Getting any blades for Christmas or planning on getting anything new next year?

Anyone buying themselves any new blades for Christmas, or have dropped hints to your significant other? Planning on anything new early next year?

To answer my own question, I am getting two new blades right after Christmas. Thanks to our good SMEs, a deal was brought to my attention that I couldn't pass up. I will post them when I get them. Thanks Fred.

As far as early next year goes, I have a ZT0561 and 0777 on preorder. Outside of those two, who knows. I am always looking out for good deals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well while not a fancy or special knife, ironicly I am sitting here holding my new CRKT M21-02G. My wife got it for me for Christmas :up:. It is my first CR knife and I have to say it seems pretty nice so far. Very sharp out of the box, a nice fit to my hand and a good heft. the blade itself seems very stout and the action is smooth with a very solid lock. I can't wait to put it to work.

Guest Broomhead

I had hoped to be making my own knives by Christmas, but alas the budget demands that Mommy's and Daddy's Christmases have to wait till probably tax time.

Well while not a fancy or special knife, ironicly I am sitting here holding my new CRKT M21-02G. My wife got it for me for Christmas :up:. It is my first CR knife and I have to say it seems pretty nice so far. Very sharp out of the box, a nice fit to my hand and a good heft. the blade itself seems very stout and the action is smooth with a very solid lock. I can't wait to put it to work.

Nice one. Looks like it has gotten some good reviews. You know you have a good wife or husband, if they trust you well enough to buy you a knife or gun for Christmas ;)

Giving a couple of blades for Christmas. A Buck 110 for each of my nephews now that they have come of age: one 10 and one soon to be 9 (18 months apart, just like me and my brother when we got ours).

However, for me, I'm really liking the ESEE 4 with the OD green blade and orange handle. . . . . .

Nice one. Looks like it has gotten some good reviews. You know you have a good wife or husband, if they trust you well enough to buy you a knife or gun for Christmas :poop:

Not trying to sound like a complete puss but she is great. She actually wanted to get me a saiga 410 I have been wanting but it did not work out. Gotta love a woman like that.

Hopefully I've got a new blade coming. My friend's little brother has been tinkering with the hobby of knife making and made him a nice skinner knife. So I decided to throw a little business his way and asked for a Topps Tom Brown Tracker look-a-like in damascus steel to my specifications. I was told it would take him a little while to do so hopefully I'll get it in the next month or 2, I'll be sure to post some pics once it gets here.

I got a ZT 0350 as a gift particularly for myself and a few other blades just for fun.

The ZT knifes are how I found out about CRKT. I had been wanting a ZT and was talking about it at work and a friend showed me his CR. I am not saying they are the same just somewhat similar and the CR fit my budget better lol. One day I will get a ZT though they make a great knife.

The wife and I gave each other new Verizon smart phones as early Christmas presents the first of December. But she asked me the other day if there was anything else I wanted (in case Santa asks her, you see), so I'm hoping for an aluminum CRKT Drifter. As if I NEED another knife, but what does need have to do with it?

Guest Scramasax

I've got several neck knives comming from Gary Wheeler and Kim Breed. Also limited run custom from Gary through Hso on THR. Hope to get the extra money for a CAS Raptor Katana. I'm going through my present knife accumulation to see what I'm going to roll over from the Randalls and customs. I nned to get a couple of scopes and some 1911 parts to finish some projects.

BTW: I've known the Gentleman from Taiwan that makes CRKT knives for over 10 yrs. He makes a very quality product. I believe they have the best value knives in production.

Cheers, May your God bless you and keep you and yours safe.

ts

Guest bkelm18

I've never gotten warm fuzzies from CRKT. Just never really cared for them for whatever reason. I think you can have a better knife for almost the same price in a Kershaw or Spyderco. That's just my opinion, of course.

I've never gotten warm fuzzies from CRKT. Just never really cared for them for whatever reason. I think you can have a better knife for almost the same price in a Kershaw or Spyderco. That's just my opinion, of course.

I like all three of those knife makers and own at least one of each, but I can't see a dime's worth of difference in quality.

Guest bkelm18
I like all three of those knife makers and own at least one of each, but I can't see a dime's worth of difference in quality.

It was probably just my experience with the two or three knives that I had from CRKT. The quality just wasn't that great but for a $10-$20 knife you can't really complain.

It was probably just my experience with the two or three knives that I had from CRKT. The quality just wasn't that great but for a $10-$20 knife you can't really complain.

CRKT has some innovative stuff; I really like the little Minimalist neckers.

It's just that CRKT, just like Cold Steel, is not a knife manufacturer at all, but a knife designer, and everything is contracted out to unnamed makers abroad, none are made in US.

Kershaw does both, designs and manufactures. About half made here and half in China -- as far as Chinese stuff, some of the best made are found in Kershaw's lower end products; I have a Tremor in back pocket right now.

Only got one new blade "for Christmas", tacked on a Cold Steel Pocket Bushman to an Amazon order for something else. Long story, and not exactly sure how I did it, but I also managed to use it to inflict a Lifetime Top Ten Laceration on left palm two weeks ago, meaty part below thumb. Really should have gone and gotten stitches, but was on a Fri night, no walk-in clinics. By Monday, decided as long as it didn't get infected, I'll just let it do it's thing, looking like it's gonna be okay.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I stopped into the shop last week to get a couple swiss made Mora fixed blade knives. Before I could get out the door I had bought every Mora in the case (8 I think) and emptied my pockets of green paper. I will still give a couple as gifts but then Merry Christmas to me.

Guest 22-rimfire

CRKT knives are often better than they seem, even the ones made in China. I have a Ringed Razel and Razel Stubby that aren't bad even though I definitely prefer the Stubby overall and carry it as an EDC from time to time. I think I want a slightly larger razel folder as it might be more useful.

Condor has captured my interest this year. I have purchased two Golok machetes, Puerto Rican machete, and the Parang. I've also purchased their Bush Lore knife and just recently the Hudson Bay. I really like the Hudson Bay. Just got it in the last week or so. I keep picking it up and fondling it. I like it. My neck knife is a Condor which I also like.

Have gotten two Blackjack knives in the last month or so; the Model 1-7 and 125. The 125 came with the same order as the Hudson Bay and I think I'm going to like using this knife in the woods.

I've also picked up a couple Great Eastern folders. They are excellent knives.

This has definitely been a knife or blade year for me. Planning on cooling it a bit in 2012 and maybe just pickup a custom. But if I attend the Blade Show in Atlanta come June, that always throws a major wrinkle in my knife budget. Just going to play it by ear. Knives are fun.

• 2 weeks later...