Reloads in Glocks

Guest jth_3s

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hunter

I have shot my reloads in 9mm, 40, 38, 357 and 45 for years including lead and have had zero problems. A bright light like an LED above the powder station prevents double drops, the major cause of KB's. I have shot Hard lead in my Glocks and yes soft lead will create a build up because of the polygon rifling

• Administrator

Let me restate my case so as to be clear...

I would never shoot someone else's reloads in my own Glock. I would be equally hesitant to shoot someone else's reloads in any handgun that I own.

Glocks are not as forgiving as some handguns when it comes to overcharged loads. You may find anecdotal evidence that hundreds of thousands of people have shot reloads in their Glocks with no adverse affects. You may also find a guy nicknamed "Stubbie" because he used a buddy's reloads in his Glock 23 and it claymored his hand real good.

Just food for thought.

There's probably a lot of people who have swam with sharks and lived to tell about how cool and harmless it was too. :P

Guest Hunter

"I would never shoot someone else's reloads in my own Glock. I would be equally hesitant to shoot someone else's reloads in any handgun that I own."

No truer statement about reloads

Factory reloads, such as Georgia-Arms, etc. are produced on the same machines as their new ammo, and are held to certain quality standards... It's the handloads by private individuals which aren't regulated, and may have unsafe variances. Besides that, lead bullets (commonly used in reloads, factory or otherwise) aren't totally compatible with polygonal rifling.

I'd shoot G-A ammo all day long with no worries, same as I do now, even if I had a Glock... it's the unpredictable stuff one might find at gun-shows which I'd only fire in something with a properly supported action and chamber.

okay someone decipher what the heck all the numbers mean. Is there any rhyme or reason to the numbering system using in glocks?

Heck that is one of the most valid reasons I can come up with for not owning one

:)

okay someone decipher what the heck all the numbers mean. Is there any rhyme or reason to the numbering system using in glocks?

Heck that is one of the most valid reasons I can come up with for not owning one

;)

I think yhe G17 came to be called that because it was Gaston's 17th patent. I have no idea about the rest of them. Probably has to do with numerology and Glock Perfection. ;)

I know, I know, I am new here, but here it goes anyways.....:popcorn:

This is crazy. A crappy reload in any gun will screw it up, Glock, S&W, H&K, Kimber, Ruger, Sig,etc. God how small minded some people are.:rolleyes:

I absolutely hate Sigs, so I guess I need to start talking about how crappy reload will blow-up a Sig. ;):slapfight:;):slapfight:

Ok let it rip Glock Haters.

For the record I do carry a glock but I also am a fan of the XD, Kimber 1911, all wheelguns, Rugers, Remingtons, Mossbergs, Savage, and a few others.

This is crazy. A crappy reload in any gun will screw it up, Glock, S&W, H&K, Kimber, Ruger, Sig,etc. God how small minded some people are.:rolleyes:

I absolutely hate Sigs, so I guess I need to start talking about how crappy reload will blow-up a Sig. :wave::slapfight:;):slapfight:

Another mindless Gaston worshiper. Flush out your headgear--Glocks are the only guns that blow up.

Loaded 40 Major for USPSA Limited with 185's and 200's in a Stock 35 bbl with Titegroup and no problems. Still loading 147's in a 9 with a stockk bbl in a 17 with straight Clays and still no problems.

DaG

Guest Grout
Not sure if he is a Glock worshiper, or SIG hater, or both. :)

(But I'd be a lot more careful of my reloading technique if I shot a Glock rather than a SIG) :D

I use the same amount of care no matter what gun I reload for.

A VERY good idea.

Well said.

I am starting to believe that all Glocks should be 9mm. Reloaded ammo or factory. I have a Glock 23 that I carry but I shoot 9mm through it almost exclusively. You rarely(ever?) hear of Glock 9mm Kb!

SAAMI max pressure for standard 9mm and 40S&W are the same. I agree about the amount of unsupported case but not pressure. It does, however, have a lot to do w/ the specific cartridge. Some have less margin for error than others due to many factors (like cartridge case design).

SAAMI max pressure for standard 9mm and 40S&W are the same. I agree about the amount of unsupported case but not pressure. It does, however, have a lot to do w/ the specific cartridge. Some have less margin for error than others due to many factors (like cartridge case design).

You are absolutely correct. Thanks for checking it.