New Trial for Christian-Newsome Murders

Sandman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

When someone in an official position abuses their position, it has real consequences for all of us. These people who wholely deserved their sentences, and maybe then some will be retried. It will cost the taxpayers of Tennessee millions of dollars, and could result in a different outcome.

We should be disgusted. I think this guy should be required to pick up the tab for each of the likely hundreds of retrials that result.

What should happen is a legal team should be hired to review the cases for problems with rulings and such during the trial. This would be cheaper for all involved.

And honestly if there was any questionable rulings by the judge during the initial it will come out during defendant's appeal process. I see no need for a completely new trial, have a review for the appeal and call it good if no errors were made.

What worries me is the defendants might be able to bond out or released in pretrial status because of a potential screw up. We all know if they ever hit the streets again they will all be gone.

Dolomite

They won't get bond.

Baumgartner ought to have to pay the costs of the trial out of his pension.

I wish he could be tried for aiding and abetting all of the convicted murderers that could go free due to his misconduct. Heck, if there were some way to declare his conduct 'treasonous' and execute him by firing squad as an example to his peers then I'd be all for it.

But they are being retried because of official misconduct, not on appeal. Or that is how I am reading it. Almost like the first trial never happened.

I could be reading it wrong.

Dolomite

If this is indeed a new trial, is it possible that they could be convicted and receive the death penalty this time?

If this is indeed a new trial, is it possible that they could be convicted and receive the death penalty this time?

I was hoping, but alas;

The understanding I have (from the local news) is that they cannot receive a higher sentence, so only one of the 4 has a chance at being put down.

edit to add - I hope this is not actually the case.

Why are these scumbags still alive? Is there a rope shortage in that part of the state or something? Because... I've got some rope. I mean, if I need to make a donation of rope, I'm willing and able to do so.

I have been watching that girl's father since this whole thing started. Give all four of them to him.

I honestly do not know how he and his family can go through this again.

Guest bkelm18

IANAL, but I believe that if there is a re-trial, they cannot receive a harsher penalty than previously awarded.

I dunno how the Christians or Newsoms get past any of this, especially a second go round.

I am amazed they are still together as families. There is no way I could continue to live around here if that happened to my kids.

I don't know how one moves on from it, but I know I could not do it being here. I'd be somewhere else.

I just saw on the news they had a clip where one of them was complaining about the treatment he was getting and the new judge told him to sit down and shut up he wasn't going to listen to any of that.

Edited by laktrash
Guest TargetShooter84
I just saw on the news they had a clip where one of them was complaining about the treatment he was getting and the new judge told him to sit down and shut up he wasn't going to listen to any of that.

Oh boo hoo to them bastards. I hope they get what they deserve in prison showers.

Guest TargetShooter84
What they deserve won't happen in the showers unless it's being done there for easy clean-up of all of the blood and giblets.

If anything, they should get the EXACT treatment my friend channon endured. She did not deserve any of this crap and neither did Chris. Bastards don't deserve retrial.

Channons brother has took this extremely hard and I can't imagine what this retrial would do to him and his family including her best friend, Kara. Good people and friends of mine, I hate to see them go through the pain again.

If anything, they should get the EXACT treatment my friend channon endured. She did not deserve any of this crap and neither did Chris. Bastards don't deserve retrial.

Channons brother has took this extremely hard and I can't imagine what this retrial would do to him and his family including her best friend, Kara. Good people and friends of mine, I hate to see them go through the pain again.

Since you personally know them, please tell them that they are in my thoughts and prayers. Back when this happened I lost a lot of sleep trying to understand how anyone could ever do such a horrible thing. I cannot imagine what those poor families have been through. I feel so strongly about this case that I honestly would give anything that I own just to have 10 minutes in a room with the four monsters that did this.