Anti-gun protest at Starbucks on Valentine's Day

So, ... Starbucks will be a really 'safe' place to be on Valentines day... Sweet FTW! (get my caffeine fix, won't have anti-gun tards there, and have plenty of pro-2A people doing business through out the day)

my wife and I got our Starbucks...no issues at all one store near us didn't know much about it at all either way...... we just thanked them and went on our way....

Edited by sigrug17

Don't make a scene

- Vote with your wallet

- use a $2 if you got it.

- you don't have to buy coffee. Hot Coco or bagel will do.

It is very possible that enough attention will be brought to this that a very (as you are well aware) internet pro 2a community would create quite a blip on the 14th of Feb.

Certainly won't be the news that the brady bunch is expecting.

Don't make a scene

- Vote with your wallet

- use a $2 if you got it.

- you don't have to buy coffee. Hot Coco or bagel will do.

It is very possible that enough attention will be brought to this that a very (as you are well aware) internet pro 2a community would create quite a blip on the 14th of Feb.

Certainly won't be the news that the brady bunch is expecting.

Where and when did this $2 Bill / Second Amendment connection begin? I think it's awesome, but I'd sure like to know the back-story.

All, here is the response from the email I sent to Starbucks regarding the boycott:

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,

Kelsey F

Customer Relations

Starbucks Coffee Company

800 STARBUC (782-7282)

Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

I didn't expect for them to respond with a pro-2A message, but I'm impressed they take the stance of following the law of the land as opposed to caving to pressure; hippies make up a good portion of their customer base. The email I sent them wasn't regarding OCing only, but handgun carry in general. I think because of the stuff that happened in California they are addressing it as an OC issue and not worrying about CC. I'll have to find a 2 dollar bill before the 14th.

All, here is the response from the email I sent to Starbucks regarding the boycott:

I didn't expect for them to respond with a pro-2A message, but I'm impressed they take the stance of following the law of the land as opposed to caving to pressure; hippies make up a good portion of their customer base. The email I sent them wasn't regarding OCing only, but handgun carry in general. I think because of the stuff that happened in California they are addressing it as an OC issue and not worrying about CC. I'll have to find a 2 dollar bill before the 14th.

I wrote them also and got the same reply, I too was impressed.

• Administrator
David's right, open carry could send the wrong idea to an already intellectually challenged group of peons, BUT I was just telling the wife we may grab a cup of Joe on V/day [and i HATE coffee] I won't open carry but I think I'll wear my Midway USA hat & my favorite T shirt.

chacpa3.jpg

The only problem I would personally have with wearing that shirt is the last line. I don't want to hear any questions from anyone who reads my shirt. If I could get a version of that which replaced the last line with the phrase "Go pound sand" or "STFU and color" I would buy it. :cool:

I mean, really... it just invites questions from the sort of arrogant mentaly-elite douchebag that I honestly don't want to be within breathing distance of.

• Administrator
I'm thinking this is an excellent opportunity to fill businesses with openly armed citizens, and sit back and watch, as NOBODY GETS HURT.

I think the OC part of this is an idiotic idea and will just play into the hands of those who are trying to get Starbucks to change their stance on the matter. Discretion is the better part of valor. I don't expect you to completely understand that at 24 years of age, but I would hope that you'd at least consider the advice of people who have been on this earth almost twice as long as you and understand that sometimes our "opinions" on things like OC and the negative impact it actually has on people come from experience.

The only problem I would personally have with wearing that shirt is the last line. I don't want to hear any questions from anyone who reads my shirt. If I could get a version of that which replaced the last line with the phrase "Go pound sand" or "STFU and color" I would buy it. :cool:

I mean, really... it just invites questions from the sort of arrogant mentaly-elite douchebag that I honestly don't want to be within breathing distance of.

Why don't you wanna answer questions? If you will not answer questions, then will you entertain statements from others? And what makes you think people with coloring books are going to want to read your shirt? The whole premise of someone coloring is that they can not read, isn't it? Why can't you just let things be? What makes your phrase any better then the original? And where did the "go pound sand" phrase come from anyway?

