Somebody just shot a doe with a rifle.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat me to it.

I don't know if it legal or not right now, but I am sure they can help you if you call.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) offers a reward up to $1,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of wildlife poachers.

Individuals with information about poachers or poaching activities can contact the TWRA by calling one of the regional offices from 7:00 a.m. until 12:00 midnight, seven days a week.

Telephone numbers for reporting poachers are as follows:
  • West Tennessee ( Region I ) - 1-800-831-1173

• Middle Tennessee ( Region II) - 1-800-255-8972

• Cumberland Plateau ( Region III ) - 1-800-241-0767

• East Tennessee (Region IV ) - 1-800-831-1174

In addition to the reward offered by the TWRA, the Tennessee State Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation offers up to a $300.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals poaching wild turkeys.

Information such as the individual's name or description, vehicle tag number or description, nature of the offense and location of the offence greatly assists the TWRA in apprehending wildlife poachers. All information received by TWRA is kept in the strictest confidence.

Thanks guys i just called and got a voice mail.

The 2 guys that shot the deer packed up in a hurry when i walked off.

You be mindful of how you show yourself. Reporting this is certainly what you SHOULD do, but exposing yourself as the whistleblower isn't conductive to peaceful living.

I'm sure you knew that. I just wanted to be sure you remember. :clap:

Thanks for the tip. I was walking my dog when i talked to them.

I'm pretty sure they are not from around here. I'm all for hunting legally.

It's not much of a challenge shooting one with a rifle around here.

Houses are literally 50 yards or less from where this happened.

You did the right thing reporting them. I must however say, that I reported a deer poacher, and when the game warden showed up, he ask me if it was a "buck or doe"? I said a "doe". He said they done us all a favor, and I've never heard another word about it! So hush hush it is from here on out! If "bubba" wants a deer to feed his Giblets...more power to him!!!!

what if the people were hungry.

Don't go starting the "they were hungry so it was okay to poach" junk. In case the massive amount of government assistance issued these days doesn't solve that problem there is a church on about every corner in this state and not a single one is not going to help a hungry person. I depend on a fair amount of wild game to eat throughout the year, I hunt legally and freeze it. No need to poach and I always have meat in the freezer.

Guest adamoxtwo

hunting with a rifle within 150yards of a residence (other than your own) I believe is illegal all in itself. Not to mention that if they were hungry learn how to hunt with a Bow or hell even a cross bow!

Don't go starting the "they were hungry so it was okay to poach" junk. In case the massive amount of government assistance issued these days doesn't solve that problem there is a church on about every corner in this state and not a single one is not going to help a hungry person. I depend on a fair amount of wild game to eat throughout the year, I hunt legally and freeze it. No need to poach and I always have meat in the freezer.

Personally, although I have a hunting license (despite a repeated lack of success in getting any 'good' out of it) and hunt legally, I feel that hunting as a means to address a real need to feed oneself or one's family is a natural right and - just like self defense - transcends 'legal' or 'illegal'. That said, it sounds like these bozos were not on their own property nor were they in an area away from other people. It sounds, instead, like they were on property that was not theirs, in close proximity to a public roadway and to at least one residential neighborhood. This made them a very real threat to other people in the area and there is no right - natural or otherwise - to pose such a threat.

Edited by JAB
Guest GunTroll

Can't go cherry picking what rules to follow and what ones to turn a blind eye to. That is a very slippery slope that transcends game laws. Look no further than the Fed Gov for that mess!!!

Bubba's that need to eat and feed their own should have play with the same rules as "us" rich, comfortable, never hungry, upstanding model citizens. Either that or lets just throw the rules out the window because I'd like to go around blasting at all sorts of things. Wanton waste here I come, woohoo !!!!