S&W M&P

Guest olddog

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

I carry a full size M&P9 with the Apex upgrades. I wouldn't take a Glock over it. I've tried carrying Glocks. I can never get used to their triggers and the grips just do not feel right.

If you are looking at it for something as important as a carry weapon you might want to see if you can get a rental at a range, or perhaps join up with a member that has one at a range. Personally I think they beat the Glock with no contest, but that is only my opinion. I even like their feel better than my Beretta, but i will deny that if you tell anyone.

I get to play with these all day long every day and personally I think the M&P is a better gun. Reliability and aftermarket support are pretty much even. The Glocks reset is more positive but with the Apex they are nearly identical. What tips the scales way over (IMO) is the use of stainless components (barrel, slide, etc,) and the enormously better ergo's of the M&P.

Please elaborate. Don't they use the same trigger? Were both bought new?

Can't speak for Hawkeye, but of the 3 full-size 9's I've had the first one was awesome from the factory, the second was awful (very very "gritty"), and the third has been normal. Don't know why the discrepancy but I'm told that is normal. Reports are that they all get a lot better after using them for awhile.

I have a M&P 40c. I also have a M&P9 Pro. Now one would think that the 9Pro should have had the better trigger..supposedly it should. The 9Pro had the common "gritty" feel to it. The 40c did not.

In actuality the 40c has a nicer trigger, comparing both new and out of the box within a couple months of each other. I purchased an Apex kit DCEAK thinking it was going in the .40. At this juncture it hasn't gone in either and I am going to get a few hundred rounds through each before I do anything.

I like the 40 and bought a Storm Lake Barrel so I can drop it in and make it a 9mm. With the appropropriate magazines of course.

P1010005-1.jpg

With the XGrip and Viridian C5L Green Laser. I ordered it with Trijicon Night Sights and it came with 3 magazines.

P1010011-3.jpg

P1010017-2.jpg

Edited by DAdams
Guest scott6261

I've had both the glock 27 and the m&p, the both function flawlessly its just a matter of comfort really. the Glock is just a little to big for my smaller hands, i found myself having to adjust my grip too often with it. my m&p has never done that to me. also not to sound like a broken record but the apex kit made my compact 40 fun to shoot and it's narrowed my grouping down quite a bit.

good luck, cheers

I have a M&P 40c. I also have a M&P9 Pro. Now one would think that the 9Pro should have had the better trigger..supposedly it should. The 9Pro had the common "gritty" feel to it. The 40c did not.

In actuality the 40c has a nicer trigger, comparing both new and out of the box within a couple months of each other. I purchased an Apex kit DCEAK thinking it was going in the .40. At this juncture it hasn't gone in either and I am going to get a few hundred rounds through each before I do anything.

I like the 40 and bought a Storm Lake Barrel so I can drop it in and make it a 9mm. With the appropropriate magazines of course.

Do you find the recoil of the .40 in such a small platform to be a bit snappy? Or is it very manageable?