Got a new folder.

Hey folks,

I have been shopping for quite some time for a new non-ZT folder. Since I really like Chris Reeve knives, I have been really looking at large Sebenzas. Well... I ran across one I really liked. I liked it so much that as soon as I saw it I immediately bought it.

I ended up getting a double lugged large Sebenza with a custom graphic of the Gadsden flag snake and motto "Don't tread on me." This was a limited run of 20 for a Chris Reeve dealer. I chose number 13, which represents the number of colonies that fought in the Revolutionary War.

This is an absolutely fantastic knife, as are all Chris Reeve knives. Here are some pics of my new knife.

img2011111700328.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img2011111700330.jpg

img2011111700331.jpg

Edited by mav
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit that if I were gonna spend in that range for a knife, one of the Sebenzas would most tempt me.

Congrats on having such a special one of an already elite line.

Meanwhile I'll have to settle for a SRM 710. :rolleyes:

- OS

Believe it or not, I would normally never spend this kind of money for a knife. You can get regular and fancy Sebenzas day in and day out. However, you will pay for them, and it is more than I want to pay for a knife.

I have been looking out for great deal on a large Sebe for several months. Every now and then you will run across a used, but mint, one for the low $300s. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. At that price, you are pretty much guaranteed not to loose money (assuming the individual takes care of their knives). I have been unfortunate that I haven't been able to get one.

When I saw this knife with all of the Gadsden stuff, I had to have it. It was one of those rare moments for me when price really didn't matter.

Guest lostpass

Nice, I'm jealous.

I'm having a problem with my knives (which aren't as nice as that one) in that I'm almost afraid to use the more expensive ones. They're so nice I don't want to mess them up! Which kind of defeats to point of having a knife. Are you going to use it? If not, I've got a nice knife storage area you can take advantage of....

Are you going to use it?

Yes. I actually carried and used it today. If by some chance I ever mess it up, CR will be able to fix it.

I really have only one knife that I will absolutely not use. That is my CR Kathathu. That knife is for collecting/investment purposes only.