Smart A** local gunshop

I read this whole thread, and am simply amazed at the audacity of Precision Firearms and their ownership.

That email is downright degrading, and the fact that the president seems to think it was an appropriate reply to such a mundane question, is frankly, impossible to contemplate. And it's made even worse by the fact that he continues to try to drum up business, while being oblivious to the issue at hand, as well as, decent human behavior.

I for one, based on the conduct observed here, which tends to be an accurate portrayal of a person's attitude, will never patronize their business. And will be sure to let my friends know the attitude of the people that work there.

I was not the one who mentioned your shop here. It was another who had a negative experience that ID'd your shop From the beginning I kept your business name out of this thread, the public eye and it was others who figured it out. Afterall there is more than just a couple of gun shops in Seymour.

As far as dealing with me I have not had any contact, email or otherwise, from the shop or any representative. I did not start this day looking for anything other than to buy a firearm. Unfortunately it is ending on a sour note for all parties involved.

Dolomite

Tulip,

They say the road to, well the bad place, is paved with good intentions. I am beginning to agree. No one is trying to backpeddle or justify anything. Rather, I was slightly shocked to see so many people who claim to have had a bad experience with our store and intended to garner details relating to those specific visits or simply filter out blind complainers who have no real gripe. The main issue is still on the table and will be settled directly with Mr. Dolomite. I appreciate your input and agree to a point. Just please don't misconstrue my attempts to clear up other issues as an attempt to negate Mr. Dolomite's complaint. Everyone on here is certainly entitled to their opinion of our performance as a whole. I would simply ask that those who have not experienced that performance, good or bad, stay their judgments until they see for themselves how normal business is conducted at Precision Firearms. That will be all I have on the matter tonight. Anyone interested in forming their own opinion of us as a whole, or anyone who may want to discuss a matter they have experienced previously can feel free to contact me.

With all due respect, Sir - and please bear in mind that I've never visited your shop and probably never will simply because of it's location not being convenient my usual routes - your initial email response to the OP (which was the whole purpose of this thread to begin with) would seem to be very indicative of how business is conducted. I mean, for crying out loud, I don't even have a dog in this fight and I was personally offended by the smugness and innate superiority of your self-verified email response even though it wasn't aimed at me.

Put another way, I'm a semi-professional smart@$$ (and make no bones about it) and your response offended even me. I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but you've done nothing to help your case with your various responses. Nice gesture to ask that issues be brought to the shop and worked out in person, and I see where you've stated that you'll "settle the issue directly with Mr. Dolomite" but you still have yet to even hint at an apology for what most members of this forum - indeed I'm guessing most members of polite society - <would> see as a completely and unnecessarily rude initial response.

Your message seems to be "We're great guys in person, but we're socially inept at answering emails, so come on in!" And my take on it is what my dad used to tell me: "If you're not nice when no one is looking, you're not nice, period."

Sincerely wish you all the best in resolving this and negating the damage already done to your reputation, but I'll be honest, it don't look too hopeful...

Sincerely,

Don McCrary

Claxton, Tn.

I was not the one who mentioned your shop here. It was another who had a negative experience that ID'd your shop From the beginning I kept your business name out of this thread, the public eye and it was others who figured it out. Afterall there is more than just a couple of gun shops in Seymour.

As far as dealing with me I have not had any contact, email or otherwise, from the shop or any representative. I did not start this day looking for anything other than to buy a firearm. Unfortunately it is ending on a sour note for all parties involved.

Dolomite

Look on the bright side. You needed a .338 anyway :D.

Dolomite

Well in my eyes at least, that pretty much sums it up. You were the one they needed to do right by first and foremost and they failed in that respect, as well as in others. As I discussed with you earlier I am planning a trip that way and one of the things on my agenda is to visit some of the dealers out there, and by no means, or in any manor will I patronize their business.

I do have to say I was looking forward to a response on my post though...oh well.

My best to you and the misses

Pat

Edited by pfries
Fat fingers
Well this has been fun. I don't think I've ever seen a gunshop commit retail suicide online before.

you must have missed the Frontier thread that Erik eluded to earlier.

I am just flat out amazed that Precision Firearms did not deny the reply to Gordon or at the very least apologize for that response.

The dude keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

i dunno much, but I do know if I owned a gun shop I would not want to piss off TGO over something I obviously did wrong.

Heck, cut the losses and admit you are wrong and make it right. DUH!

I just finished this thread and am dumbfounded that the nut case who who claims to be Precision Firarms does not simply say " I am sorry" and " what can I do to make this right?"

How hard is that to come up with?

And I very much believe the guy claiming to be Precision Arms is the same person who originally responded to Gordon's email.

Can't imagine ever doing biz with them.

Guest TargetShooter84

:D

Precision firearms -I certainly can tell you this that we all are not impressed with you and would appreciate it if you don't return back to TGO for the sake of your business unless you man up and own up to your wrongdoings.

Mr. TMF,

You're passionate. That's very clear. Scares me a little that you may be that quick to pull the trigger on an issue you may not have all the details on - and you clearly carry a gun. If any of us here have wronged you personally then I will welcome and properly bear such label as a**clown. If we have not then I find it to be slightly unnecessary and unfair, and I suspect a label that you would not pin on us were we sitting at a table discussing this like rational people. I suppose this adds credence to the poster above who highlighted how easy it is to depart from one's normal behavior when corresponding online.

I'll try to be as cordial and "reasonable" as possible with my response.

Yes, I am a passionate person. However, I don't think that disqualifies me from carrying a weapon which is what you're suggesting with your comment. In my years of service to this country I've carried many different weapon systems on different continents in austere environments. The level of stress endured in such environments is beyond what you would be able to fit into your head, but if you'd like a snapshot please PM me and I will be more than happy to inform you.

To the subject of "if we were sitting at the table discussing this like rational people": How can you say that after reading your own email? Would you have said that smart a$$ comment to the face of the OP? I'm not an overly intimidating man, but if you responded to me in the way that you responded to the OP in person I would punch you in the face. I'm not being dramatic or passionate. This is what happens when a grown man insults me to my face. I know because I've seen myself do it.

Lastly, you're an a$$hole. When I first read the OP's email I thought that there must be more to this story. I didn't want to believe that there could be a business run this poorly in terms of customer service in this struggling economy. Thank you for coming to this website and giving us the full scope of the story. I wouldn't have fully believed this possible without your input. The picture you painted of yourself and your business is far worse than anything any detractor could possibly say. Good luck with your business. I'll be emailing the contents to this thread to every gun owner I know. Hopefully word about you will spread.

Kudos, to all of trying to discuss or make the owner of this store aware of basic business especially in this economy. What a horrible reply to a customer.

I travel quite a bit with the military and am known to get around. Precision Firearms at this point wouldn't get any of my business.

I will make sure when I visit my units in the area they will all be informed. Soldiers tend to buy a lot of firearms. Firearms always gets discussed at the Drill Hall during my visits.

I wished I could say what I really feel. Even my wife read the reply and is taken back and stated she

could not believe the gun stores email.

Edited by R1100R

I know it is too late for him now, but I can't believe he didn't come to his senses and apologize for the e-mail and try to make it right with Dolomite.

You never know who you are pissing off. Could be some nobody or it could be a well respected citizen of a popular message board.