Hey, I'm closin' in on 25 thank you very much. In an ordinary circumstance, with ordinary people and customers around, I would CC. Hel, in any ordinary circumstance I wouldn't be stepping foot in a Starbucks. But, what does it accomplish if a whole bunch of gun owners go to Starbucks, to show their support, on the same day the antis are protesting, and the only people who had any idea we did such a thing, are us, and the handful of Starbucks managers. Then entire point of my idea, is that the people who would normally freak out and scream at the sight of a firearm, and respond by doing everything they could to get them banned from Starbucks, are refusing to do business with them on that day. Just imagine if we had a single entire Starbucks full of gun owners peacefully drinking their coffees, and eating their bagelses for an entire day, with nothing bad happening. Every single thing those hippies would be outside protesting would've just been shot to **** with recent, modern proof that they are wrong about us. While I do respect the wisdom that comes with experience, and as I said earlier, normally CC, I am also relishing this opportunity to show the rest of the country, that the morons who think we're a threat to everyone around us have no idea what they are talking about.

The big thing is it's a boycott so we may not see any sign carrying Hippies on the sidewalk. That means there will be two types of customers inside, firearm supporters, and those who do not care. Both will be a fail for the boycott supporters. So don't worry about how your piece is hanging, just be on the inside with a little cash.

People open carry at Starbucks every day across the country, I don't know why you guys think this day will be any different. Same old song and dance. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Americans are so oblivious they don't even notice people openly carrying.

Let it go guys, this isn't California.

Some folks aren't thinking. The antis would like to portray us all as a bunch of unwashed, illiterate, country bumpkins. Wouldn't swarming a Starbucks Open Carrying give credence to that line of thinking. Most of us are honest law abiding citizens who go about living our lives in an unobtrusive manner while armed against the dangers that might beset us. That's probably the image we should portray that day. Don't feed the antis. Starve them by refusing to take the bait.

Hey, I'm closin' in on 25 thank you very much. In an ordinary circumstance, with ordinary people and customers around, I would CC. Hel, in any ordinary circumstance I wouldn't be stepping foot in a Starbucks. But, what does it accomplish if a whole bunch of gun owners go to Starbucks, to show their support, on the same day the antis are protesting, and the only people who had any idea we did such a thing, are us, and the handful of Starbucks managers. Then entire point of my idea, is that the people who would normally freak out and scream at the sight of a firearm, and respond by doing everything they could to get them banned from Starbucks, are refusing to do business with them on that day. Just imagine if we had a single entire Starbucks full of gun owners peacefully drinking their coffees, and eating their bagelses for an entire day, with nothing bad happening. Every single thing those hippies would be outside protesting would've just been shot to **** with recent, modern proof that they are wrong about us. While I do respect the wisdom that comes with experience, and as I said earlier, normally CC, I am also relishing this opportunity to show the rest of the country, that the morons who think we're a threat to everyone around us have no idea what they are talking about.

To us, just seeing someone lawfully carrying a gun into Starbucks isn't a "bad" thing. To those who oppose us, it's a "bad" thing. Bad enough for them to write letters about how scary we are to them and their children. If Starbucks gets enough mail like that and it coincides with a significant sales dip, then they will change their stance on this. Don't let their lofty response about "following the laws" fool you. Other chains would quickly follow their lead. Yes, Starbucks is that big. And there will be nothing we can do to stop it.

Just imagine a different scenario: a day of sales growth without any complaints about us. If I were Starbucks, a day like that would make me feel pretty good about allowing lawful gun carriers in my stores no matter what these Brady Bunch wannabees say.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Be careful just who you support. And for God's sake don't be caught paying for your coffee with a $2 bill.

I'm not advocating a protest of the business for their beliefs but you will not find me giving money to someone for something I don't want because of their "openness" to other communities as well. You can't be friends to everyone.

http://thedailywh.at/2012/01/25/starbucks-same-sex-marriage-support-of-the-day/

Guest tommy62
I don't know what Starbucks puts in their coffee, but that stuff goes through my colon like a freight train.Nonetheless, I'll stop by that day and show my support. My girls LOVE that $3 chocolate milk they've got.
Especially good with thier muffins.LMAO Edited by tommy62
Guest tommy62

I have an idea...Let's make and post a video stating our political views and interview every dumbass that walks by.

Dang, someone already beat me to it!!!!

Be careful just who you support. And for God's sake don't be caught paying for your coffee with a $2 bill.

I'm not advocating a protest of the business for their beliefs but you will not find me giving money to someone for something I don't want because of their "openness" to other communities as well. You can't be friends to everyone.

Starbucks Same-Sex Marriage Support of the Day - The Daily What

Eh, the $3 dollar bill ain't out yet... when it is I'll pay with that one.