New to me.....Kahr...

Fourtyfive

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

That is real purdy. I like the looks of the all metal Kahrs lots better than the plastic ones. Not that the plastic ones are ugly. But for carry dunno if the weight would be too much compared the the half-plastic Kahrs. Am sometimes tempted to get a Kahr T9, the biggest metal Kahr with 4" barrel, as a range toy. Probably wouldn't carry it much or any.

I have an older NAA Guardian .380. Dunno if Kahr still makes em for NAA, but as far as I know Kahr made Guardian .380 for NAA in the vintage of mine. IOW its a Kahr gun, though the design is rather dated and dissimilar to the design of the modern Kahrs.

I'm not real happy with the "old style" stiff trigger or heavy blowback recoil of my little NAA .380. Not happy with the ergonomics of shooting that tiny and "dated" design. But it is a beautiful and well-made little pistol regardless of what I consider usability flaws.

The newer metal Kahrs would be lots more usable presumably, and hopefully still beautifully made.

Anyway, my little NAA is perhaps about the size and weight of your MK9, and it sits in a pocket holster great but is heavy enough to sag the pants a lot more than my P9, even though it is smaller and more concealable.

So do the metal Kahr's have the same long, spongy trigger pull? My experience is limited to the CW9.

yup ... exact same. Kahr's have my favorite DOA trigger pulls -- Sexy Smooth IMO.

The only thing I didn't like about my MK9 was the heftiness. Never a hiccup with mine, and she was a stunner. If I ever start collecting firearms, I'd likely pick up another MK9 .... I miss her every once in a while :mad:

So do the metal Kahr's have the same long, spongy trigger pull? My experience is limited to the CW9.

Have to agree with Garufa. Not a fan of the Kahr trigger. Had a K9 for a while. Accurate, but really couldn't come to like the long trigger pull.

Have to agree with Garufa. Not a fan of the Kahr trigger. Had a K9 for a while. Accurate, but really couldn't come to like the long trigger pull.

really? what trigger pull's (firearms) are you accustomed too?

when I compare my old kahr's to any wheel gun sort of DAO, I'd take the kahr hands down each and every time. Now, if I were to compare the kahr trigger pull (length wise) to an XD, I'd go with the XD. I'm not a fan of long trigger pulls, but I admit, Kahr's is the "best" in my opinion. My LCP's trigger pull is super long, and the break it terrible, but it gets the job done :mad:

Guest Lester Weevils

I like the trigger on my P9. It is long but smooth. I'm not good with DA triggers but the size and good grip on the P9 makes it accurate enough for close-up social work.

I have a Kahr CM9. Small and compact, but it's a 9mm. Holds 6 + 1. Been using it for CCW since I broke it in. About 200 rounds through it first time out without a hiccup. $399 new, and will be getting a 7 round mag free through a mail in coupon Kahr offered.1111.jpg[/img]1111019.jpg

I like the trigger. It is a little long, but always very smooth and consistent.

Bad is right. The CM kahrs are a great idea. Quite a bit of punch in a small package. I've never shot a kahr, but i have dry fired 'em. They seem to be like a pretty good double action smith. Can ya "mechanic" the trigger assemblies on these like on a glock; or do ya need to?

leroy

I have a Kahr CM9. Small and compact, but it's a 9mm. Holds 6 + 1. Been using it for CCW since I broke it in. About 200 rounds through it first time out without a hiccup. $399 new, and will be getting a 7 round mag free through a mail in coupon Kahr offered.1111.jpg[/img]1111019.jpg

I like the trigger. It is a little long, but always very smooth and consistent.

I just picked up mine today. Sending off for the free magazine tommorow. I really like the trigger.

I have two EDCs; My Kimber 1911 and my Kahr PM9. Two triggers as different as different can be. But you know what? I really like them both. As the man said the DA trigger is easy to get used to and I keep one in the pipe in my OWB holster when I carry it.

Very nice looking weapon sir!

They seem to be like a pretty good double action smith. Can ya "mechanic" the trigger assemblies on these like on a glock; or do ya need to?

That's exactly what the trigger is designed to mimic - Kahr even advertises it that way. I've had a PM9 for about a year and I'm not a fan. I upgraded the awful sights to Heinies and bought a couple of different Comp-Tac holsters to give it a fair shot. I really wanted to like this gun and have it fill the niche of super-light carry. The trigger pull is looooooong and smooth like a S&W revolver, but so is the trigger reset. Seriously, you could fire a round and go out and get a cup of coffee and when you come back, the trigger is still on its way to resetting. IMO, the Kahrs are fine for folks who like magazine-fed revolvers, but that ain't me.

Leroy, the trigger is not to be messed with, it's take it or leave it. Read at the link below for some good info:

Kahr trigger mods.... anyone do anything to change your trigger - AR15.COM

Little bit of background on the founder of Kahr Arms as well for those that enjoy trivia.

Moon Kook-jin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 4 weeks later...
Guest klwehunt

I had a kahr pm 9 for a while and really liked it,but have always been a 45 guy,then kahr came out with the pm45 been carrying it for 3or4 yrs. now and don't carry anything else it's light,small good trigger i did have it ported.With full house plus p's it was a handfull.It only weighs 18 ozs. so it had a lot of jump.I carry xtra 7rd.mag so that gives me 13rds makes good everyday companion.

Guest drv2fst

I like Kahr's too. The trigger is sweet but unlike any other guns I have. It's my carry piece as often as anything else. My complaint about them is their mags. That top round wants to come out of the mag more than any other mags I have.