IggyBcool

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would never believe in these facts known to every senior WalMart manager

The maximum volume of the sale is generated by bananas

The maximum margin (profit to price ratio) is generated by bottled water

There are goods that generate minimum or no profit but still offered to keep more customers coming

I bet they have guns and ammo to have you buy their bananas and bottled water

No one is willing to take ammo back, something to do with the laws on it. My wife bought me some 308 ammo for my 308 Marlin Express and they would not take it back. However it did give me an excuse to buy another gun.

Makes perfect sense to me!

You could buy your guns and ammo from Wally World. Then they would eventually put the local gun shops out of business like they have put so many other small businesses out. Then just on a whim, Walmart might decide not to sell guns or ammo anymore. Then where will we be?

You could buy your guns and ammo from Wally World. Then they would eventually put the local gun shops out of business like they have put so many other small businesses out.

This

Just like bread, milk, beer, then gas, then auto parts & garage, pharmacy, eyeglasses when Wally world controls everything and we won't have a choice I don't support 'em

Walmart does not offer enough firearms to compete with mom and pops. If a mom and pop is forced out of business over the loss of ammo sales, then they're doing something wrong.

WM's hardware dept - which is larger then their firearm dept - does not put mom and pop hardware stores out of business.

WM's clothing dept. does not put clothing shops out of business.

WM's shoe dept. does not put shoe stores out of business.

WM's pharmacy does not put mom and pop pharmacies out of business.

In fact, many mom and pops directly compete and thrive in WM shopping centers.

The only mom and pops that went out of business were already too weak to compete in today's market. Adapt or die.

Edited by strickj

The only reason that I went to Wally World is, there is one that is literally one minute from my house, instead of driving all the way across the county for a box of ammo. I also needed a few other items so it was a lot more convient for just one stop.

Guest luvmyguns
You could buy your guns and ammo from Wally World. Then they would eventually put the local gun shops out of business like they have put so many other small businesses out. Then just on a whim, Walmart might decide not to sell guns or ammo anymore. Then where will we be?

They do not sell hand guns. So if we let them put our gun shops out business where are we going to get hand guns?

gun shows? just saying. I really don't see Wally as a threat to gun shops. Ammo from there is a no brainer, you gotta be nuts to buy from Bob's Gun store when you can buy elsewhere for 65% of the price. If interwebz ammo sales have not killed guns stores, and Bud's and J&G have not killed gun stores Walmart ain't gonna do it.

The only reason that I went to Wally World is, there is one that is literally one minute from my house, instead of driving all the way across the county for a box of ammo. I also needed a few other items so it was a lot more convient for just one stop.

Did you at least call or try taking it back?

Walmart is not one stop shopping for all things gun related, but for what they do have, ammo, &

a few accessories, their prices are hard to beat. Get what you can at the best price, then go

elsewhere for the rest. True, customer service isn't the best, some stores better than others.

Same can be said for the LGS.

Bottom line, you have to shop around for prices, etc.

The only mom and pops that went out of business were already too weak to compete in today's market. Adapt or die.

Thats pretty cold considering that the mom and pops can't get the same pricing or service from distributors

example I seen the M&P go buy soft drinks and other products at wally world because wally sells to the general public cheaper than the M&P can buy from the distributor

How man times have seen the coke, bread,milk,cigerette, etc rep from the dist .stocking the shelves or other free labor you won't see this at M&P. Big dist pay for self space and other "back room favors" I'm sure its the same for everything else fuel, clothing auto parts etc.

I've worked on both side of the industry I know

Mom & Pops were the backbone of the country and will soon be gone but its not because they were "weak or couldn't "adapt" it' s because they are playing against a stacked deck. Its everybody's choice but me I'll spend the extra pennies with someone I know rather go hang out in little mexico making the rich richer.

When ole Wally runs everybody out they may or may not sell what they want or at what price you want. How many times have you gone there for some particular that you wanted and they didn't have exactly what you wanted but something "similar" just the beginning.

:rant:Sorry its too early to get worked up for this

Edited by laktrash
How long will it take for this to happen? Walmart has been around for along time.

No idea but you see less neighborhood "drugstores", service stations, hardware stores, what I call package stores "beer, chips, etc"

all the time. I realize I'm living in the past its just a shame. Its just not right that the M&P can't compete and its not because they don't have the know how.

OK, exactly when, between this...

first-wal-mart_thumb_thumb.jpg

and this...

seko-sc.jpg

did WM become the evil corporation that runs everyone else out of business? In the 60's, you could make the same argument about Sears and JC Penny. He was the mom & pop store, and he offered something that customers wanted and apparently could not find at the evil corporations of the time.

It is a shame that some of the M&P stores are on the way out but how is that the fault of WM?

and this...

seko-sc.jpg

did WM become the evil corporation that runs everyone else out of business? In the 60's, you could make the same argument about Sears and JC Penny. He was the mom & pop store, and he offered something that customers wanted and apparently could not find at the evil corporations of the time.

It is a shame that some of the M&P stores are on the way out but how is that the fault of WM?

Walmart was the first one stop for everything beer, drugs, tires , gas, camper parking lot, eyeglasses, a**scratcher, ammo,you name wally's got it. Better than Hank Hills Mega Mart

BTW the I like the Chinese or whatever front how do you say Wal mart in latino

Give me Bills Outpost anyday over Walmart

Edited by laktrash
Walmart was the first one stop for everything beer, drugs, tires , gas, camper parking lot, eyeglasses, a**scratcher, ammo,you name wally's got it. Better than Hank Hills Mega Mart

BTW the I like the Chinese or whatever front how do you say Wal mart in latino

Give me Bills Outpost anyday over Walmart

Is Bill's ammo selection and price really that good? I did pick up a tube of Gun Grease for less than 3 bucks from them and that was awesome considering it costs me 7 at Gander Mountain but I really didn't see anything exciting there.

Is Bill's ammo selection and price really that good? I did pick up a tube of Gun Grease for less than 3 bucks from them and that was awesome considering it costs me 7 at Gander Mountain but I really didn't see anything exciting there.

And did they act like they appreciated your business and treated you well ?

Edited by laktrash

and this...

seko-sc.jpg

I remember when everything in walmart was "Made in the USA". When Sam died and his greedy kids took over, they became MaoMart. That would be the line of demarcation for me.

So, in effect Walmart not only undermined the local mom and pops after Sam died, but they also drove manufacturers overseas to meet the target prices and undercut American manufacturers.

If the "civil war" (bs) was fought to free the slaves, why do we continue to push our manufacturing to countries that use slave labor?

Edited by sigmtnman