Places to eat around Pigeon Forge.

babelt

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't waste your time with Legends in Gatlinburg. Food is not very good. In fact when I ordered the Veal Parmesan the waiter said, "Don't order that." The chicken wasn't any better. Make sure you hit Log Cabin Pancakes or one of the many other pancake houses though. The Parrot and the Fox is a decent pub style place. People are really friendly too.

For steak "The Peddler" in Gatlinburg. One of those places they bring the meat out to your table and you pick what you want and how thick. You won't go away hungry for sure. A little pricer but has been there for ever. Smokey Moutain Brewery is another good place to eat more casual with live bands at nite.

http://www.peddlergatlinburg.com/menu.php

http://thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_shoppi/grsmbrew.htm

Edited by laktrash

Went to Tony Gores with my parents a few weeks ago for lunch. Food was good, prices were several dollars higher than previous. Good, but not worth the money in our opinion. Always enjoy the Apple Barn and the Old Mill in Sevier. Seem to be a good value for the cash.

I only eat at clean ( high health food scores ) and good service places. Welcome to my back yard.

Log Cabin Pancakes, pigeon forge. Its at the end of PF before you hit the Spur. Get French Toast Royal. Clean place, good service.

Blue Moose, chicken wings sports bar type place. TVs everywhere. Clean place all kinds flavor of wings, sandwitches

. Pigeon Forge.

McCallisters, soup and sandwitch place. Clean place scores well. Pigeon Forge

Bubba Gump in G"burg. People complain of high prices. Seafood is always higher, but I dont think it is. Fun place.

Best pizza is Big Daddys I think. Two locations, PF and Sevierville ( near Ihop, down from Titanic.) Mellow Mushroom is dirty and the crust is tough.

Smokin Eds BBQ Sevierville, best BBQ around I think. ( Republican people :rolleyes: )

Edited by Tncobra

Pancake Pantry in G'burg. Not posted last time I was there in 2010.

The "Morning Star" is KILLER and enough for two people: Two mounds of our fresh shredded hash browns, each topped with melted cheese and a fried egg. Covered with a blend of diced grilled onions, pimentos, mushrooms, ham and green peppers, Served with toast and whipped butter or buttermilk pancakes

Well I just got back from my short 3-day trip down there. We ended up eating at the Applewood Resturant. It was good. Ended up going to Cades Cove on Tuesday. Didn't really plan it but where my cabin is located of wears valley road it was only less than an hour drive and I had never been so we checked it out. I didn't realize all of the history that is down there. We spent about 5 hours down there. It is a great place and I can't wait to go back. Didn't see any deer or bear but we went in the middle of the day so I would say that would be why. I loved the history lesson I got down there. I went in all but 3 of the buildings on the 11 mile road. Very cool for sure. I was just trying to imagine what it would have been like being in John Oliver's shoes when he crossed the mountain and was the first to settle in Cades Cove. I got alot of pictures of the buildings and the views. Not the best but I will start a thread later and post some up.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will have to try some of those places when I go back down there.

The Pancake Pantry, Smoky Mtn Brewery, Calhoun's, Dixie Stampede if you like dinner & a show, Howard's Restaurant.

I've been to the Copper Cellar, Park Grill, Peddler, Cherokee Grill, AppleWood, Bubba Gump, Hard Rock, etc. and found them all to be mediocre at best, especially for the price.

The Peddler used to be the best steak house in Nashville, years ago, but none here now. I used to

watch that guy cut inch and a half ribeyes and my stomach waited. It's probably a lot different now.

They also had the best salad bar. Sorry you had the bum experience, Erik.