One Person Shot At Hickory Hollow Mall

They have signs at the entrances to to mall parking lots saying that guns are not allowed so how can this happen? If they don't want my $$$ then I'm more than happy to NOT spend it with their businesses!

Never saw a "No Guns" sign on an online store!

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16568382/one-person-shot-at-hickory-hollow-mall

Edited by Volzfan
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your URL is broken, but I did hear about this on the radio.

I've been there about a year ago and went into the mall near that Asian store that sells the fake knives and weed pipes. I looked for and saw no signs, but wasn't looking in the parking lot.

The nearest Harbor Freight is next to HH Mall.

So, I just strap up, plan for a daylight excursion into hostile territory, stick to my objective, watch my six, and GTFO before dark. So far, every mission has been a success and there have been no casualties.

Rivergate mall is a gun free zone as well. There was a shooting in the food court over there in '07 or '08. I used to work Loss Prevention for one of the anchors in that mall. It's a scary place. Filled in at HH sometimes as well, that's a really scary place. Of course we weren't allowed to carry but I wouldn't leave the office without my 2-way that was tied to the local PD.

• Administrator
The nearest Harbor Freight is next to HH Mall.

So, I just strap up, plan for a daylight excursion into hostile territory, stick to my objective, watch my six, and GTFO before dark. So far, every mission has been a success and there have been no casualties.

I've stopped going to Harbor Freight since we got the Northern Tool in Murfreesboro.

I've stopped going to Harbor Freight since we got the Northern Tool in Murfreesboro.

There's a Norther Tool around here too, but I've only been once (to fill propane). I didn't have time to look around. How do the prices compare?

Harbor Freight should put a dumpster outside there stores so you can throw whatever you just bought away.

Northern Tool is not far behind them. Used to be good stuff.

I don't know, some people may be harder on tools than others. I've got a few name brand tools mixed in with my HF tools. I can tell a difference in quality and all, but not enough to jsutify 4 or 5 X the price. Aside from a set of titanium drill bits that seem to be disposable after one use on metal, I've had pretty good luck out of what I've purchased.

For the tools I use often enough that it looks like I'd wear out 4 or 5 cheapos over the years, I'll buy a name brand tool. Most of the stuff I get from Harbor Freight will hold up just fine for ocassional use.

Guest nicemac
Harbor Freight should put a dumpster outside there stores so you can throw whatever you just bought away.

Perfectly stated.

I have never used anything from HF that was any good. I believe you guys that swear that you got something that lasted from there–I just never have, so I will not go back and toss my money away. I decided several years ago that I will do my research and buy quality before I settle for junk that doesn't hold up. I have paid enough stupid tax over the years.

Back on topic… I honestly thought that HH Mall had been closed for several years.

I don't know, some people may be harder on tools than others. I've got a few name brand tools mixed in with my HF tools. I can tell a difference in quality and all, but not enough to jsutify 4 or 5 X the price. Aside from a set of titanium drill bits that seem to be disposable after one use on metal, I've had pretty good luck out of what I've purchased.

For the tools I use often enough that it looks like I'd wear out 4 or 5 cheapos over the years, I'll buy a name brand tool. Most of the stuff I get from Harbor Freight will hold up just fine for ocassional use.

Glad you had luck with them. Everything I have used from there seemed to break on a Saturday night from light use. I was a mechanic for years so I have high end stuff. The trick to high end tool prices is ebay or craigslist. Sometimes pawn shops but not like it used to be. I haven't bought anything of the tool trucks in years.

Grainger carries good stuff too.

Glad you had luck with them. Everything I have used from there seemed to break on a Saturday night from light use. I was a mechanic for years so I have high end stuff. The trick to high end tool prices is ebay or craigslist. Sometimes pawn shops but not like it used to be. I haven't bought anything of the tool trucks in years.

Grainger carries good stuff too.

I know better than to argue with someone who's worked as a mechanic or some other trade when it comes to tools. Using them everyday definitely makes you a better judge of what's good and what's not.

I just tinker in my garage on little projects here and there. If my livelihood depended on them, I'd probably buy better stuff too. I guess I'm lucky that for my purposes, el cheapos work out fine.

I know better than to argue with someone who's worked as a mechanic or some other trade when it comes to tools. Using them everyday definitely makes you a better judge of what's good and what's not.

I just tinker in my garage on little projects here and there. If my livelihood depended on them, I'd probably buy better stuff too. I guess I'm lucky that for my purposes, el cheapos work out fine.

A lot of stuff ain't what it used to be. I remember when Craftsman and Husky tools were good.