event?

Thanks.

I will talk to the BBQ place on Tuesday to get a price, and then I will post it up here. As far as time, I'm thinking someone mentioned 12:30ish? That sounds good to me.

How about this...

My wife and I will stop and get a load of bottled water and a few cases of different Coca-Cola products. We'll try to grab a wash tub or two and we can ice them down on-site ahead of lunchtime. I also have a folding table that we can bring to serve off of.

Whomever is organizing the food (Dan?) please contact me via PM and we can discuss further. Obviously if there is anything folks want special to drink -- non alcoholic -- they should plan to bring it with them. We might be able to pick up a jug or two of sweet tea as well.

Also, has anyone spoken with Charlie Haffner yet about the group's attendance and any special accommodations?

This sounds good. I've not spoken with anyone at CHMR. I can probably go out there on Tuesday as long as I don't get sent on a call for work. If someone else wants to pursue that aspect, though, they are welcome to it. :0)

I just called Charlie to give him a heads-up. He said "ya'll come on!"

Let's plan on eating at 12:30, so arrive accordingly. If you're just shooting, then probably around 1:00.

Membership is $40 for the year and includes as many visits as you can manage and covers minors that accompany you. It's the best deal anywhere. There's no time limt per visit. Just leave when you're done or closing time, whichever comes first. The CHMR website says it's $40/person, but one of Charlie's range officers told me it covered the whole household when I brought my wife once. You'd probably want to ask Charlie himself to know for sure.

$5 per person for non-members, who must be with a member. There will be plenty of members there (me included) who you can say you're with if you think this will be a one-time visit for you. Just hand Charlie a five-spot and tell him you're with the TGO group. He's easy to find.

It's closed on Thursdays now, but the site doesn't mention that.

<<from the CHMR site>>

Range Schedule

The range is open 7 days a week year round opening at 8AM Monday-Friday and at 9AM on Sundays. On the first weekend of the month, the range is closed in an effort to aid noise reduction for the neighborhood. Range closing times are as follows:

[TABLE=width: 74%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #808000]

January 4:30 February 5:00 March 5:20 April 6:30 May-August 7:00 September 6:30 October 5:30 (5:00 after time change) November 4:30 December 4:00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by monkeylizard

Food has been arranged! Cost is $5 per person and includes pulled pork, chicken, white beans, BBQ beans, potato salad, buns, plates and utensils. I'll be picking it up Saturday morning and will plan on having it out and ready to eat by 12:30. If anyone who hasn't already PM'ed me wants to come out and enjoy some excellent BBQ, let me know ASAP!

This is shaping up to be an excellent day, so come on out! I've already stocked up on some extra ammo. :0)

Food has been arranged! Cost is $5 per person and includes pulled pork, chicken, white beans, BBQ beans, potato salad, buns, plates and utensils. I'll be picking it up Saturday morning and will plan on having it out and ready to eat by 12:30. If anyone who hasn't already PM'ed me wants to come out and enjoy some excellent BBQ, let me know ASAP!

This is shaping up to be an excellent day, so come on out! I've already stocked up on some extra ammo. :0)

Excellent! So scratch that about plates and chips.

Does any one know the types of targets we can bring out or do they have some at the range?

Pretty much whatever you want. The target boards are 4'x8' sheets of plywood/OSB. There's a painted 6" border that you need to keep off of, but pretty much if it fits on the board, you can shoot it. You can also place clay pigeons on the berms to have a reactive target. Just keep them low on the berms. Wal-Mart and Academy have cases of them for pretty cheap.

No targets, ammo, or other supplies are sold at the range, so bring what you need.

• Administrator
Pretty much whatever you want. The target boards are 4'x8' sheets of plywood/OSB. There's a painted 6" border that you need to keep off of, but pretty much if it fits on the board, you can shoot it. You can also place clay pigeons on the berms to have a reactive target. Just keep them low on the berms. Wal-Mart and Academy have cases of them for pretty cheap.

No targets, ammo, or other supplies are sold at the range, so bring what you need.

I've still got some Zombie targets so I'll bring those. Just make sure if you bring your own, you keep it restricted to paper targets and clay pigeons. It would be in poor form to bring out something metal, plastic, etc. and try to shoot it up on Charlie's range.